Transportation for 7 people

marlouwrig

Mouseketeer
I am having trouble finding a company to meet our transportation needs in May. I have seen recommendations for Affordable Town Cars and Lanskys but they have a limit of 6 people plus luggage.

We are from the UK flying in from Las Vegas with baggage. Need 3 way transfers - from LAX to Garland Hotel, then on to Grand Californian and finally back to LAX.

Would really appreciate any recommendations for any service that could accommodate the size of our party

I am having trouble finding a company to meet our transportation needs in May. I have seen recommendations for Affordable Town Cars and Lanskys but they have a limit of 6 people plus luggage.

We are from the UK flying in from Las Vegas with baggage. Need 3 way transfers - from LAX to Garland Hotel, then on to Grand Californian and finally back to LAX.

Would really appreciate any recommendations for any service that could accommodate the size of our party
We used Karmel Shuttle last Feb from Santa Barbara airport to Grand Californian. We were happy with the service and on our arrival we asked the driver if he would stop at a grocery store, he did accommodate as us. I know they provide service from LAX.

Agree with the above, Karmel Shuttle have vehicles that will accommodate your group. We have used them several times and found them very reliable.
Like Lansky’s they will also pick you up kerbside outside your terminal, no need to shuttle to the seperate LAX-it parking lot.

I’m kind of a fan of public transportation. It’s only $1.75 one way on LA Metro provided you tag on the fare card within 2 hours for the last portion, but also with pay as you go (“aka fare caps) for daily and weekly limits on LA Metro. The fare card itself costs $2 each. There are no child fares that I know of other than for local students obtaining child fare cards through schools.

I don’t know about luggage, but there’s plenty of room on light rail and the Red Line. There would be a bus involved getting to the Green Line light rail to the Red Line subway. The Garland is somewhat of a walk from the Universal/Studio City station but there’s also a bus.

Public transport would be a 2hr to 2.5hr transfer from LAX to The Garland and well over 3hrs from The Garland to the Grand Californian. Both those trips with multiple transfers dragging luggage around.
Sorry but you’d have to be a massive fan of Public Transport to undertake that verses an hour, maybe 90 mins in traffic, by car.

Public transport would be a 2hr to 2.5hr transfer from LAX to The Garland and well over 3hrs from The Garland to the Grand Californian. Both those trips with multiple transfers dragging luggage around.
Sorry but you’d have to be a massive fan of Public Transport to undertake that verses an hour, maybe 90 mins in traffic, by car.

I was getting a two hour estimate from Google Maps. But it's also about $12.50 for 7 passengers, plus the fare cards.

The problem is 7 people. It might require two groups for any kind of car service.

There are some airport bus services that might work, but not to Studio City.

I was getting a two hour estimate from Google Maps. But it's also about $12.50 for 7 passengers, plus the fare cards.

The problem is 7 people. It might require two groups for any kind of car service.

There are some airport bus services that might work, but not to Studio City.
If everything is timed perfectly it might be 2hrs from LAX to The Garland and Anaheim to LAX not including any waiting time. But it’s going to be 3hrs from the Garland to the Grand Californian, again, not including waiting time and everything is timed perfectly Other thing is there’s probably a rideshare or 2 thrown in there getting to and from stations and bus stops like between the Grand and ARTIC, The Garland and the train etc. so that probably adds 20 to 40 bucks each way (2 rideshares at $10 to $20 each).

I’ve driven that route (Universal to Anaheim) multiple times in under an hour, Anaheim to LAX in 50 mins during afternoon rush hour. Other times it’s taken 75 to 90 mins during morning rush hour. Then again I’ve started driving from LA to Santa Barbara in the middle of a weekday and it took me over 6hrs due to a massive accident.

So anything can happen but I don’t think Public Transport is the answer for this group. If they were staying downtown or in Santa Monica it may be an option but off an international flight and catching another, it’s too slow, cumbersome and unreliable.

Finally they won’t need 2 vehicles at all, Karmel Shuttle have Vans that will take up to 9 for about $200. There are several other shuttle companies that will as well but I find Karmel the most reliable and best value for the high standard of service they offer. Plus the drivers aren’t always bugging you for tips, a sure way for a driver to get a dollar from me and a tip not to drink paint.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter