Trip overview 6/5-6/11

Ladybugx87

Mouseketeer
We are a family of four (girls are 11 and 6) and this was our second time in Aulani.

we booked 1 bedroom ocean view villa and had room 1158. Amazing views and location.

we arrived around 1pm and our room was ready. We bought essentials fromShipt via Target app and had delivery that evening.

we enjoyed the character breakfast. The pancakes were amazing and our table had a view of Pluto and goofy each evening.

we loved the pool area. Tip - if you can’t find chairs ask a CM for help. The one time I couldn’t find any chairs they found some for us straight away. We never waited in line or held chairs before 8am.

we loved the shave ice and used Ulu cafe for snacks and pizza. Pricy but complemented my target order.

we booked sunsetphotos andhave great family photos from this trip. We also did many character meet and greets and also have good pics from
Those.

monkey pod was fine - they quoted 35 minute wait and it ended up being 50.

we can’t wait for our next trip.

What did you end up ordering from Target?

Does a villa have an actual kitchen set up? We are probably just goin to do a standard room as we aren't DVC members.

The villa does have a standard kitchen set up. We also aren’t DVC but got a great rate as we reserved early when Covid was still quite bad and travel wasn’t really happening. I liked having the freezer and microwave the most.
We ordered - cereal, milk, other drinks for the kids, ice cream, stuff to make pizza in the room, bananas, apples, and pretzels. I had also packed a bunch of granola bars and other snack type things and microwave popcorn bags.

A few more things I forgot:
- the Hui app was great for short term car needs since we didn’t have a rental. We used it to get our inter island Covid tests and also for my husband to get to a running trail he wanted to do.
- eggs n things was yummy

So glad to read this positive report from Aulani! We visited when it had just been built and still putting in the volcano pool. Living in Hawaii we are so excited to see Mickey and friends, and of course DVC, in the islands to make a vacation here available to more folks!! Aloha, Karen and Ron

Glad you had a great trip! We leave one month from today. Can you tell me what the character meet & greets were like? I wasn't aware those were even happening!

Glad you had a great trip! We leave one month from today. Can you tell me what the character meet & greets were like? I wasn't aware those were even happening!

for character meet and greets:
- on the app, it only tells you the time and location
- you need to call at 8am from the room to hear the recorded message of which characters will be out when
- the characters stand on a stage and you stand in front of the stage.
- you can do selfies or have photo pass pictures
- we saw Mickey, minnie, Donald, daisy, goofy, Pluto, stitch, angel, Duffy, shellie mae, and Olu Mel.
- Moana comes sometimes but won’t be announced. You have to ask the CMs. She didn’t come at all for my 6 night stay.

Thank you. Can you share how crowded the resort was?
For our trip it didn’t feel super crowded. The things where crowds were most noticeable were the lines for the slides. At most we waited 10 minutes at character greets or a few minutes for elevators.

A few more things I forgot:
- the Hui app was great for short term car needs since we didn’t have a rental. We used it to get our inter island Covid tests and also for my husband to get to a running trail he wanted to do.
So glad you liked the car share program - we plan to so that as well, seems pretty flexible and insurance/gas included!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter