TR - Shuttergirl does Castles, Kilts, Craic and Croissants - Photos up to Day 10

I wonder if she's been tied up and stuffed in the luggage hold by the other passengers on her tour yet just so they can get some attention :scared::scratchin:rolleyes1

Or maybe she's had too much Guinness and has lost her way and is wandering the moors singing old sea shanties?

Captured by Irish pixies and taken to Tir na n-Og, forever to dance .... actually no Scotland was next so captured then by a ceasg (mermaid) whilst she was trickily trying to catch one of them so she'd be granted 3 wishes-to spend a night in the Dream Suite or Cinderella's castle, to have a never ending, always valid, supply of FP and always be upgraded magically to first class.

maybe she's been snowed in? Unseasonal weather for this time of year...

It is getting ridiculous now. I just settled in with my lunch, ready to read. I need an update!

Hi everyone, I promise I am still alive. Having loads of fun, super busy, seeing so much gorgeousness and far too tired to write updates at night. So sorry.

We are in Ireland now, enjoying it but have to say Scotland has stolen my heart. What a fabulous amazing stunning place.

Off to the Guinness Factory today and tomorrow we head to Belfast for the Titanic Experience and for our private black taxi tour around all the IRA sites and info about the "troubles" in Northern Ireland. Really looking forward to it. Saturday we are off to Paris for the final leg of the holiday.

The holiday is going at the perfect pace but we are fitting lots into each day so will be buggered when we get home.

I promise to try and update soon.

Hi everyone, I promise I am still alive. Having loads of fun, super busy, seeing so much gorgeousness and far too tired to write updates at night. So sorry.

We are in Ireland now, enjoying it but have to say Scotland has stolen my heart. What a fabulous amazing stunning place.

Off to the Guinness Factory today and tomorrow we head to Belfast for the Titanic Experience and for our private black taxi tour around all the IRA sites and info about the "troubles" in Northern Ireland. Really looking forward to it. Saturday we are off to Paris for the final leg of the holiday.

The holiday is going at the perfect pace but we are fitting lots into each day so will be buggered when we get home.

Howdy stranger. Glad you are having a ball. Can't wait to hear about Scotland Keep enjoying yourself. We can wait. Ireland cannot.

No rush. Enjoy your holiday! :thumbsup2

Thanks for checking in. Sounds like you are having an awesome trip and totally understand being exhausted. Plenty of time to update your TR when you get home. Looking forward to seeing lots of your incredible photography.

So you will need a holiday from your holiday, huh? Good thinking :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Thanks for checking in :goodvibes Sounds like you're having a great time, keep enjoying yourself and leave the updates for when you get home :thumbsup2

I know I've been super slack in my TR but I just have to tell you quickly about the day I've had:-

We were supposed to be going on a bus tour to Belfast to see the Titanic Experience and during our 2 hour break I had organised for us to do a Black Taxi Tour of the troubled areas of Belfast and find out all about the religion, politics and IRA stuff.

We waited at the pick up point with lots of other tour companies coming and going but ours not arriving. I eventually rang feeling very frustrated only to be met with the guy telling me they had cancelled all of their tours to Belfast indefinitely a few months back because there had been quite a bit of unrest up there and they didn't feel it was safe to be taking tours in. Sigh, I was so annoyed and frustrated that I hadn't been notified. The guy seemed suitably horrified I hadn't been emailed as everyone else had and he said to wait where we were and he would look into it but that we wouldn't be going to Belfast today or any day with them but we could jump on another of their tours going elsewhere. One of his drivers was picking up in 20 mins from that spot for another tour.

DH cracked it, said tell him off, yadda yadda yadda, but I thought, what the hell is the point. I was thinking I could possible go back to the hotel and book us with another company the following day so just wanted to move on.

Well the man rang me back 5 minutes later as we were trudging back to the hotel (in the rain, first of the whole trip). He said for us to meet his driver and jump on that bus and he would pick us up on route and personally take us to Belfast in a mini van. That's all good but by then we were thinking, well should we be taking the kids to Belfast if they weren't running tours there anymore. He said he was ex Irish Military, had extensive knowledge of the area and that he would make sure we were safe. That the reason they had pulled out of tours there was that trouble was springing up unpredictably with protests and car jackings and blocked roads and things appearing out of nowhere and handling big tour bus crowds was too risky but he knew we would have a great time and keep us safe.

So we hoped he was right and jumped on the other bus, he met us where he said he would, and at first I thought the whole thing would be awkward but it wasn't. He was full of unbelievable stories and information and talked the whole way there. Showed us all around Belfast then took us on to the Titanic Experience which was one of the most fabulous interactive museum experiences we've ever had. On the tour with him we got to hear all about so much more of the IRA stuff and unrest than we could've ever hoped, we loved the peace walls and just everything about it.

He talked nonstop all day which normally would be annoying but it was all so fascinating. DD said it was her favourite day of Ireland full stop. I truly cannot rave enough. And for a company to turn what started out as a horrendous episode around into a magical day is a true testament to their honour and customer service I think.

So for the price of a big bus tour, we got a private tour for us 5 in a minivan and so much personal attention and information. It was overwhelmingly wonderful.

Thanks for the update. Glad to hear everything turned out well in the end. Maybe word reached them that you have such respect for tour guides!

Wow you're having great luck with private tours to normally inaccessible sights. There's some pixie dust for you right there pixiedust: and you haven't even gotten to Disneyland yet lol!

Look forward to reading all about it when you get home, continue to have a fantastic time:)

Glad you were able to experience Belfast and that you are having a great time-savour each moment! and looking forward to hearing the details when you get time back home!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter