Tron previews for DVC?

For those who had their TRON preview today but not the first time slot, were you able to check in first thing then head to TRON at your time slot? Also, were you allowed multiple rides? I have my preview tomorrow at 1 so trying to figure out a plan. TIA!

For those who had their TRON preview today but not the first time slot, were you able to check in first thing then head to TRON at your time slot? Also, were you allowed multiple rides? I have my preview tomorrow at 1 so trying to figure out a plan. TIA!
We were only able to ride once. Our time slot was 9:30-10:30, we were able to get our wristband at around 900 and entered the queue line a few mins before 9:30.

Jennifer

So, have you ridden GotG too? Which did you like better, or are they different enough to both be "must do" rides?
I did ride GOTG in the Fall. To be honest, I’m not much of a coaster person. I love the smaller ones like Slinky, SDMT, etc., but don’t do Everest, RRC etc..

GOTG gave me a short bout of vertigo (had to sit down on a bench for about 1/2 hr afterwards) so I wouldn’t do it again unfortunately. But my 30-somethings who rode it today said it was amazing. I almost didn’t do Tron after the GOTG experience but I loved it. It’s very short, but a lot of fun packed in to a short ride.

I think most ride fans would say GOTG is a much better ride in terms of newer technology, etc. But they are very different rides and both are good additions!

I prefer GotG. Tron is good, but much too short. Still, I consider them both ”must-do’s” at least once. I wouldn’t go too far out of my way for Tron, wouldn’t pay for a LL or anything like that.
Yea, I also wouldn’t wait two hours for it either. But it is a good ride! We went first row and it really felt like you were flying.

We have a 1pm DVC preview today (earliest slot available when we booked it) and we got to the park at 10 and they already had the event entrance set up at the MK gates. Got in no problem early. All they did was scan my MB i didn’t need to show my digital ID on my apple wallet. You get a color coded wristband to wear.

Do you guys know if these types of previews (tron) are for any DVC member or just for "blue card," DVC members?

Was wondering if Tron would run in the rain. And found they did

Last edited:
What did you think of the experience?
It was okay, but we felt that Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind is a better attraction. I would like to ride at least once after dark to experience the canopy lighting effects, but the ride in general will not be a high priority to re-ride.

We did our preview on Saturday and chose the latest time possible- 8 pm. I think it was close to 9 before we got on the ride.

It was really cool to do it at night- I am glad we chose that timeframe. It was also longer than i had expected after hearing that it was so short - definitely shorter than GOTG but longer than RRC.

It was really cool to do it at night- I am glad we chose that timeframe. It was also longer than i had expected after hearing that it was so short - definitely shorter than GOTG but longer than RRC.
Guardians ride time is much longer than Tron. Tron is a little over 1 minute in ride time while Guardians is around 2.5 minutes. When it comes to physical track length, Tron is about 3200 feet while Guardians is 5600 feet.

Guardians ride time is much longer than Tron. Tron is a little over 1 minute in ride time while Guardians is around 2.5 minutes. When it comes to physical track length, Tron is about 3200 feet while Guardians is 5600 feet.
I said it definitely felt shorter than GOTG. But wasn't as short as I expected.

We had 11-11:30 and checked in outside MK at 9:00 before tapping in. They check you in, then you tap in and they wristband you. You then proceed in as usual and go on with your day until your time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter