Tron previews for DVC?

I know that Cast members had to go to ticket & transportation for the preview check in but my reservation says main entrance.

For the GOTC check-in, Cast Members we’re waiting near the entrance of Epcot.

I spoke with guest relations this weekend at Magic Kingdom who said that to get into the park, no matter what, you need “valid Magic Kingdom Entitlement” in order to enter. So a ticket without a blackout date that allows access to MK (makes sense). However, she also said that you either need a MK park reservation or no park reservation at all (if you are the guest of the person listed on the preview reservation). She specifically mentioned that you can’t have a reservation for a different park like Epcot because you would no longer have “valid Magic Kingdom Entitlement” until after 2pm (also assuming you have a park hopper ticket). She did have to call over to DVC and find this out and figured this from their information so ….

Anyone have contradicting information on this? Or does this make sense. Would love to have an Epcot reservation instead of MK.

I spoke with guest relations this weekend at Magic Kingdom who said that to get into the park, no matter what, you need “valid Magic Kingdom Entitlement” in order to enter. So a ticket without a blackout date that allows access to MK (makes sense). However, she also said that you either need a MK park reservation or no park reservation at all (if you are the guest of the person listed on the preview reservation). She specifically mentioned that you can’t have a reservation for a different park like Epcot because you would no longer have “valid Magic Kingdom Entitlement” until after 2pm (also assuming you have a park hopper ticket). She did have to call over to DVC and find this out and figured this from their information so ….

Anyone have contradicting information on this? Or does this make sense. Would love to have an Epcot reservation instead of MK.
This makes zero sense - many people are going to have different park reservations for their preview day. Should be interesting checking in as we have an Epcot park reservation (we have a lunch reservation at Epcot following our 1 hour early morning preview at MK).

Hello,
We are taking a last minute trip to WDW this Friday (3/3) for three days. This wasn't planned until today, and so I haven't paid attention to the Tron previews. We are both DVC members and AP holders. Is there any way to sign up for a preview ride, or to get on a waitlist?... TIA!

Hello,
We are taking a last minute trip to WDW this Friday (3/3) for three days. This wasn't planned until today, and so I haven't paid attention to the Tron previews. We are both DVC members and AP holders. Is there any way to sign up for a preview ride, or to get on a waitlist?... TIA!
Nope, the signup opportunity was on Feb 16.

I know they were adding Tron preview reservations for AP's onto MDE a few days ago. Has anyone seen or heard anything about when they'll be provisioning DVC previews? The first day of DVC previews is this coming Saturday.
I was told by DVC Member Services in no uncertain terms that there would NOT be any additional days. >:( >:( >:(
Which probably means that there will be.:-):-):-)

I was told by DVC Member Services in no uncertain terms that there would NOT be any additional days. >:( >:( >:(
Which probably means that there will be.:-):-):-)
@DonMacGregor is referring to MK Park Passes being added to APs for the events they signed up for. He's not referring to additional days being added for the preview.

Has anyone gotten the email yet confirming for this weekend? My friend got one for her passholder preview which is also Sunday.

Just received the email confirmation for our reserved time.

Check-in must occur at the Main Entrance of Magic Kingdom Park via the event check-in queue. Full party must check-in no later than 15 minutes before the END of the preview window listed above.

Just received the email confirmation for our reserved time.

Check-in must occur at the Main Entrance of Magic Kingdom Park via the event check-in queue. Full party must check-in no later than 15 minutes before the END of the preview window listed above.
Just received mine as well.

Just want to bump this question here… anyone have any thoughts on this idea that you can’t have a different park reservation?

You can get into MK if you have a reservation for another park, but you will have trouble getting into the park you have a reservation for before 2PM go straight to guest relations at the second park because people at the gate/touch point won’t be able to help

We’re here today. We had an early morning DVC Tron preview at MK. Some of our party also had an existing Epcot reservation. When they arrived at Epcot late morning, they were not able to get in. It was a 45 minute wait at guest relations to sort it and a lot of angry DVC members.

It did get resolved eventually, and they gave our family one free LL for the inconvenience, but it seems like this is something they should have been able to set up properly on the IT side. Or at least have given people a warning in advance.

Ride was fun though!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter