TR SSR 6/14 Lots of Photos of Grandstand

Your pictures captured the best of SSR and made me homesick too I have only had DVC for just under 2 years now and have stayed at all of the resorts, at least for a few nights, and I love SSR more and more as it develops.

Hello,

Happy Fathers Day to all... I finally figured out how to post pictures of our recent trip to SSR... I believe, like Starboxes photos, they really capture the beauty of the resort!! SSR is no longer the "red headed stepchild" of the DVC community;) I've posted them on the SSR appreciation thread.

KennyD

Thanks Starbox....
Those pics are awesome....

I didn't get over to the grandstand area last month....we stayed
in CP...It looks awesome though....

I agree with you SSR is sooo relaxing....
We only went to the parks 3 days out of 1 week....
We just relaxed....and still didn't make it over to grandstand:lmao:

I think that there won't be a DVC, that I don't like though:goodvibes
Kerri

wow! thanks for sharing.. SSR looks beautiful!

I"m sorta daydreaming about joining DVC and from what I understand SSR seems to be the "cheapest" home resort to buy in at right? But it seems like there are so many more amenities there .. I'm thinking because it used to be Disney Institute.. like the gym and the spa ... the only thing is when I was looking at a point chart, it looked like it took more points to stay at SSR than it did at AKV... just slightly more, but more none-the-less.

also, I currently live in upstate NY (ok, so it's syracuse, and it's not as fancy as SSR, but still!) so I'm wondering if I were to join DVC maybe I should go with something with different theming than upstate NY! Although, I do like the idea of being so close to downtown disney (I used to work there).

anyway... thanks for posting these! I hope to see your other photos and reviews as well! :banana:

wow! thanks for sharing.. SSR looks beautiful!

I"m sorta daydreaming about joining DVC and from what I understand SSR seems to be the "cheapest" home resort to buy in at right? But it seems like there are so many more amenities there .. I'm thinking because it used to be Disney Institute.. like the gym and the spa ... the only thing is when I was looking at a point chart, it looked like it took more points to stay at SSR than it did at AKV... just slightly more, but more none-the-less.

Well, it does and it doesn't cost more. AKV has multiple room booking categories, and standard view rooms are a bargain points-wise - but beware! I bought DVC after running the numbers and assuming I'd be happy staying in standard view rooms and found that I really, really tend to want to go for the ocean, or boardwalk, or savanna views for the extra points! This put me about 20 points short, so I just had to add-on a hundred! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I've personally stayed in studios at all the DVC properties except for BCV and the things that attract me to SSR are:
1. Downtown Disney
2. The size does seem to equate to amnenties that are on a different level - spa, golf, fitness center, the best CS restaurant at any DVC.
3. Quiet and it feels like a country retreat.
4. Elegant rooms that are more reminiscent of Four Seasons or the Ritz than of typical Disney resort rooms.
5. Convenient, direct bus transportation.
6. Larger studios with the new and comfortable beds/sofa beds/ large tvs and DVD players.

But really, if you look through my SSR pictures, you'll see one with a book sitting on top of the TV armoire. The title of that book is Persuasion by Jane Austen. Yup, I am a girl that brings Jane Austen to Disneyworld. :rotfl: :rotfl: So, it's pretty obvious why SSR makes me happy - I'd gladly wander the grounds in a dress and bonnet. :lmao: I am a hopeless romantic when it comes to the whole Regency through Victorian eras, and SSR is like a giant dollhouse. :cloud9:

That said, I think AKV is going to be really great. I'll stay there next month! The thing that sold us on AKV was the fact that there are seperate sleeping arrangements in the 1bedroom. With opposite-gender kids age 8 and 10, the time is rapidly approaching when they'll need individual beds.

Starbox,

Great photos, we were there at the Grandstand the last week of May and the first week of June.

Here are some of our balcony photos and of the resort.

72349DSC00010-med.JPG

72349DSC00021-med.JPG

72349DSC00022-med.JPG

72349DSC00029-med.JPG

Balcony view last week in May

72349DSC00011-med.JPG

Balcony view first week of June

72349DSC00013-med.JPG

I really like this one

72349DSC00015-med.JPG

Jim.

Thanks for sharing. All of these photos are making me homesick, but I love them! How am I ever going to wait until the end of 2009 to go back home?

We love both Congress Park and the Grandstands. For us, it depends on the ages of our traveling companions. With young kids I'd prefer the Grandstands. For young adults, Congress Park so they are close to DTD.

Thank you for the great review of SSR. I can't wait to finally stay there. Loved all the great pictures. :thumbsup2

Thank you sooo much for posting all of the pics!! I get homesick every time I look at my home away from home. The Grandstand was still under construction on our last trip to SSR (May 2006) but I knew then that it would be the section I'd be requesting on our next trip there. The golf course views cannot be beat IMO!! Thanks again! :goodvibes

Thanks for all the great pics and your glowing reports. We are staying at SSR (and AKV) in August.....59 days and counting. SSR is our home resort but we've haven't stayed there yet (added on at AKV). It's nice to see how many people absolutely love SSR......I'm sure we will, too! Any advice as to which building we should try to request? It will be myself, DH, DS9, DS8, DS2. Our boys love to take breaks by the pool. Which building is closest to the main pool? Thanks for any input!

Thanks for the pics!! I also love SSR and think the rooms are fabulous!! It is one of our home resorts and we can't wait to be back in Nov!! I loved all the pics of the grandstand area and hopefully we can stay in that section in Nov.

starbox
Please take pics of your AKL stay next month!! We would love to see them. We will be staying there in Nov and did an add on there and can't wait to see some pics of the rooms actually in the resort, not just the models!

Does the tide come in the studios or did you buy that?????

opps nvm i didnt read that in ur post b4!!

:rotfl2: I've got to quit reading these threads!!! I just called our guide and did a 50 point add-on. (considered AKV, but decided to stay with our home resort, SSR! :thumbsup2) I thought I was immune to "add-on itis" -- guess not!!! :laughing: What's really dangerous is how easy and quick it was!!! :rotfl:

Could see the treehouses? Did I somehow miss those in the photos? I've always wondered what they look like, treehouses at WDW sound so cool.

We played golf at Lake Buena Vista which runs through OKW and SSR and runs along some of the treehouses. They look interesting...not in great shape and I heard that students use them.

disneyfanUSA,

The walk to the main building, pool, and restaurants from grandstand was probably 5 minutes or less, not far (since we were at the building between the bus stop and the grandstand area pool). I walked it several times both ways. If you only want to walk it one way, hope on any park bus and ride to the Springs bus stop which is across from the main pool. Then just walk back, I did this several times as well while we were there.

Jim.

disneyfanUSA,

The walk to the main building, pool, and restaurants from grandstand was probably 5 minutes or less, not far (since we were at the building between the bus stop and the grandstand area pool). I walked it several times both ways. If you only want to walk it one way, hope on any park bus and ride to the Springs bus stop which is across from the main pool. Then just walk back, I did this several times as well while we were there.

Jim.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter