Totally Frustrated with wait times calling Disney!

You do realize this isn’t presented as an option for most calls, right? Callbacks should be SOP for any company but at Disney it’s very sporadic.

I wouldn't have realized that, as it was also an option for me. If someone is given that option how would they know not everyone gets it?

I just got off the phone and my total call time was 30 minutes.

I was kinda annoyed that the hold prompts seemed broken? I kept having to press 2 to stay on the line, like continuously, and they spammed me with "we estimate your wait time is less than ten minutes"...for ten minutes.

But other than that lol

That is so weird. I was doing many calls about a month ago and many hours on hold. I never for the Press 2 or the Callback option. Press 2 might have made me go postal.

I wouldn't have realized that, as it was also an option for me. If someone is given that option how would they know not everyone gets it?
It’s been on this thread. Did you really think all of us are waiting on hold for hours for fun?

Called yesterday and the day before (I posted about the first day). Wait times were under 30 minutes for every call. I called once on 1/24 - wait time 12 minutes. Called three times yesterday to add a night, got disconnected once - wait times varied but all were under 30 minutes. I hope this continues to be a trend.

I’ve had to call three times to fix the same issue - I have one of those old non-expiring tickets that I haven’t used up because we usually park hop and I’ve had an AP for a few years. I always check to make sure the tickets are prioritized and invariably things revert and the non-expiring pass is used. Granted, I’ve been able to get the days restored, but it’s consumed about 7 hours of time for the three calls. On my next trip, I plan to ask if they can just put those days on a physical card and delete it from my account.

and invariably things revert and the non-expiring pass is used

And we all know that isn't on accident. Disney would love to churn through those non-expiring tickets. If someone wasn't watching closely, their non-expiring tickets would be used completely while the recently purchased ticket days would be unused and then expire. So, people would be double-paying for their park days.

I've found plenty of customer service fails by Disney lately, but today was a good day. We were able to register pretty painlessly for a new DAS (about an hour) compared to a horrible 8 hour plus mess in November.

A second call regarding deep clean Room Request was about 8 minutes on hold, and a charming, super competent Cast Member. Here's hoping Disney's former Customer Service standards are on their way back!

And we all know that isn't on accident. Disney would love to churn through those non-expiring tickets. If someone wasn't watching closely, their non-expiring tickets would be used completely while the recently purchased ticket days would be unused and then expire. So, people would be double-paying for their park days.

I had that exact thought. The first time this happened, the entire pass was wiped out before I noticed. They did restore it, but I’ve been pretty careful about checking whenever I take a trip. This last trip, we spent four days at universal first and I didn’t think to look until after we got home.

I was low-key blamed this last time, as I was told I bought a “new” ticket, which supposedly makes an older ticket the priority. So my “new” ticket is the AP that I renewed in November. I was at the parks in November, before the pass expired, and made sure everything was correctly prioritized. It didn’t occur to me that things would change in six weeks.

Been trying several times for the past month to pay off my May trip - which is a room only ressie! Always getting we are experiencing technical difficulties. On previous trips at least I would get the online system to work to be able to pay. Not this time! Finally gave in and sat on hold - 1 hour 4 minutes to pay my balance of $2501.49! I find this ridiculous! One shouldn't have to sit on hold for any length of time to pay this kind of $$$. Why they haven't figured out a way to pay a balance of a room only ressie these days is absurd! By the time you get a person, the last thing you want to do is to have a conversation with them! Come on Disney! You can do Better!

I've been trying to call for the past few weeks to reserve a cabana. We leave in 10 days and I haven't been able to get through without a 2 hour wait!

Who has time for that - really!

I'm sure the cabanas are gonna be sold out because I can't wait on hold. I don't understand why everything cannot be done on line!

I just got off the phone and my total call time was 30 minutes.

I was kinda annoyed that the hold prompts seemed broken? I kept having to press 2 to stay on the line, like continuously, and they spammed me with "we estimate your wait time is less than ten minutes"...for ten minutes.

But other than that lol
The last 3 times I've called Disney, I've experienced this. I registered on this forum just to note my frustration with this. I've been on hold 30 minutes and it finally started playing hold music after spending the first 30 minutes hitting "2" every 20 seconds. The solution shouldn't be for guests to cancel and re-book when they want to make a change, especially when it should be done online. In my case, I just want to apply the Disney+ discount.

I called on ... April 4th, I believe. It was to add another night to my reservation but I had a pin code and they needed to search availability to match. I was on hold for about 1.5 hours.
They were able to get it (yay) but not for the night before, so I'll have to stay offsite for that one.

Ever since MDE was created, it’s done this. I don’t know whether it makes me madder to think it’s on purpose or that Disney thinks it’s ok to just not fix their crappy glitchy systems!

I don't know about you guys, but I'm not a happy person if I've been waiting on hold for an excessive amount of time. I really really try very hard to not take it out on the person that answers. I think I've succeeded. But, that has to make their job harder. Even I, while I'm not rude or mean, I'm certainly not the happy cheery person I had been at the start of the hold time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter