Transportation Options from Disney to Universal/IOA

You can take shuttle from any WDW resorts. It is faster than the bus (not the Disney bus). Call Mears shuttle to schedule your pick up and return time. I think it is around $20 per person round trip.

Just a quick question. Does anyone know if Mears also offers one way shuttle trips? Just wondering cause while my hotel does offer transportation to Universal, they only offer one return time in the afternoon. I (as in I will be travelling alone) would like to have dinner at City Walk though which would be impossible with my hotel's shuttle schedule. I also can't justify paying for a cab as the quote Mears gave me online is $35 one way - which wouldn't be an issue if I wasn't travelling alone cause then we could split.

Just a quick question. Does anyone know if Mears also offers one way shuttle trips? Just wondering cause while my hotel does offer transportation to Universal, they only offer one return time in the afternoon. I (as in I will be travelling alone) would like to have dinner at City Walk though which would be impossible with my hotel's shuttle schedule. I also can't justify paying for a cab as the quote Mears gave me online is $35 one way - which wouldn't be an issue if I wasn't travelling alone cause then we could split.

They do one way or round trip. The price depends on the zone though. I don't really know all of the different zones. You can check the website.

We are visiting in October and arrive by rental car. However, I will stay for HHN in the evening and my friend needs a one-way trip back to Bay Lake Tower at WDW.

As he cannot walk long distances, for the parks he uses a small foldable ECV. Do taxis (or also Mears shuttles) transport ECVs?

According to the fare calculator, a taxi would be about $42, how about the Mears shuttle?

I heard back from Mears. What they said was that I need to buy a RT ticket ($19) and only use the return trip on it. They don't sell one way tickets. When I asked if I could spread the RT out over several days, they told me it has to be the same day. So basically, you buy a RT ticket and just use one portion of it.

They also said I need to call a couple hours beforehand to schedule the shuttle. Since I'm not from the US, I have no phone, hence no option to call when in the park. When I asked whether I could schedule the return in the morning or the night before (since they do have fixed times, always 15 mins after the hour until 3am), they said no, I will need to do it on the day I need the shuttle after noon. I explained that I have no phone and finding a pay phone at Universal probably will be a hard task but the lady wouldn't budge. I have to do it on the day I want to use and a couple hours before I want to use it.

Seriously, I have never seen a company so unflexible in my whole life. I was trying to give their shuttle from the airport a go this year (I usually take Super Shuttle as I always take them, no matter which city). However, I am gonna rethink that now.

Has anyone used Dreams Unlimited Travel for round trips from Disney Hotel to Universal? It's the cheaper I've found and didn't see it in the first post of this thread!
Any tips?

EDIT: Nevermind. Just saw this page being recommended on the page 33, lol!

What would be the best option for getting from the airport to Hard Rock Resort then from Hard Rock to the Poly for a family of 5?

We don't really want to rent a car.

Thanks for your help!!

This will be our first trip without a rental car. It is also our first trip with 9 people. I called Mears, and pretty much our only option would be to get an exclusive van (up to 11 ppl), which would be $330 round-trip. Yikes. We have looked into renting a car for the day, but the biggest vehicle they offer is a 7-passenger minivan.

If anyone has successfully gotten from WDW to Universal with this many people, how did you do it?? Thanks!

This will be our first trip without a rental car. It is also our first trip with 9 people. I called Mears, and pretty much our only option would be to get an exclusive van (up to 11 ppl), which would be $330 round-trip. Yikes. We have looked into renting a car for the day, but the biggest vehicle they offer is a 7-passenger minivan.

If anyone has successfully gotten from WDW to Universal with this many people, how did you do it?? Thanks!

Do you all have to ride together? I would think even 2 smaller vehicles would be cheaper than the means price for a day!

Hmm, I hadn't thought about renting 2 vehicles. Looks like we could get 2 midsize cars for around $55/day. That would be cheaper than a taxi too (which could run us upwards of $180). Thanks.

Myself and a few friends are staying at the Hawthorne Suites Lake Buena Vista and we get the complimentary shuttle. The first one departs at 08:30 so does anyone know what sort of time it will get to the Disney Epcot which is where it drops everyone off.

What is the most cost-effective way to take a family of 5 to Universal for the day? I just priced Dreams Unlimited that included the transfer from our Disney resort and it is $721! :eek: That seems like a lot.

we booked 2 adults, 2 day, park to park tickets with transportation from our Disney hotel through Dreams Unlimited and it was $358.00 total. I think the 1 day passes aren't much cheaper than a 2 day so your total for 5 ppl is probably right in the ball park. 2 years ago we took a taxi to and from our I Drive hotel and it was $30 each way so this will be cheaper for us.

This is what we used last Jan when we went. It was fabulous!! And the tickets got us early entry too!

http://www.dreamsunlimitedtravel.com/universal/

They pick you up at your wdw resort, drop you off at universal then when you're almost done you call and tell them what time you'd like to be picked up. It was great and cost effective!

A member in our group just booked through Dreams Unlimited. Her e-voucher mentions picking her up at her WDW resort but then mentions something about "Zone 4". Is that something we need to be concerned about? I am assuming that our resort just happens to be in Zone 4 for Mears. Any idea?

Hi all! My husband and I are getting off a Disney cruise two weeks from today- we head to Coronado Springs resort and that afternoon/evening we will head to spend that day at universal. I'm just trying to budget a taxi fare.... Any idea out there about what that would be round trip? I'm from CA, and would have zero clue how far the parks are away.

Second question- we are mainly just going so I can get my HP fix! FINALLY! So all we wanna do is absorb as much of HP as possible and maybe squeeze in a few other things. Think we should be ok with only 6-7 hours in the park? Or should I suck it up and do VIP front of the line considering our time constraint? TIA!!!!!

I'm starting to panic with time management!

You can save money on transportation costs by purchasing your Universal ticket through this website (DreamsUnlimitedTravel). They include a free round-trip Mears shuttle pass per person which will pick you up and drop you off at your Disney Resort. A cab would take approximately 20-25 minutes and cost you about $ 40 each way with tip. If you are only going to Islands of Adventure and it is on a Mon-Thurs, then you don't need to spend the extra money on Express Pass. If you plan to hop to Universal Studios and/or are visiting Fri-Sun, then spring for the Express pass. Undercover Tourist has a free Universal crowd calendar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter