Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

Exactly. DH was appalled, I had to remind him she was just an actress and not really the owner.
I'm confused, did she say something appalling, or was it the prices?
I just read a review of a local place (Chicago) serving similar milkshakes, the one featured was ashamed with a slice of cake on top. The price was similar, $10-15 range. It seems that over the top shakes are a trend, not just at Toothsome.

I'm confused, did she say something appalling, or was it the prices?
I just read a review of a local place (Chicago) serving similar milkshakes, the one featured was ashamed with a slice of cake on top. The price was similar, $10-15 range. It seems that over the top shakes are a trend, not just at Toothsome.
DH was appalled that I would suggest the "proprietress" was selling to suckers. I'm not surprised that other establishments are doing similar things. It won't take long before splitting them becomes the norm - not so much because of the price, but because they're just too much for most individuals, especially if accompanying a meal. And I come from an area where the typical farm stand "single scoop" of ice cream is really two and a half scoops, running at least half a pound. (Most people would say 8 ounces, but half a pound makes the point better.)

I must admit that having seen how they make them, I'm surprised at the reports of them being thin. I guess it's difficult for me to judge proportions in those big blenders.

On a different note: The marshmallows listed among the ingredients "kosher beef gelatin". Now kosher beef gelatin does exist in the US, though it's uncommon. And I'm surprised they would bother without also getting the entire product certified as kosher, as I don't think there are that many people who would care about the gelatin source otherwise. Perhaps they will, soon. But for now, this is just an interesting tidbit.

On a different note: The marshmallows listed among the ingredients "kosher beef gelatin". Now kosher beef gelatin does exist in the US, though it's uncommon. And I'm surprised they would bother without also getting the entire product certified as kosher, as I don't think there are that many people who would care about the gelatin source otherwise. Perhaps they will, soon. But for now, this is just an interesting tidbit.

And of course if they are putting the marshmallows into ICE CREAM it won't make even a single bit of difference if the gelatin was from kosher beef.

Now if they'd used gelatin from fish...that's easier.

Or they could just use carageenan, but no one ever thinks of THAT.

I'm confused, did she say something appalling

GaryDis's hubby was appalled at GaryDis for saying that Toothsome is going by the "there's a sucker born every minute" concept with these crazy-big crazy-expensive milkshakes.

Silly silly GaryDis's hubby. Doesn't know how awesome GaryDis is. :)

DH was appalled that I would suggest the "proprietress" was selling to suckers. I'm not surprised that other establishments are doing similar things. It won't take long before splitting them becomes the norm - not so much because of the price, but because they're just too much for most individuals, especially if accompanying a meal. And I come from an area where the typical farm stand "single scoop" of ice cream is really two and a half scoops, running at least half a pound. (Most people would say 8 ounces, but half a pound makes the point better.)

I must admit that having seen how they make them, I'm surprised at the reports of them being thin. I guess it's difficult for me to judge proportions in those big blenders.
Got it! Sorry, I misread your original post, thinking that the character had done something appalling. Husbands and wives being appalled by each others' behavior is a totally different thing.
I can't imagine ordering one of those shakes. The desserts, though, seem appealing - flourless chocolate cake especially.

And of course if they are putting the marshmallows into ICE CREAM it won't make even a single bit of difference if the gelatin was from kosher beef.

:offtopic: For reasons that are well beyond my understanding of Talmud and kashrut, kosher beef gelatin is considered pareve (neutral) and may be eaten with dairy.

I don't recall if the marshmallows I recently spotted at Trader Joe's use carrageenan or some other product, but I believe they are vegetarian.

unknown at this point but the eateries in city walk do have reservations as an option once they are open for a reasonable time period.

when the new
novelty wears off, it should have it set up for the public

It was mobbed again tonight........wait was 90 minutes for a table..........we didn't bother........

i was thinking Gary was the name of the town they lived in.

used to drive thru a town that was named Gary
Well, "Gary, Indiana" was my favorite song when I was a tyke, but unlike young Winthrop, I had no trouble saying my s's, but did have trouble with r's.

Unless one has an sensitivity to it, I'd venture few have ever heard of, let alone thought of carageenan. Not to trivialize the issues people have with their restrictive. diets btw, must be akin to navigating land mines for them.

Realize most processed food has additives, including thickening agents, but the thought there may be fish (gelatin) in my ice cream is a bit off-putting.

Think I'll skip the fancy shake @ toothsome & get my frozen drink fix @ RPH, poolside. The little something-something in it Will help me to forget thinking about fish parts

GaryDis's hubby was appalled at GaryDis for saying that Toothsome is going by the "there's a sucker born every minute" concept with these crazy-big crazy-expensive milkshakes.

Silly silly GaryDis's hubby. Doesn't know how awesome GaryDis is. :)

Lol GaryDis may just be all that and a bag of chips.

Last edited:
does anybody know how to go about making reservations once they do open them up? my trip is in November and I'm hoping they'll be taking reservations by then, but I don't know how to check. Do you have to call? or is there a website?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter