Torsie's Enchanted Journey - Day Two

torsie24

Mummy to a perfect princess.
*Back to Day One*

Goofy woke us up at 6.15 and after a quick bath (which took ages to get nay hot water running for) we were at our 7am breakfast slot. It was very quiet and we were all eaten and ready to leave by 7.30.

Had a bit of a wait at the bag check gate, but before we knew it the gates were open and we were on our way in for EMH.

Although a few other people were at the bag check with us I have no clue where they went as we were the ONLY people on Main Street and in the castle for 5 or 10 minutes!!!!!

It was the most amazing thing I've ever experienced!!

n509625631_3488662_2909.jpg

We were the first people on Peter Pan, and then also walked straight onto:
Dumbo
The Carousel
and
Pinocchio

We took lots of photos around fantasyland with the carriage and outside the cute buildings and then headed for discoveryland.

We walked onto Buzz (which we LOVED - both level 3) and then went to SM which had a 5 minute queue. As our train pulled up on of the seats of our set was out of use so we had to wait the next train. I used the oppurtunity to ask if we could move to the front. Which I think it really worth it for 'blast off'!

I was a bit dubious as I'd heard the ride was quite headache inducing (and its been a while since I'd been on it) but it was great, and we both really loved it!

We popped into an empty constellations and I bought a couple of pins and did my first ever trading!! Which I was very proud with myself for!!

We headed over to the studios at 9.45am. Took the obligatory photo:

n509625631_3488671_5902.jpg

And then got into the ToT line. It was about 25 minutes until our turn, and I was absolutely terrified!! Jack spent most of the ride laughing at me (until we started falling that is) as every slight judder the lift made I was screaming my head off! I really think it's an amazing ride though, what awesome theming!

When we came off the heavens had opened, so we bought some ponchos!! And headed to RnR, I thought this was also a brilliant ride, and only had a 5 minute wait! jack found my face in the picture so amusing that we bought it.

n821450083_3449501_3732.jpg

We then headed to the Art of Disney Animation as it had no wait, which we both enjoyed and was a welcome sit down in the warm!

Then it was time for the lucky nugget!! There was a big line outside as the rain was driving people indoors, but we were soon seated (I think it would have been a different story had we not had reservations) and it wasn't long till Robin Hood came to say 'Hi'. Chip and Dale, and Pinocchio also made appearances but not near us. And we also met Pluto just before we left:

n509625631_3488673_6599.jpg

The food was average, but nice, and jack loved all the desserts. The band were also good, and we were seating round the central stage area on the high up stools, so had great views of everything. Jack says he would go back, but I'd have liked better character interaction, and he agrees that if we had kids with us he would have been disappointed at the lack of choice for them.

We headed back to the hotel after lunch as I was very cold (all that July wind and rain!) and we let our food go down and wrapped up a bt and headed back to the park, Via the DLH store and the village to look at globes.

Just as we got in the character express was passing and I got to see my beloved Daisy, although sadly my Mickey Jumper was covering my t-shirt with her on. :(

n509625631_3488675_7317.jpg

We went in loads of the shops along Mainstreet and then explored Agrabah and Adventure Isle a bit as the queues were all very long.

After a refreshment break sitting on the floor in fantasyland (no space anywhere!!) we headed to Discoveryland and rode Star Tours (about 15 min wait) and then went back to Nautilus as we'd rushed through the day before as I was eager to get a good parade spot.

When we came out the rain was back! So we settled into a very empty Videopolis, and had a snack and watched some classic Disney Cartoons on the big screens...it was very surreal!

We then went to visit the dragon:

n509625631_3488676_7661.jpg

And headed to frontierland where we got a fastpass for BTM for later in the evening.

Phantom Manor once again had no wait so we headed over, and spotted a very mobbed Minnie Mouse near the Steamboat entrance. The sheriff of Nottingham was less in demand so Jack has his picture with him (I was a bit scared of him!)

n821450083_3449639_1702.jpg

As were were waiting out the front of PM for the doors to open, we noticed BTM had gotten stuck at the top of the highest peak bit, and a CM was talking to the riders. When we got off they were still up there, which made me a little dubious for our FP time later that night!!

It was then almost parade time, so we headed to Mainstreet and watched it from the entrance to the castle bridge (the bridge itself was roped off). I wouldn't recommend watching it here, as you get two differnt timings of the music which overlap, and lots of people walk past all throughout so you can't really enjoy it. Also, it rained rained rained, but as Jack's 6'4" he got some amazing photos of Beauty and the Beast when they made their stop there!

n509625631_3488677_7997.jpg

After the parade we thought we'd see how POTC was doing and it was completely empty!! We got our own boat!! So for anyone who likes it head there after the parade! it appears to stay quiet for quite a while aswell!!

Then it was BTM time! The FP line took about 10 minutes, and luckily we didn't break down!

n821450083_3449775_2801.jpg

We climbed about Fort Comstock and then Jack got a waffle and Ice Cream from the Gibson girls! We also walked onto IASW and Casey Jnr and spent some more time exploring fantasyland in the rain. The castle had a rainbow by it!!

n509625631_3488684_517.jpg

We then headed to the Winnie the Pooh stage and manage to get a pace in the front row of seats for fantillusion.

n821450083_3449673_6950.jpg

Where for the second time in a day Beauty and the Beast stopped right by us!!!

n821450083_3449674_7259.jpg

It was a great view but the only downside is you can't stay there for the fireworks as its too close. So we headed to one of the little paths in the Plaza gardens and watched the fireworks from there, they were a bit off centre as we were at quite an angle, but it was lovely to watch them together away from the crowds.

n509625631_3488687_1633.jpg

We then headed along the Discovery Arcade and were in bed by midnight ready for day 3!!!

*Onto Day 3*

Lovely Day!! Shame about the Lucky Nugget not being better on the character interaction front....

Bob xoxoxox

wow!!!!!!!!!!!! what a fab day!!!

im so jealous u saw daisy duck!!!!!!!!!! my ds1 is gutted we never saw her on our whole trip, and i have kinda promised she will be there for his birthday meal - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek how i will manage that one i dont know - but now i have hope that we might get her on one of the character express, otherwise ull find me begging at cuty hall if they can tell me where she is!!!

cant wait for ur day 3!!! and fab @ main street being empty!

wow!!!!!!!!!!!! what a fab day!!!

im so jealous u saw daisy duck!!!!!!!!!! my ds1 is gutted we never saw her on our whole trip, and i have kinda promised she will be there for his birthday meal - eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeek how i will manage that one i dont know - but now i have hope that we might get her on one of the character express, otherwise ull find me begging at cuty hall if they can tell me where she is!!!

Daisy is really hard to catch. We met her a few times in the park and twice at Cafe Mickey. She must be very busy :cutie:

Great report, gets me all excited!

We saw Daisy and Donald together by the entrance of the Studios back in Oct but I guess it's all down to luck.

Great TR, i am loving the photo of the castle and the rainbow... you sounded like it was a fab trip... looking forward to the next instalment! :thumbsup2

Another fab day...and congrats on the pin trading, you have guts im still trying to pluck up the courage to trade a few pins lol.

Another great day, it must have been wonderful to have main street just for you!!!

What a fantastic day and your photos of Beauty and the Beast are amazing! :goodvibes

Wow - I'm impressed 6.15 til midnight :worship:

A lovely day (pity about the rain) and some fab photos, thanks for sharing, look forward to day 3 and finding out whether you managed another 6.15 start. :goodvibes

excellent!!!! Your photos are superb!!! what camera have you got??

Daisy is out all the time in January:)

great pics, must of been surreal with main street so empty!

nice to hear your having a good time :woohoo:

Glad you had a good time!!:goodvibes

We're looking to book for Lucky Nugget - what type of food was avaliable? Bit worried now as DS and DD can be a bit picky!

Wow - I'm impressed 6.15 til midnight :worship:
A lovely day (pity about the rain) and some fab photos, thanks for sharing, look forward to day 3 and finding out whether you managed another 6.15 start. :goodvibes

I was going to say the same thing. I could do it but the people I go with wouldn't, I don't want to put up with them in a bad mood;)

Great pics, shame about the rain but kudos to you for continuing with your day:thumbsup2

Glad you had a good time!!:goodvibes

We're looking to book for Lucky Nugget - what type of food was avaliable? Bit worried now as DS and DD can be a bit picky!

Well, there was quite a nice chilli which I had with some tortilla chips and some cheese and tomato pizza. There was also disney shaped plain pasta which you could have with bolognaise. Chicken nuggets and chips as I said...and lots of tray of meats cooked in different weird sauces.....not really my cup of tea. I picked up a pork bqq rib but it was so fatty I couldn't eat it.

The desserts table was good though, and there was a sweetie table.

I seemed to miss the dessert table when i went.

I remember them seating me where you was probably sat, thought it was weird seeing as my 2 year old couldnt get off the seat properly and if she did try and get off it she would of got a sore head lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter