TR SSR 6/14 Lots of Photos of Grandstand

starbox

"There is more treasure in books than in all the p
We just got back from 6 nights at BWV/5 nights and VB and then surprised our kids by an "extra" night at Disney at SSR. We woke them up early to "drive home" and did not tell them that we were staying another night at WDW until we went thru the main Disney gate. They were SO shocked that they did not believe us.

After this trip, I will have stayed at all the DVC properties except BCV (which does not appeal to me). I can honestly say that SSR is my favorite WDW-area resort (although I am hoping to love AKV since we added on!). After staying in other resorts, the rooms at SSR are just SO nice and everything (light fixtures, countertops, carpet, electronics, bedding) is of such a high quality. SSR also has the largest studios outside of OKW - but IMHO the bed/sofa set-up gives you just as much or more usable space. I also love all the attention to small details throughout the resort, the architectural detailing and the landscape architecture. :love: :love:

We arrived at SSR at 9:30am, and I told the CM at check-in that I'd like to stay in the Grandstand if possible, and I did not mind not checking in until the evening. I was thrilled to not only have a room ready, but to be given my choice of numerous units. I picked a third floor unit facing the golf course and it was a fabulous view. The room was immaculate with extra mousekeeping touches - all the towels were folded and fanned out - AND, the studio came with a box of laundry detergent, which was a very nice surprise.

Even though Grandstand is the newest section, the landscaping was still pretty lush - they must have worked around some existing landscaping. I took lots of pictures. It is amazing how much the finished resort feels like a small town in NY and not like Orlando, Florida. It really is a an oasis.

We took advantage of the fact that SSR has awesome CS and avoided eating MK CS - so we enjoyed two breakfasts and one lunch at AP. We had the bacon/egg/cheese crossoints and kid's mickey waffles/bacon and fruit for breakfast and the artichoke and chicken flatbread/turkey brie panini with homemade chips/ and kids mini hotdogs for lunch. The kids both loved the artist easels on the tables, and DD8 was named "Artist of the Day". She was SO excited.

We actually visited SSR to view the AKV models, sign paperwork, and use the pool on one of our Boardwalk days. At SSR, there were lots of recreation activities by the pool ( a hula hoop contest and ice cream making) and although it was busy, there were plentiful pool chairs to be found. :thumbsup2

We also loved visiting DTD at night. I missed being so close in Congress Park, but I will request Grandstand again because it was just so, so pretty.

I have lots and lots of pictures, so enjoy.
AP:
img_0678.jpg

Bus Station:
img_0726.jpg

img_0714.jpg

Nice detailing on the roof:
img_0728.jpg

Two more nice things about the bus stop - there's a water fountain and a horseshoes playing field next to it.
img_0717.jpg

img_0727.jpg

Super-cool barbeque pavilion. The three in the first picture is planted so that the inside of the pavilion makes a sort of picture frame:
img_0704.jpg

img_0705.jpg

Spa Area:
img_0711.jpg

Guest Laundry faces the pool:
img_0712.jpg

Water Play Area:
img_0706.jpg

img_0708.jpg

Pool Bar:
img_0709.jpg

Pool:
img_0710.jpg

Gate:
img_0707.jpg

It sounds like you had a perfect vacation!!! Good for you!! I gotta tell DH about the horseshoes...we went over to use the ones at VB, he's got a "thing" for playing that game!

Bobbi:goodvibes

There's a reason Zagat rates the rooms the highest of any Disney property.

Before I get to the inside of the rooms, I just love the way they made the exterior resort windows frame the landscaping or other views:
img_0703.jpg

Room with a view. I seriously felt like I was transported to the country.
img_0701.jpg

img_0808.jpg

img_0686.jpg

img_0810.jpg

Foyer area design is a nice addition, it really opens up the entrance:
img_0691.jpg

Kitchenette
img_0692.jpg

Vanity
img_0693.jpg

img_0694.jpg

Detail of pretty vanity light/mirror
img_0820.jpg

Tide in the closet!
img_0695.jpg

Nice sized bathroom:
img_0696.jpg

img_0700.jpg

Big TV/DVD
img_0690.jpg

img_0688.jpg

img_0815.jpg

img_0817.jpg

The rooms at SSR remind me a lot of the Ritz Carlton. They are just so beautiful and detailed.

Great report... always love pictures. We haven't been to SSR yet, except to walk around a couple years ago. Might just have to try it. It does look lush!

It sounds like you had a perfect vacation!!! Good for you!! I gotta tell DH about the horseshoes...we went over to use the ones at VB, he's got a "thing" for playing that game!

Bobbi:goodvibes

It was the best vacation we've had so far. :goodvibes :goodvibes I'm going to reports about BWV and VB with pictures once I get them downloaded from DH's computer. I had camera issues the first part of the trip and so my pictures are not where they are supposed to be!

I loved the BWV too. The location was all that people claim it to be, and the BW view was amazing.

GREAT pictures!! :thumbsup2 We were there 2 weeks ago - our first trip Home! :woohoo: Stayed in a studio in Grandstand too. Absolutely LOVED it!!!

My pictures just don't have the same quality as your's. What kind of camera did you use, if you don't mind my asking. Thanks! :)

GREAT pictures!! :thumbsup2 We were there 2 weeks ago - our first trip Home! :woohoo: Stayed in a studio in Grandstand too. Absolutely LOVED it!!!

My pictures just don't have the same quality as your's. What kind of camera did you use, if you don't mind my asking. Thanks! :)

I absolutely love my camera. It's a Canon digital Elph Powershot SD600, and it's the size of a deck of playing cards.

I can't praise it enough. Literally, all I know how to do is zoom and turn the flash on or off and it still takes amazing pictures.

Excellent Report Starbox!!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I've told you before, but your eye for detail is AMAZING!! I love the picture frame windows in the stairwells!! That is one of my favorite parts:cloud9:

It is so nice to read of someone who enjoys the resorts as much as we do. We spend alot of time at SSR and it is just really gorgeous and transporting. I would go there if it were not in WDW and being in Disney makes it that much better:wizard:

Really enjoyed your photos. We check in next week for our family reunion and seeing your pictures, just assures me that we made the right choice in hosting it at SSR.

Since you could see the treehouses were you in the last Grandstand building to open?

If so was it quiet? It is somewhat placed facing Vacation Club Drive and I was concerned you might hear road noise in that building.

Thanks for the photos, they are lovely.

Since you could see the treehouses were you in the last Grandstand building to open?

If so was it quiet? It is somewhat placed facing Vacation Club Drive and I was concerned you might hear road noise in that building.

Thanks for the photos, they are lovely.

All I could hear in the morning was the sprinklers on the golf course and birds. :thumbsup2 There's a lot of landscaping surrounding the Grandstand buildings, and none of the units seemed to face any parking lot/road directly.

I'm sold on Grandstand; I don't think there's a bad room in the section.

Could see the treehouses? Did I somehow miss those in the photos? I've always wondered what they look like, treehouses at WDW sound so cool.

The pictures are great! We are staying at SSR in September in 1-bedrooms. We were lucky enough to get the upgrade with our Free Dining and I've been trying to learn as much as I can about SSR. These pictures contain a lot of things I had not seen before, now more than every I'm convinced we made the right choice! We've requested the Springs or the Grandstand section. I love that water play area... not only is the theming just perfect but it looks like a lot of just plain FUN! And I love having a water fountain at the bus stops. These are the details that I haven't seen mentioned anywhere else. Thanks so much, I hope you have more pictures to share!

Nice trip report Starbox! I agree with your assessment of SSR and the Grandstand area in particular... We just returned from our inaugural trip as DVC members and I must say that I really enjoyed the resort. We were located in the building closest to the pool area and thought it was wonderful! I took a bunch of photos as well but am unable to post them because I can't add attachments to my posts yet:mad:!! I'm not quite sure why this is (I'm obviously a newbie;) )but when I can, I intend to post a few pictures as well...

Ken

Starbox, I love your pictures. Your TRs have made me so excited about our vacation which begins next week with 3 nights at VB (me, DH and DGD). This will be our first time at VB and I know we're going to love it there. After VB we will be going to SSR for 9 nights where the rest of our family will be joining us. Thanks again for sharing your love of DVC. Marie

Thanks so much for sharing your report and your beautiful pics of ''home'':thumbsup2

Thank you for sharing such great photos!! We are also owners at SSR and I have personally stayed at all the other DVC properties. This is our absolute favorite and we won't stay any where else. There is not one thing about SSR that we have not loved!

glad you enjoyed your stay!!
Esmerelda :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter