traveling with multiples!!

Quote from Pea n me "Each set of twins and family situation needs to be looked at individually and decisions made on a case by case basis."

I TOTALLY agree with you Pea n me. Take your cues from your kids! Some do better together, some better separated. But do what is best for your kids and your family!

Quote from Pea n me "Each set of twins and family situation needs to be looked at individually and decisions made on a case by case basis."

I TOTALLY agree with you Pea n me. Take your cues from your kids! Some do better together, some better separated. But do what is best for your kids and your family!

I totally agree with that.. Well said.

What,, does everyone have planned for the long weekend????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to say HI! I just stumbled upon this thread. We are planning our second WDW family trip in Dec. My oldest DS will be turning 6 and my b/g twins will be turning 3 in Feb. I have not had a chance to read thru the whole thread yet. I will, maybe the twins turn 14 :rotfl2:

Our twins will be three in February and we are going this December, too. I am currently getting our ADR list together.

What,, does everyone have planned for the long weekend????!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Baseball, more baseball, a graduation, a birthday party, then work on Monday.

At least the weather's supposed to be good.

Enjoy, everyone!

We're going to a family camp at the beach. "Deluxe" camping -- that's the only kind I can tolerate -- cabins with showers and microwaves! Meals served in the dining hall, so no cooking or cleaning up. We go with several families from the neighborhood, so the girls have lots of pals to run around with. It's nice when your twins get older and independent, but it's also sort of lonely. No one needs you anymore, except when they want money or a ride somewhere!

We are celebrating my daughter-in-laws both graduating with their degrees from Nursing school. We are also celebrating our 29th anniversary, our DBIL and DSIL 24th anniversary and our DD and DSIL 1st anniversary. AND we get to roof DD & DSIL's house. (I won't be roofing...I will be cooking and smoking for the crew that will be roofing)! Sounds like a "food" weekend which won't be good for my weigh in next week! :eek:

Name: Rachel
Screen name: ariel53098
Twins: 2 girls born 8-28-07, one son born 11-9-01
In the planning stages but thinking about WDW when DH returns from Iraq in Spring 2010
Place I call Home: Whereever the Army sends us! Move #6 in 6 years will happen in less than 2 months!!!

screen name: Herdohuds

Quadruplets-3 boys 1 girl born 11-3-04

We will be in WDW December 08

Home: Southern Illinois around the corner from my parents and the town I grew up in. Taught and had kids in Central Illinois but DH changed jobs when the kidlets were about 18 mos.

Howdy!:wave2:

screen name: Justwinnie
name: Winnie
Twin Boys born 4/17/08 (5 weeks old today!)
1 Daughter-- 7/19/03

Home: Central NJ (Middlesex county)
Next Trip: 10/5/- 10/10/08-- AKV!!!

We are celebrating my daughter-in-laws both graduating with their degrees from Nursing school. We are also celebrating our 29th anniversary, our DBIL and DSIL 24th anniversary and our DD and DSIL 1st anniversary. AND we get to roof DD & DSIL's house. (I won't be roofing...I will be cooking and smoking for the crew that will be roofing)! Sounds like a "food" weekend which won't be good for my weigh in next week! :eek:

That's a lot to celebrate!

Welcome, Welcome, Welcome to all of the new multiple families. Such fun you must all be having (when you get any sleep)! I honestly wish I could step back in time and re-live all of the moments with my kids as babies and toddlers (well....ok MOST of the times)! :lovestruc Enjoy all of the hugs and kisses!

Hi everyone!:wave:

I'm happy to see this thread getting busy again -- abd everyone has that "summer is coming" feeling...

I know there are a lot of families here who have cruised on DCL and I've gotten a lot of good 1st time cruiser advice here :) . So now I'm looking for a little advice about hotels around Port Canaveral. We'll be taking our first cruise in 4 weeks :yay: and we'll be driving down the day before and staying one night near the port. But I just cannot decide where to stay. I've read Shirley's thread and she lists a few hotels but there doesn't really seem to be one that she says is better than the others. I've been checking online for days and it seems that there is availability at pretty much all the Cape Canaveral hotels - not as much for Cocoa Beach but since we live 6 blocks from the beach in NJ, being near the beach in FL for that one night isn't really important. In fact, I'd rather be closer to the port - maybe even somewhere that we could see the ships? I am leaning toward the Radisson because to pics online of the pool look really nice - all the other pools look like typical motel pools - and I think if it's nice we'll just spend that day lounging around the pool and relaxing after our drive. But I think it's older than the others and maybe Country Inns would be better. But I wonder what we can do if it's raining that day - are there plenty of sights to see close by? Do those hotels have arcades? I guess we've been spoiled by Disney and are used to Disney resorts - and in all the WDW resorts I've stayed in I've never been disappointed. I really want to start this trip off right - I'd hate to arrive only to find that I'm disappointed with the hotel I've chosen. Please help me choose!!:confused3

screen name: Herdohuds

Quadruplets-3 boys 1 girl born 11-3-04

We will be in WDW December 08

Home: Southern Illinois around the corner from my parents and the town I grew up in. Taught and had kids in Central Illinois but DH changed jobs when the kidlets were about 18 mos.

Howdy!:wave2:

Howdy to you, too! I've got the opposite quads - 3 girls 1 boy - just turned 11. We did WDW this past Dec - it was beautiful!!

Ellen, did you check out RonJons? They have a mini water park, but are a bit pricey. We've stayed at the Raddison at the Port. Rooms were "dank" to me, but the pool is very nice. Comfort Inn Cocoa Beach is inexpensive and has a pier across the street you can walk to and also water sports, etc. Those are the three I'm familiar with. HTH. Have a wonderful cruise!

I am leaning toward the Radisson because to pics online of the pool look really nice - all the other pools look like typical motel pools - and I think if it's nice we'll just spend that day lounging around the pool and relaxing after our drive. But I think it's older than the others and maybe Country Inns would be better. But I wonder what we can do if it's raining that day - are there plenty of sights to see close by? Do those hotels have arcades? I guess we've been spoiled by Disney and are used to Disney resorts - and in all the WDW resorts I've stayed in I've never been disappointed. I really want to start this trip off right - I'd hate to arrive only to find that I'm disappointed with the hotel I've chosen. Please help me choose!!:confused3

We stayed at the Radisson for 3 nights before our RCCL cruise last Christmas. It was a lovely hotel and we were very happy there. The pool was awesome, and definitely the feature that distinguishes it from the other properties. The Residence Inn (I think that's the right name) and the Country Inn & Suites are just as close to the port, but they are more "standard issue" hotels as opposed to the Radisson which feels like a tropical resort.

That being said - there was no arcade that I am aware of. There's really not much to do in the immediate area, although there was a mini golf place within walking distance. Will you have a car? A car is a definite bonus for getting to restaurants and activities. We thought it was fun to drive to Cocoa Beach and go to Ron Jon's -- which is open 24 hours. My kids thought it was a hoot to go there after dinner one night. We're from Virginia Beach, so the beach doesn't impress us much ... it's an every day thing that we live with. But a mega surf shop with rack and racks of cool clothes and tacky souveniers ... well, we had fun looking around!

If you're looking to start your vacation with a tropical feel, and are happy lounging around the pool, then the Radisson is a good choice. Otherwise, the others are equally convenient, and certainly nice, new properties.

Thanks for the quick replies - I checked out the RonJon website - it does look great but i think it's more than we need for just one night. I think the Radisson sounds like what I'm looking for - but I'm trying to plan for all weather scenarios and was hoping for a hotel with something the kids could do if we had to stay inside. Honestly, if DH mentions hurricane season one more time....:headache: I guess I'll just keep praying for sun :sunny:

Welcome to all of the new families. I've updated your information onto the first page.

Sounds, like everyone has a buy weekend planned. We have a Birthday party on Sunday but other than that we are working in the yard and opening the pool.

We are thinking about adding onto our DVC contract just not sure if we are at the poin where we have enough points. I know you can never have enough points. Anyone who owns DVC how many points do you have and do you think you'll add on in the future?? DH and I are on the fence about it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hi! I am the mom of 2 year old fraternal boys! We are taking them for a day at MK in Jan or Feb 2009 and then spending some time doing things around WDW (boat rides, monorail rides, Fort Wilderness, etc.) We'll go back when they are a bit older.

We travel quite a bit with the boys. They just made their 7th airplane ride last month - that is what happens with the grandparents all live out of state! We are taking them to Dutch Wonderland this summer in PA (about 90 minutes from our house) to see how they do at an amusement park. While traveling with them can be an adventure, it is definitely getting easier (I think traveling when they were 1-2 years was the hardest - they weren't "into" anything (ie. planes, boats, rides, etc - they were happiest destroying the hotel rooms!), they wanted to walk but were very slow and unsteady walkers, and altering their nap schedule was painful for us all! Now they can walk along beside us (although with a harness is croweded places - they are still runners), and ADORE any moving object! Plus, a shorter nap doesn't cause the end of the world.

Alison

I thought my info was on here from previous trips, but I guess I never posted it.

Name: Pam
Screen name: PPFQP
Twins: 2 girls born 4-07-95, they are teenagers now!
Cruised Disney Magic in 2005, doing another one in 2009, WDW trips 2000, 2001 and 2006
Place I call Home: Virginia Beach
occupation: SAHM, writer (my website is multiples.about.com, plus some books, although I'm not working on anything right now)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter