Tokyo Disneyland Resort CLOSED for undetermined amount of time

I have been reading on several websites that the infrastructure is the main reason for the shutdown- it is very difficult to get from one place to another via the train and rail network that so many rely on- and the rolling blackouts for energy conservation sake.

The WHO has said it is still safe to go but we are still debating it right now, as my allergies are so bad here, and with the mold that is growing there due to the flooding, it might not be a good idea.

Poor people. Breaks your heart.

I have been reading on several websites that the infrastructure is the main reason for the shutdown- it is very difficult to get from one place to another via the train and rail network that so many rely on- and the rolling blackouts for energy conservation sake.

The WHO has said it is still safe to go but we are still debating it right now, as my allergies are so bad here, and with the mold that is growing there due to the flooding, it might not be a good idea.

Poor people. Breaks your heart.

based on international reports, the radiation problem, including in the tokyo area, is quite serious...

I am trying to get there in 2013 because I am also touring China and DLHK. I figure since I am over there, I might as well get to Disneyland Tokyo too.

I cannot imagine what those people are going through. My heart goes out to them

based on international reports, the radiation problem, including in the tokyo area, is quite serious...

We've been watching the Japanese networks at my workplace...my boss speaks Japanese as well as Korean so we have been getting reports from both places.

Radiation seems bad on the reports but hopeful.

Ikspiar (Downtown Disney) opened back up today the 28th. For some reason they did not post this information on the official site. Found this out through google and twitter.

Ikspiar (Downtown Disney) opened back up today the 28th. For some reason they did not post this information on the official site. Found this out through google and twitter.

I have to make my decision by the end of the month, based on reservations at hotels and such.

PM me if you catch anything. I have been watching the sites and reading some of the information being posted but I cannot make my plans without a definite yes or no.

It isn't the radiation or other stuff- I just don't want to go and it not be open that day due to blackouts.

Thanks!:)

The TDR website says that once they know the reopening date, they will post it on their website by 8pm 5 days before that date. So if you don't see any info 5 days before your planned visit day, ...

The TDR website says that once they know the reopening date, they will post it on their website by 8pm 5 days before that date. So if you don't see any info 5 days before your planned visit day, ...

still nothing posted on their website..

how's transportation in tokyo now? still affected by the rolling blackouts?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter