Treasure Chest Quest???

April Trip

Earning My Ears
Has anyone done this dinner/show? Ticket mania has show prices for adults for 11, buy one/get one. Is it worth the $5.50 to go? Is it ok for 9 year olds?
Any help appreciated.
Thanks.
32 days and counting.

Here's my review from the forthcoming edition of "The Other Orlando":

Treasure Chest Quest
Amerihost Resort Maingate
7491 West US Highway 192, Kissimmee
(407) 396-6000, ext. 5059

Prices: Adults $22, children (9 and under) $17. For games only, adults $10, children $5.

Times: Tuesday and Friday 8:00 p.m.; buffet from 6:30 p.m.

Directions: Between Mile Markers 5 and 6, next to Knights Inn

Always wished you could be on Family Feud? Think you’re smart enough for Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? Well dream no more. Thanks to the enterprising people at Dreamland Productions, who also produce the slicker MurderWatch Mystery Theater (see above), you have an excellent chance of getting on one of the game shows crammed into this enjoyable two-hour entertainment.

This is not strictly speaking a dinner attraction since the buffet is optional and takes place a few steps away from the vest pocket theater in which the game show itself unfolds. Skipping the buffet makes this an extremely attractive entertainment buy for the Orlando area.

There are four game shows presented under the watchful eye and quick wit of Martin Winkendale and his beautiful assistant Mallory, keeper of the chest of the title. The shows are Name That Toon, The Matching Game, Family Food, and The Not-So-Newlywed Game, titles cleverly designed to signal their sources of inspiration while keeping lawyers at bay.

Contestants are drawn from the audience and my impression is that if you have a burning desire to participate letting the staff know in advance will enhance your odds of being selected. The games are familiar, the banter lighthearted and often quite funny, and a great time is generally had by all. There are prizes, too, which are fairly modest until the grand finale when the stakes rise considerably.

The single contestant in the Treasure Chest Quest (who is drawn by lot) plays for $1,000 in cold hard cash in a game clearly patterned after Who Wants To Be A Millionaire? For added visual effect they actually produce the cash, a stack of what appear to be well-worn bank notes of small denominations. Get all ten questions correct and the money is yours.

This show has an appealing homegrown, handmade quality that I found quite endearing, and the performers and staff are clearly having a ball putting it on. As long as you don’t come expecting big-budget, TV-quality production values, you should have a very good time indeed. And you just might go home $1,000 richer.

Wow,Thanks!! I just put that info into my Disney Vacation Planner!!

Ticketmania.com has been having buy one get one for show only for this. Your net cost is $5.50 per adult which is about the cheapest thing you can do in Orlando.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter