Tokyo Disneyland Resort CLOSED for undetermined amount of time

Wow. I am glad everyone was okay at the park. I can't believe they had to sleep in attractions but how nice of Disney to make sure everyone had blankets - even in the wake of tragedy, they maintain that sort of attitude.

That long of a closure is pretty unprecedented for any Disney resort in the world right? Highlights the severity of the situation in Japan right now.

That long of a closure is pretty unprecedented for any Disney resort in the world right? Highlights the severity of the situation in Japan right now.

Definitely. But this is a practical decision more than anything else -- people simply can't travel, even if they were unaffected by the disaster and want to. Train lines are shut down, airports are closed...

I daresay it might be cheaper to shut the resort right now than to keep it open for the small number of people who might show up.

I am sure they are going to want to examine each attraction and all the biuldings, etc for damage and ensure safe operation
:thumbsup2
AKK

before the earthquake i had begun to toy with the idea of a big family trip to japan in august, rather than orlando (as i'm very aggravated with WDW's ever rising prices and falling value for money)...

now i am determined.....if TDR reopens and travel to japan is permitted (assuming the nuclear danger passes), we will go there to support the japanese economy and people...

before the earthquake i had begun to toy with the idea of a big family trip to japan in august, rather than orlando (as i'm very aggravated with WDW's ever rising prices and falling value for money)...

now i am determined.....if TDR reopens and travel to japan is permitted (assuming the nuclear danger passes), we will go there to support the japanese economy and people...

:thumbsup2

*sigh*

My heart goes out to all affected by this tragedy. :sad1:

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

:thumbsup2 for me too.

We were actually planning a girls' trip over there next year. We will likely do Orlando instead and do Tokyo for the following year, depending on how this all plays out.

The footage is nothing short of heartbreaking. My heart goes out to all who are affected. The workers at the nuclear plants are absolute heroes.

I think what disney is doing is wise, with the threat of radiation and power shortages I mean what can they do. I think once the Power Plant gets under control we will see Japan start recovering. It is sad that the devastation of the natural disaster is losing out to the power plant failure. I hope their peopel are getting the support the need.

I can't agree with you more! I am definately going to help stimulate thier economy. I've lived through many earthquakes, driven to areas with a large amount of smog/congestion, I use a microwave everyday, I've flown in planes quite a bit, so a little nuclear radiation won't hurt. :rolleyes1 I was planning in going in 2013 anyway, but maybe sooner.

DisneySea is on my bucket list. :goodvibes

I am hoping we hear something soon regarding the resort. Our trip is still on to Yokohama/Tokyo arriving April 6 with a one day visit to Disneysea on April 10th.

I am hoping we hear something soon regarding the resort. Our trip is still on to Yokohama/Tokyo arriving April 6 with a one day visit to Disneysea on April 10th.

Me too. We are planning on being there on the 15th of the month of April. We have been tracking this, so keep in touch with and I will do the same if either of us hears any info.

I have seen on Twitter today that Disney is opening up some of its stores and operations their in Japan today. No official word on the parks yet, however a lot of sources on twitter are saying the parks my be back online as early as next week. We will have to wait and see.

I have seen on Twitter today that Disney is opening up some of its stores and operations their in Japan today. No official word on the parks yet, however a lot of sources on twitter are saying the parks my be back online as early as next week. We will have to wait and see.

according to the TDR website everything is still closed - no indication of opening any time soon..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter