Trip Reports

Drinking tea now. Need to stop by Kroger to get some Vit C.
And i am thinking good vibes by listening to the Disney Podcasts.

Don't forget that Zinc Sue told you to take! I swear by that stuff:upsidedow Now that BArely Jack no longer needs it I'll send the virtual chicken soup your way--do not want to be sick at the World:goodvibes

Barley Jack--You did pick the worst counter service on property (on my humble opinion) for lunch at HS:rotfl: Luckily you got plenty of other good food on the trip. I am so enjoying the TR--thanks:)

And lots of Echinacea!

Lots of CM's are sick because of the guests that bring us colds from up north!

But on the bright side, the weather has been great!:cool1:

Lovin' the TR so far! Your pics are awesome! Can't wait for the next installment....

I<3 ... Take AIRBORNE...DP swears by it, you'd think she had stock in the company or something. It does seem to work though. Hope you have a great trip!

Pre-Trip:
I was in a continuous battle to fight off all the co-workers that were sick in the office around me. Armed with vitamins and other meds, I fought the battle well but had some loses. So as the day of the trip arrived I had a bit of a stuffy nose each morning and a post nasal drip (TMI). But I soldiered on, as a stuffy nose won't stop me.

Arrival Day (Feb 10th):
The alarm went off at 5am. I was using my cell phone as I was over at friend's house so that we could just get up and go. And just for the trip I sent my cell phone ring tone to the Mickey Mouse Club March. We loaded up the car and were on the road by 6am. Just before dawn it was really neat to see the stars (as we had escaped the lights of Atlanta). And among the stars we got to see Venus, Mercury, Mars, and Jupiter all at the same time in a line across the sky. And so we drove on.....till about 1pm.

DisneyTrip08002.jpg

We arrived and checked in at Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa. My first impressions were: Nice but kind of theme-less and bland. I am not a pastel fan so all the colors of the resort did nothing for me. But I did like the themeing of the horses, racetracks, and the artists that Saratoga was known for around 1890. And of course the first thing we do as we walk into the room is to turn on the TV so we can get our Stacy "Top 7" fix.

DisneyTrip08004.jpg

My friends went to the gym to get their workout in as I explored the resort and we met up for our Spa treatments. My friends were getting a Swedish massage and I signed up for a Gentleman's Facial. I have always wanted a spa treatment so I was excited to be pampered and experience my first spa treatment.

They led us to the men's locker room and told us to strip down to what we are comfortable with and to put on a robe, the provided slippers and then wait in the Spa Lounge. I was like "For a facial????" ok. whatever. Another TMI moment, I have thing about feet...ew... and I was appalled to put on these slippers that were horrible to walk in, let alone walk up and down stairs in. I waited in the lounge for a bit and then was called into my private room for my facial. I got to lay down and listen to the rain forest sounds and music. The skin expert was great except for one thing. She was too quiet as she wanted me to relax to the music but I wanted to know about the products and what she was doing. I am an information geek. She started off the facial with a quick discussion of my skin and shaving routine and what products I use and don't use. We talked about my "Zones" where I am oily and dry. The facial was 50 min long, relaxing, informative, and the best part was she cleaned out the black heads that I had (TMI again). My friends said that I looked about 5 years younger when I came out. She even told me what to use on the dark circles under my eyes and way I have them.
Of course the products that were for sale there were expensive, and I didn't get them as I still had a whole week in the parks to spend money on.

After our spa treatments we walked over to Downtown Disney and shopped and walked around and ate at Cooks of Dublin (as we decided to try the DDP for the first time this year to experience it). I had the Fish and Chips with the Doh Bar (deep friend snickers bar) for desert. We headed back to the resort for an early night so that we could be at the Magic Kingdom for the Opening Ceremony.

DisneyTrip08006.jpg

to be continued... Next Chapter the Magic Kingdom

Quiz time.....

Can anyone spot the hidden Mickey on the horse statue?

(There are actually 3, but only one shows up in the pic)

So Ken, you had a facial, then had a deep fried candy bar for desert? :rotfl2: Only at Disney!

Quiz time.....

Can anyone spot the hidden Mickey on the horse statue?

(There are actually 3, but only one shows up in the pic)

So Ken, you had a facial, then had a deep fried candy bar for desert? :rotfl2: Only at Disney!

I'm assuming that you don't mean the one on the DVC logo, is that right? That's the only Mickey I see.:confused3

Do you mean the one on the saddle (lower right corner)?

Going for the obvious-the one on the "blanket"..in between the mountain?

Magic Kingdom Day (Feb 11th)
Got up early, and got dressed with my mouse ears included and took Disney Transportation off to the Magic Kingdom. We basically took the bus so that we could be dropped off right at the gate and not have to fiddle with the TTC. Granted that meant no monorail on this trip, but oh well.

DisneyTrip08008.jpg

We got there about 15 minutes until the Opening Ceremony and since I have never seen it before it was fun to watch. I had a blast wearing my Mouse Ears all day. Usually we head to Adventureland first work our way around the Kingdom that way, but this time we headed to Tomorrowland first as I had never seen the Monsters Inc Laugh Floor and my friends wanted me to be "That Guy". And of course I had no clue what "That Guy" was. I liked the attraction alot. I ended up NOT being "That Guy", but was impressed at the level of tech and that the jokes didn't suck. We finished out Tomorrowland (even including Tomorrowland Speedway which I have never been on before) and had lunch at Cosmic Ray's.

DisneyTrip08015-1.jpg

DisneyTrip08037.jpg

Of course and old joke of ours was that I accidentally called the Astro Orbiter as the Astroglide Orbiter, so that we now have to ride it every trip and refer to it by that name.

Loved the refreshed Haunted Mansion. I was in awe. The ride was stopped by spirits when I was right infront of the bride so it was neat to see the new effect for a while before it started again.
Had a Dole Whip Float AND a Mickey Bar
Another thing that I have never done before that I got to experience this trip was riding the WDW Railroad all the way around the Kingdom.

DisneyTrip08049.jpg

DisneyTrip08050.jpg

The thing I was looking forward to the most was having dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table and getting to see the inside of the Castle. We got our photo with Cinderella done and I was joking with her that I use her Blueberry Lip balm, and how she was thrilled with it. We joked that I was wearing my Evil Queen shirt and how she might have to warn Snow White about me. I was given a sword as I was a Royal Guest and when annouced to the gathering that my table was ready and and I could regally climb the stairs to the feast....I tripped up the stairs. Then being so flustered, I tripped up them again. Gotta love being a klutz.

DisneyTrip08071-1.jpg

I loved the resturant, the decor was exactly what I expected the meal was good (except for the Roasted Pear desert which was my fault as I thought it was a hot desert instead of a cold). The show with the fairy godmother was great especially when the lights all dimmed and the tinkling light effect took over.

DisneyTrip08078.jpg

DisneyTrip08083.jpg

With ten minutes to spare we excited the resturant to watch Wishes. Our intent was to watch it from somewhere in near Fantasyland as we thought that would be our only exit from the resturant. But we were a bit surprised when the very Hellga-ish woman pointed us out the direction of the Forecourt Stage. With only minutes to go before Wishes we exited out the castle and there were thousands of people looking directly at ME. My first thought was "don't Trip" but then it was like a scene out of Evita and I had to resist raising my hands in the air to my people. Or expecting them to bow to me like in Mulan. But the energy level was incredible. I know they weren't waiting for me, but being a former stage actor I connected with that energy immediately and I was physically sweeped away by it and physcially stunned for a second or two.... and then my puckish side took over and I started to wave to my "subjects" as I came down the ramp. The CM that was manning the rope was laughing and even turned to my friends and said "If I didn't know better I would have guessed they served alcohol up at Cindy's." Since we really couldn't move past the masses of people gathered there to watch the fireworks we got a front row "seat" for the show. I figured it would have been a bad angle to see all the smaller fireworks but it turned out not to be too bad a spot.

Next Chapter... Disney's Hollywood Studios

And this is my apology to Conck. I meant to visit you at work, but I got swept away with my new boyfriend

DisneyTrip08028.jpg

I love it! I love it!
Was the food ok at Cindy's? How about the noise level?

PS..You're new boyfriend is soooooooooooooo cute!

I love it! I love it!
Was the food ok at Cindy's? How about the noise level?

PS..You're new boyfriend is soooooooooooooo cute!

The food was really good the butter for the preztel rolls were divine. It was a honey butter.

I had the BLT Salad, and the Grilled Pork Tenderloins with a port reduction sauce with this mushroom bacon stuff that was good

and the noise level wasn't bad. I was very surprised.

Is it the one on the Bridle?

DING DING DING! We have a winner! If you ever see this in person the other two are 1. On the Jockeys back and 2. In the blanket of roses, you kind of have to look for that one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter