Travel bag recommendations, please

Maddie2

DIS Veteran
Do you have an "under the seat" durable tote bag that just love? Would appreciate your recommendations!

I am in need of a new travel bag to use while flying. The Foldie bag keeps popping up on my social media, but I've read the reviews and don't think this is the right one for me. Would love to find something that will last for years - for flying and occasional weekend use. Basic black would be fine as it would get used for both Disney and non-Disney trips, and of course, since this is the Budget Board, would love to find something for a great price! I'm thinking this is the time of year to find coupon codes, right?

TIA!

Are you set on a tote type bag?
I just got at coowoz large travel backpack for a trip, and I really like it.
https://www.amazon.com/Backpack-Wat...qid=1698434604&sprefix=coolwoz,aps,140&sr=8-3
I don't like tote bags, because it's too much weight on one side.

It zips open so you can pack it flat and has a bunch of outside pockets.
The only thing I don't like about it is the water bottle sleeve is very narrow and it only has one.

Try looking at LUG. The Puddle Jumpers are popular. I have 2 and I like that it has wheels and the organization features. They also have a lot of totes.

Another vote for LUG. They have a wide variety of styles and colors, I'd be hesitant to recommend a specific one. I do love my Puddle Jumper--lots of space, TONS of organization, and a north-south design (more vertical, versus east-west, which is more horizontal). Both my DD's and I also have LUG cross-body bags--I like a small crossbody, but again, they have a wide selection.

Several designs have things like a trolley sleeve (for putting the bag over the handle of a rolling suitcase). Although designs and bright colors are popular, there are many solid color choices as well (I try to get something my DH could carry, as well, but that' me).

DH even uses a smaller LUG duffel as his gym bag--he likes that it has a separate compartment (with mesh on the outside) for smelly or damp things.

Just going to echo what many have said. From someone who travels a fair amount, I wouldn't choose a tote, they get heavy and cumbersome.

I use a backpack, it just easier for me, plus it fits under the seat. I have a "Travel On Locking Backpack" I love it.

I bought a like a locking hook, carabiner thing... so that I can attache it to my roll on if I need to, like in the restroom so many times there is not a hook in the stall.

I have had this one for almost ten years and have ditched most luggage for it! I even got DH one a few years ago as well. I don’t remember the last time we checked a bag and only use these when we travel. We even did 9 days on a cruise with just this bag under the seat!

https://www.ebags.com/backpacks/travel/mother-lode-jr-travel-backpack/1177694519.html
Yikes! 9 days and only an under seat bag? I would end up having a nervous breakdown. Ha. That would only fit medicines and incidentals! I bring a bag in the car to go to the Jewel (grocery store)! lol

I must say, however, it's a lovely color.

Another vote for LUG. They have a wide variety of styles and colors, I'd be hesitant to recommend a specific one. I do love my Puddle Jumper--lots of space, TONS of organization, and a north-south design (more vertical, versus east-west, which is more horizontal). Both my DD's and I also have LUG cross-body bags--I like a small crossbody, but again, they have a wide selection.

Several designs have things like a trolley sleeve (for putting the bag over the handle of a rolling suitcase). Although designs and bright colors are popular, there are many solid color choices as well (I try to get something my DH could carry, as well, but that' me).

DH even uses a smaller LUG duffel as his gym bag--he likes that it has a separate compartment (with mesh on the outside) for smelly or damp things.
Another vote for Lug! I love they now have an official partnership with Disney. Looking forward to new designs and prints. They hold up well, have great organization, and are lightweight.

I use a Travelpro Maxlite 5 Soft Tote (not really a tote lol) which is about $85. The side pocket is large enough hold my metal 16oz water bottle. Luggage strap is essential! I fly Delta and it's the perfect size to maximize the underseat space. Since it's fairly rigid it also stops me from overpacking and does a good job at preventing things from getting squashed. Multiple pocket options are handy for small items, especially love the outside big pocket for shoving in phone/passport/ID before going through the metal detector at TSA. Might be too big for budget airlines but it's the perfect size for Delta at least.

401170306_front-1500x1500-f3a2c67_1024x1024@2x.jpg

401170306_back-1500x1500-f3a2c67_1024x1024@2x.jpg

Yikes! 9 days and only an under seat bag? I would end up having a nervous breakdown. Ha. That would only fit medicines and incidentals! I bring a bag in the car to go to the Jewel (grocery store)! lol

I must say, however, it's a lovely color.
Haha! I pack light for vacation. I tend to bring more bags to Jewel as well!

I found a super cute little backpack style that will fit under the seat as my 'personal item' for those discount airlines..... Found it on Temu (not the app, the website) paid about $12 for it.... it looks like a little rectangle suitcase, with backpack straps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter