Torsie's Enchanted Journey - Day Four

torsie24

Mummy to a perfect princess.
*Back to Day 3*

Up again at 6.15am. Even Goofy didn't make it easy!!

We had breakfast at 7 and peeking in at reception it was dead so decided to check out straight away.

We put our bags in the check and headed for our final day!!

We got to the park about 8.05am and the bus was waiting, so we climbed aboard for a lovely ride down mainstreet! I've never been on any main street vehicles and it was really great!!

We headed straight to buzz:

n509625631_3488806_5281.jpg

Which sadly had no photos again. :( And then hopped onto Peter Pan and Pinnochio! We took millions more pictures in fantasyland at sme of our favourite spots. Jack's being Toad hall, as he loves spotting all the little toadies carved into the building! And mimicking his postures apparently!

n509625631_3488702_5075.jpg

And I got a photo of myself all alone at my favourite place!!

n509625631_3488705_6265.jpg

n509625631_3488706_6668.jpg

Then we headed over the WDS for opening as we still hadn't rode crush. We waited for the gates to open for about 15 minutes and then were let into the park, where a big line had formed to get into the crush queue (we were quite far back, inline with the art of animation entrance) finally the queue started moving and to my surprise it went down pretty fast.

As we got into the shack bit up the stairs inside however, all the lights came on, and after about 10 minutes we were told there was a problem and we sould wait to see what happens. Finally the ride got going again after about 25 minutes and we got on. To be honest I wasn't that impressed. And certainly wouldn;t wait a long time for the ride again. (we had got outside WDS for 9.30 and weren't off rush until about 11.20!

We then had a wander and waited for Cinemagique. Which was quite good, but neither of us would go out of our way to see it next time. (I wanted to see stitch but Jack wasn't fussed and we had reservations at:

CAFE MICKEY!!

This was my favourite part of the trip!!

We were booked for 1pm but I was impatient and Jack was hungry so we turned up at about 12.45 the desk was empty so we walked up and gave our names and our waitress came to seat us right away. We were being shown into the 'conservatory' bit when I saw Donald!! Not being able to contain myself I shouted out his name and he came running over and grabbed my hand and led my to my table, where he pulled my chair out for me and sat me down!! Then he gave me a big hug and lots of ducky kisses!!

n509625631_3488807_5597.jpg

He also spent quite a while rubbing his big ducky bum on me, much to the amusement of the kids around off so off he went to do the same to their parents!!

It wasn't long until Jessie came round and we both had photos with her. Although her big face scares me a little!

n509625631_3488809_6163.jpg

And Gepetto wasn't far behind! he made really funny noises and pulled on my ears lots but his 'tash was lovely and soft so I forgave him!

n509625631_3488808_5872.jpg

We had a little break from characters then and our food came, I had the Caesar Salad and Jack had a VERY greasy (glad I didn't order it!!) tex Mex chicken pizza. But he seemed to like it.

The little kids at a nearby table soon began shouting out 'M' words, but I didn't want to get my hopes up so didn't look where they were looking. Lol.

Pluto appeared suddenly and we both had a hug and a photo.

n509625631_3488810_6442.jpg

And then the big mouse himself came! I was so excited, which really surprised me, and when he bent down to kiss my hand I completely made a fool of myself by kissing his nose, which made Jack crack up, but it's good to say i've kissed Mickey!

n509625631_3488812_7015.jpg

When it was Jack's turn to have his picture Mickey had to stand right on his tip toes, and kept gesturing about how tall Jack is!

n509625631_3488813_7320.jpg

Then it was dessert time. I was too excited to eat anything really but jack had a massive ben and jerrys sundae which he loved!

Luckily just before we left my dreams came true and Minnie appeared in the doorway!!

n509625631_3488814_7607.jpg

We used our HB+ vouchers and only had an extra 2,50E to pay! Result!! I was so pleased I got to meet Mickey AND Minnie that I left CM without any worries as I'd have hated to think I'd missed one of them by a whisker.

We then entered the park for the last time at about 3pm. We went and got FPs for a final ride of BTM at 5.20pm (which was great timing) and then headed into a sweltering fantasyland where we had another ride on the storybook boats as Jack loves all the castles and he took loads of pictures. We walked through to Discoveryland and for a break from the heat we went into see Honey I shrunk the Audience. We were both a bit disappointed with it, I don't think it's aged too well, and is due for a replacement I think. But then I think that whole section of discoveryland could do with an overhaul. We then went and sat in Victoria's which was really lovely and peaceful and we had a lovely view over plaza gardens to the castle. We looked at a few ride wait times but they all topped an hour so we just walked around and soaked up as much disney as we could. Stopping for a break at Colonel hathi's which was shut, but it was lovely to sit out the back in the middle of the jungle and listen to the river! We did some shopping at the big shop in frontierland, I traded off my last pins!

(My final collection can be found on pinpics, I'm torsie24)

And then rode BTM as our last goodbye!! Jack's damn bumbag meant the bar didn't come all the way down to my legs, and I was sliding all over the place and coming out my seat over the bums which made it really great fun!!

Then we headed back to SL where we got our luggage, and then back to the Eurostar and home. :(

Thanks everyone for reading my report and THANK YOU SO MUCH for all your help in making our trip so worthwhile and amazing!! I wouldn't have known about half of the things we did had it not been for the DIS!!

:lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc

Sounds like a fab day and a fab trip! Bet you can't wait to go back!!

Bob xoxoxox

Aww I really enjoyed reading your reports. I love all the pics, esp the Donald Duck one! Must show that pic to my DS tomorrow (he really loves Donald!). Thanks for sharing your trip with us.

I really enjoyed reading your trippie Torsie, glad you had a great time. And I can see how pleased you were to see Minnie :goodvibes

Great trip report, thanks for sharing :banana:

I am definately going to book Cafe Mickey..

Have you booked Christmas yet!!? ;)

good on ya girl for kissing Mickey..I did the same in the hotel but with Minnie!:scared1: I actually shocked myself haha! She pulled me back for a kiss when the kids ran off...you kinda do it eh without thinking don't you?:laughing: :laughing:

loved reading about your trip..ohh its so exciting!!

Have you booked Christmas yet!!? ;)

No sadly not...we have a 'proper' (eg beach) holiday in September and Jacks disney wonder has worn off so he doesn't want to book anything else yet....

Also I don't want to jeopardize next years Florida plans so it might need to be sacrificed. :(

Never mind I'll get a disney trip in somewhere and I still have vegas to look forward to, which to me feels very similar to disney!

Your trippies and photos were lovely I really enjoyed them, I never knew Jessie made an appearance at CM, we usually have one meal there anyway, but it would be so nice if my niece Jessie were able to meet her in there. :goodvibes
How nice to get onto one of the Main Street vehicles too, its' still on our list of to do things - it's always good to have another reason to go back.
Thanks for sharing your trip. :)

I have really enjoyed reading your trip reports, fab pics. Thanks for sharing:thumbsup2

Great Great report!!! Thanks for sharing!

Love your photo with Donald and Mickey! :love:

I agree, your trip reports are fantastic - really makes me excited about going back in October :goodvibes .

Elaine

i too am now totally sold on lunch at cafe mickey when we go!! What a fantastic day to end your trip! :goodvibes

glad u had an excellent trip!! im so jealous of ur pic with donald, i've never managed to get a pic with him! and minnie didn't come round to us this year. ur pics are fab! :thumbsup2

Fab fab fab report!

I think Jack and Jessie might be related... it's not that he has a big head, just something about the grin and eyebrows maybe :laughing:

Another great report & lovely photos. I'm glad you had a great time & hopefully you'll be back again soon.

brilliant trip reports torsie!!!
i do think that cafe mickey on the last day is a great idea, and we will be doing it again at christmas - and u have even given me hope of seeing donald and daisy, either at cafe mickey, or on the character express!!!

and as for kisses - it has to be done, i think, we all think well be sensible and just have a picture, but when the moment comes........ we lose ourselves in the magic and enjoy it!! i was like a big kid when i got my pic with mickey, and tbh i will be doing it again (and again and again) and the kisses on the nose is compulsary..... isnt it???

so glad u had a fab time, kinda depressing when ur back isnt it???? (have already been costing up holidays for next year...... do u think im bitten by the dlrp bug??)

thanks for sharing your trippy pics with us, really making us look forward to our visit where cafe mickey looks a must now!

now for the planning to commence!

Glad you enjoyed yourselves :cheer2:

Wow, fab photos at Cafe Mickey!! :goodvibes

Thanks for sharing your trippie, I've really enjoyed reading it. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter