Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

I'm looking for same. 5 of us going from Port Orleans Riverside one-way to RPR. Mears quote is $42 plus tip which would put us around the $50 that I expected. Called Hertz (and looked online) and could not a pick up spot near our hotel (or another Disney resort for that matter). Will check into the Dolphin to Sheraton idea, but I'm guessing it won't be less than Mears and more trouble (though would be able to make a store stop).

Update: I'm getting a quote online from Alamo of $63.88 for compact to go from Dolphin to Sheraton (then walk to RPR), so not really worth the trouble for us. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

I'm looking for same. 5 of us going from Port Orleans Riverside one-way to RPR. Mears quote is $42 plus tip which would put us around the $50 that I expected. Called Hertz (and looked online) and could not a pick up spot near our hotel (or another Disney resort for that matter). Will check into the Dolphin to Sheraton idea, but I'm guessing it won't be less than Mears and more trouble (though would be able to make a store stop).

Update: I'm getting a quote online from Alamo of $63.88 for compact to go from Dolphin to Sheraton (then walk to RPR), so not really worth the trouble for us. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Here are the Hertz Disney locations (just put Disney in where it says enter location):

https://www.hertz.com/rentacar/loca..._target=reservationOnHomepage.jsp&locType=pUp

Thanks, Damo. I had actually seen those, but am not familiar with the area so didn't recognize them.. ie, shades of green? In any case, I wrote an email to Ed Korgan who's been recommended on this site and he said he could take care of us from Disney to Universal, and then the return to the airport. :thumbsup2 (same or slightly lower than with Mears)

So sounds like iluvepcot definitely needs a rental to do other touring, but others can keep Ed Korgan in mind for more than just airport transfers. http://taxi-mco.com/Drivers/Edward A. Korgan Jr.htm

Thank you for the informative thread and the replies.

About a decade ago, I took Mears from the airport to WDW.

I haven't been to Universal in almost two decades, or at least before the Terminator attraction was built.

I use a mobility scooter now, and I would be interested in any experiences using Mears with a mobility scooter for a round trip from WDW to Universal.

I think that I read $18.00 was the regular price. I don't recall the round trip price.

I wonder if they can easily transport me with a mobility scooter and if it costs a lot more than $18.00.

Does anyone know how long the mears shuttle takes to get back to Disney?
If we leave US at 6pm we should expect to be back in Disney approx?

Ok, I'm just going to ask this. If its been answered anywhere, maybe someone could direct me. We will be driving to IOA from All Star Music. What is the best route to take? I know I don't want to take I-4, because of traffic. But I need directions. I tried MapQuest, but that takes you on I-4, so...need help, please. :flower3:
If you want to avoid I-4....take this route from DTD: http://mapq.st/h/8-Zaha

I'm going to Disney in March 2011 & my travel agent said starting this year Universal picks you up from your hotel and it was included in my Universal ticket price. Does anyone know about this? My total ticket price was $150 which included transportation and $27 for express pass..thanks!

Is the dreamsunlimitedtravel.com site a realiable site? It says $121 w/ transportation & tax. Has anyone ever used this site? It says I have to pick the tickets up at Will Call Kiosk. How does the transportation work?

I have booked 3 prior trips to Disney thru dreams unlimited and am booking next years trip with them as well... so I can tell you that they are reliable... However, I haven't done the ticket and transfer to universal yet.... hoping to do this next year.... so I need the same answers about that.

Thanks makes me feel more comfortable ordering with them.

Is the dreamsunlimitedtravel.com site a realiable site? It says $121 w/ transportation & tax. Has anyone ever used this site? It says I have to pick the tickets up at Will Call Kiosk. How does the transportation work?

I just booked this feature for transportation to/from US & Disney. Wondering if anyone has before. How did it work for you??? Would you do it again? :confused3

I just booked this feature for transportation to/from US & Disney. Wondering if anyone has before. How did it work for you??? Would you do it again? :confused3

I didn't book it yet, I was looking around to see if I could find it cheaper from any other site. I was kind of confused by the "electronic pick-up" I was kind of worried that it wouldn't work and I wouldn't have a ticket or something. Also, it said the transfer is unavailable from 10am-3pm. Not sure if I'm going to buy from here but I may. Have you had any trouble so far?

What time do the Mears shuttles pick you up? I am thinking if we did Se World I would not want to go super early do the pick up around 11AM or is that too late? And do they pick you up right at your resort?

What time do the Mears shuttles pick you up? I am thinking if we did Se World I would not want to go super early do the pick up around 11AM or is that too late? And do they pick you up right at your resort?
You arrange for the pick up time whenever you want, and yes, they pick you up at the resort.

We are looking into doing the 1day tickets to Universal w/transfer offer on our trip next year. I don't know about Sea World, but I don't see why they wouldn't pick you up at your resort since they do it for those going to other places.

I do see that there is a disclaimer on the offer that we plan to use that says the shuttle service is "available 24-hours a day except between the hours of 10:00am and 3:00pm. Pick-up time will be determined by calling Mears Transportation at least 24-hours in advance to arrange your pick-up time from the hotel" But this is for Universal... don't know if it would apply to your situation or not.

I tried to search for you... on mouse savers it says there is a lynx bus that can also take you to Sea World with pickups at the ticket and transportation center and downtown disney for less than $2 each way.

I'm trying to decide between the Dreams Unlimited Package and a taxi. Any advice? (We have 2 adults and 2 children if that makes a difference.) :confused3

If you look at the cost of the Dreams package and the cost of just tickets. They are the same. So if you go with the Dreams package you have free transportation, while if you want more freedom of time, you can go for the taxi.. it will just cost you more.

OK there are still things I dont get :confused3

If I want to book Mears Transportation Shuttle. From POFQ to Universal, I have to call them 24 hours before... but

-Do they drive whenever we want?
-Do they come to our hotel?
-Are the 18$ for one way or for returning, too?
-When do i have to say them the time of returning to Disney?

Thanks a lot:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter