Tower of Terror Element Swap - Interest?

TPCShauna

<font color=green> Most Cheerful Creativear<br><fo
There was supposed to be a Newbie Tower of Terror Page Kit swap starting on April 2 but there is currently no host.

I don't know the original host's concept behind doing a ToT page kit but I can't really figure out how it would work so was thinking that a ToT Element Swap might be better.

SO, how many newbies (or others in general) are interested in this swap? If there is enough interest, I will go ahead and host with sign-ups on April 2. If not, we'll just scrap it from the calendar.

What do y'all think?

Does it have to be a newbie swap? I think that was the original host's proposal but she no longer seems to post to this board.

I don't see any reason for it to be restricted to a Newbie swap. Honestly, I prefer to have it open to everyone.

I would be interested if we each only do 1 element. If we do more than that then I end up with too much stuff for a ride only I will go on.

Rebecca

I would be up for this swap if it's not a newbie only one. I love the ride! The theming is done so well on this one and carried through to the Nth degree! An element swap would be fine as long as we don't all do the same elements. Another option instead of a page kit is an element swap where we decide on certain colors (like 5 color / shade options to choose from)for the paper so the elements blend or match better.

I went through my DL and MGM stuff last night and found three sets of ToT elements. At this point, I just can't justify getting 6 to 8 more things.

See below for more questions.

Thanks for everyone's input!

How about running this one like the Pirate swap we had. There is a list of elements and you sign up to do one? Then there won't be five journal boxes (really how many times can you write about falling down?) and it'll be enough to do a very nice two page layout?

I'm willing to give my hand at hosting. I've hosted exchanges on other boards for stuff.

Send a PM to B&MB, she's our Swap Goddess.
I'm not volunteering because I have no pictures of the ride. And I did not go on it. I'm not into falling.

Send a PM to B&MB, she's our Swap Goddess.
I'm not volunteering because I have no pictures of the ride. And I did not go on it. I'm not into falling.

The first time I rode it, I thought I would hate it and had quite a bit of liquid courage to steel myself.

Well, all I can say is that I ride three or four times a day when I'm at DL or MGM. I LOVE this ride. I actually LIKE the falling part!

But I don't take lots of pics of it.

I guess I could do more pics of the lobby area the next time I ride. That would be cool.

OK, Ann. You convinced me.

Groups of 6
A color limit of gray, black and white
Making this an all Bazzill swap

What do y'all think?

I have yet to find Bazzill products in my local stores. Guess I'm ordering online somewhere.

I know JoAnns has it online, but I would think you could find it cheaper somewhere else. Lucky for me I have a Cord Camera Scrapbook Studio. The have almost every color Bazzill makes.

I have two Rag Shops, two Joanns and three Mike's and none carry it. I think they just want to annoy me at times :)

Hobby Lobby has some textured paper and they used to label the shelves as Bazzill with the color names. But now, they don't label anything.

I have yet to find Bazzill products in my local stores. Guess I'm ordering online somewhere.

I'm sorry Bazzill is hard for you to find. I just thought Bazzill might be best because the elements would look fairly similar and would work better on a 2-page layout.

All of my LSS sell it. If you find the colors you want, I can try to find it for you here and send it to you. It's 59 cents a sheet at my close one and then you would only have to pay for postage rather than expensive shipping.

I'm hoping that the new lss (they never last around here) may have some. I wonder if my stamping store may carry it... I'll do some hunting around. It would be so much easier if Mike's would just carry it! :)

OK, Ann. You convinced me.

Groups of 6
A color limit of gray, black and white
Making this an all Bazzill swap

What do y'all think?

Well, that's what I wanted to suggest, too. I prefer Bazzill and, instead of a page kit, this is the best way to go to make elements more consistant in color and texture. You can actually list more colors, and people can choose to use fewer, too. Then, the background paper that people use to post
their elements and photos to, can be a patterned paper, if they wish. Are you going to list specific Bazzill colors?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter