Trading Elements: Boys vs Girls SEE POSTAL THREAD

Our kids have a week till half term (one week off) then they're back at school until about 20 July. So I need to be all up to date before then!

here's my stuff.
Boys:
DSC_0009-1.jpg

girls:
DSC_0003-1.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005-1.jpg

DSC_0007-1.jpg

Those are beautiful! I think I have to go back to the drawing board on my boy element now! I haven't been happy with it but seeing yours makes me :eek: .

Those are beautiful! I think I have to go back to the drawing board on my boy element now! I haven't been happy with it but seeing yours makes me :eek: .

sorry didn't mean to make you :eek: LOL
Like I said I scraplifted the whole thing! What element did you pick?

I have both a boy and a girl element. My girl element turned out really cute and sparkley, but a little smaller than I thought so I may add something else to it.

My boy element I made my first file folder and I'm just not happy with the way it turned out. I used patterned paper and lined it with a different pattern but I think I am just going to switch to cardstock.

Ok, Buffy those are awesome!!!!

Still giving me a complex but I'm determined to meet the standards!!!!

Have a great day!!!!
Off to work on this swap while the others mow the yard!!

Your file folder for the girls, B&MB, does it have more than one insert? It looks like there are multiple tabs?
What did you use to cut such a large file folder? My Sizzix is the same size as the grey ones you made me and your picture looks larger than those.

Are all the tags removable on the boys folder?

Glad I didn't start to make anything yet, I will need scour through my books and lift something really good.

Really cute, BAMB! I love them! I haven't even started these, but I have ideas. I just need a few minutes to play with my stuff. :)

Your file folder for the girls, B&MB, does it have more than one insert? It looks like there are multiple tabs?
What did you use to cut such a large file folder? My Sizzix is the same size as the grey ones you made me and your picture looks larger than those.

Are all the tags removable on the boys folder?

Glad I didn't start to make anything yet, I will need scour through my books and lift something really good.

For the girl I used the Jinger file folder as a template but didn't cut a tab. I used my trimmer to cut the cardstock and folded it in 1/2. I used the corner rounder on all 4 corners. Then I bought a tab punch. Yes it has 1 insert that I folded in 1/2 and rounded the corners and added a tab to each 1/2.

http://www.justjingeronline.com/imageserver/image.cfm?imageId=1502-3407&wid=398&qual=70

on the boy one, all the tags are removable and the white rectangles are for journaling, there are 4 pages. I traced that one too. If I had it to do over again I would cut it straight across and used the tab punch but I hadn't bought it at that point.
http://www.justjingeronline.com/imageserver/image.cfm?imageId=1502-3228&wid=398&qual=70

I think I might actually use these again in the future to make mini books for family and just add more pages. I'd like to find a smaller tab punch too.

I have all the paper- I just need to get through this week at school before I can work on these pieces. Sorry I have not posted sooner.
Thanks,
Shawna

I finished my girl library pockets.. my boys said they are cute..and I really like them... They are simple but devine... I think they are cute as a button!!! But maybe it's just me..

Now, off to work on the boy items!!! ;)

Hope end of school goes smoothly for you Shawna. We've missed you on all the threads!

I cannot wait to see what everyone else does now that Miss B&MB has raise our bar yet again. I know I'm feeling the pressure. :)

Sorry I'm just now cheking in. I've bought and designed. I so hope it turns out as cute as I think it will. I do need twine, but that's just a quick trip. I'll get put together tomorrow, I hope.

Everybody has checked in and Mazda's are on the way here.

Two more weeks and I get to see all the great work up close and personal. I will swap out as soon as I have them all.

I hope to have the boy items done tomorrow..but I'm not really thrilled with one of the elements.. may mean a run to town for some charms that work well with it... or I'll start over... Darn Buffy.. now I'm having a horrible time getting these boy items up to CODE!

ACK!! AWM I meant to post pics of the file folders opened and the tags pulled out and I just accidentally deleted the pics from my card. But the good news is they are postal. :thumbsup2

Well, my boy items are on the top of the list for tomorrow.. Buffy if I get stuck I'm calling you for support!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter