Totally Frustrated with wait times calling Disney!

Great - I never got my DME tickets for our Saturday arrival - I dont want to call and wait that long so I will probably just show up and let them figure it out then or take a rideshare.

Great - I never got my DME tickets for our Saturday arrival - I dont want to call and wait that long so I will probably just show up and let them figure it out then or take a rideshare.
They've not been sending things out for DME. If you requested it/gave info, great - just give them your info and/or use your MB. Otherwise, they can get you squared away but you're not missing any paperwork.

Dh who does not like Disney at all said “You know what it means that you are on hold this long right? Disney doesn’t give a **** about you.“
🤷‍♀️

I like your husband.

He has the best understanding of Disney (the company) of anyone replying right now.

It's sad what has come of a Walt's name. 10 years ago it was still iconic. Today, the name Disney is becoming synonomous with not giving a **** about a lot of people and things these days.

I like your husband.

He has the best understanding of Disney (the company) of anyone replying right now.

It's sad what has come of a Walt's name. 10 years ago it was still iconic. Today, the name Disney is becoming synonomous with not giving a **** about a lot of people and things these days.
I couldnt agree more. The only thing Disney cares about is what's in my wallet and how they can go about getting it in theirs. I do believe this applies to mostly just the parks. Cruises still seem to be maintaining the same quality.

I just called CRO (central reservations) at 9 p.m. (EST) There was a recording that wait time would be 1.5 hours; however, I was given the option to leave my number and have someone call me back. I agreed, thinking that at 9 p.m. nobody is going to call back tonight. Well, I'm pleased to say that someone DID call back at 10:10 and took care of all the changes to my reservations -and there were many changes! Everything I wanted was taken care of and duly noted by a very pleasant, cheerful and knowledgeable person. I just finished the call at 11 pm. :)

"Tragical Express" is noted in the MDE app so I'll just show that information if there is a question.

Agree with numerous posts here ~ DH and I were talking about it today and feel that although there are many, many complaints about things that have been changed, for the worse, recently ~ Disney may be hearing it, but they just don't seem to care. Unless, and until everyone (us included) stops paying more and more for less and less, nothing will change.

Agree with numerous posts here ~ DH and I were talking about it today and feel that although there are many, many complaints about things that have been changed, for the worse, recently ~ Disney may be hearing it, but they just don't seem to care. Unless, and until everyone (us included) stops paying more and more for less and less, nothing will change.
I totally agree with you on this. Disney is a big ship to turn, and the rudder is too small. Once people say enough is enough, and the varnish of Disney Magic has been worn so thin it's barely distinguishable anymore, it will take a lot more than dropping the ticket price and a couple of years to bring folks back. Once you tarnish a reputation it's very difficult to repair it. Folks always move on, but rarely back.

They truly don't care. It's not part of their agenda any longer. It's been deteriorating for over a decade if not longer. We stopped going and don't patronize other than movies. Great opportunity for Universal.

I'm piling on. I'm still waiting for my eGift Card for the refund on our DL MaxPass tickets. I'd like to use them for our trip to WDW coming in a few weeks. They said 6-8 weeks. It's been 12. When I call, I don't even get the option to be on hold. They say talk to someone through the app. Then I go through the app and they say they don't do refund by app chat, I have to call. Which I do and then it tells me to use the app chat. I'm fixin to sick a lawyer on these criminals.

Also, how did this post stay in the Theme Parks and Strategies? I mean, I don't care. I'm glad it's here where it should be. It just seems anytime I post something here, some moderator comes along and moves it into the black hole of some other side-subject where it gets limited views and nearly zero responses. Can't get the answers I need. Anyway, rant over.

I waited on hold for over 3 1/2 hours the other day. I also sent an email as I was on hold. I finally got a response to my email 15 days later! It was an urgent matter that needed taken care of that day. It's ridiculous! I was thinking of planning a trip next fall and based on fact that this seems to be the new norm I'm considering not going.

Called Friday promptly at 7 a.m. to change trip dates and add military discount. Got connected to a CM within minutes with no problems making resort reservation changes. Great! It went downhill from there when neither the CM nor I could change the ticket dates ourselves, so was transferred to ticketing. A recording came on stating my wait will be more than 15 minutes. Didn't sound too bad. 2 hrs. and 10 min. later finally get to speak to a CM. She was helpful, took time to answer questions about a few other issues, and had a great personality so I couldn't get mad at her, but it was an annoying waste of time to have to be on hold for hours for something that should be easily accomplished online if Disney's IT wasn't such a complete trainwreck.

As an update, it took 3 hours and 55 minutes to get someone from ticketing services. Having said that, she was able to easily add Genie+ to our convention tickets, when at least 5 CMs had tried previously without success.

I tried to call this morning to book a VIP tour. Wait time was "60 minutes" at around 8:30am CST. After about 47 minutes, a CM answered to say all VIP tours were booked for our mid December dates, and the wait lists were "too long already" so we could not be added to a wait list. Price for the tour was $625/hour, so the minimum was $4375/day for 7 hours. She quoted that all out to me when I asked for the pricing even though we were not able to book due to it being sold out. I would think they would have more CMs answering the phones in VIP services for people who are willing to shell out that kind of money to go to WDW for one day (doesn't include park tickets either, of course). We have done the VIP tour many times, but this experience was disappointing and stood out from all my prior experiences with VIP services. If WDW does not want to spend the money to hire CMs to answer phones timely in the VIP services department, I shudder to think how little they care to invest in hiring CMs to staff the regular ticketing and reservations phone lines. Everyone's experiences on this thread sadly support that notion.

Disney doesn’t offshore their call center at all, and they rely on 3rd party subcontractors. My theory is that when Covid hit, they didn’t have (and still don’t have) sufficient infrastructure to close ranks and just staff up.

ETA: Meant that Disney doesn’t have a dedicated, permanent call center partner with full time Disney reps like many big companies with a lot of customer facing call time

That said: why in the world are all the posted call center jobs part time?? Stupid

Edited: I don’t see any postings for US call center jobs

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter