tkd lisa's new years resolution (comments welcome)

Lisa,

I just browsed through your journal and I must say you are an inspiration for us newbies. Despite your obviously busy life, you still fit time in to take care of yourself which is what we all need to do....

Congrats on your weight loss to date, you will definitely reach your goal by your cruise and you will be able to look great in all new cruise wear! How exciting...:jumping1:

:wave2: Hi Lisa,
Just stopping by to say hi. I hope you all had fun on your camping trips :D !

I'm BAAACK! I think it's been more than a week since I've posted in my journal. Between the campout, travelling for work, DS's 5th grade graduation, and catching up back at the office, there just hasn't been time.

I'm not going to log a weeks worth of journals. Let's just say that I stayed on plan overall. I had several planned cheats, but on a meal-by-meal basis, I stayed under 3 carbs. I got in a 2 mile walk last night which was my first "formal" exercise since early last week. But I think I got plenty of exercise with all the camping I did. I know I was certainly sweating!!

Overall, camping went very well. We had some long nights. Some of the younger girls were very homesick Friday and cried til about 2 am (it was pouring rain, which wasn't helping since the tent sounds funny in the rain and wind). Saturday, they all had an absolute blast. It was in the mid to high 70s, and a beautiful day. They all played in the ocean and had a blast. The wild ponies of Assateague aren't really wild. The girls were able to get right next to them. They were all good though and didn't touch them (I think the $250 fine scared them too much!). I took a group on a couple of nice hikes, and we did all the standard camping things.

I did eat ONE s'more (man was it good!) but you can't go camping without s'mores!

I'm going to be travelling next week as well, so I might not get to post regularly. Weigh in this week was hovering at about the same. At one time, it actually registered at 134 which would get me my next clippie, but right now, I'm back at 135 so I'm not claiming it yet. I do plan on some major shopping during my trip next week. This weekend, I'm going through my closet to get rid of all the clothes that don't fit anymore. Woo Hoo!

:wave: Hi Lisa,
I'm glad camping was fun and that you allowed yourself to indulge in a s'more ::yes:: . What a great feeling it must be to go through your closet and clean out what is too big for you. Usually, I go through it for the opposite reason :rolleyes: ;) . Have a great week :sunny: !

I was glad read that you ate a s'more- I was beginning to think you were super-human because you NEVER cheat!
Clean out that closet , girl- for once a household chore will be thrilling.
Have a safe trip next week-
Take care
Mary

Val and Mary, I absolutely do have "bad" food. It just fits within my overall plan so it doesn't count as a cheat. I probably have a scoop of icecream at least once a week (my treat of choice!). And you can't camp without smores, it's just not possible! Like I've said before, I am certainly not the queen of willpower, my plan is just a true plan for life.

Back from my weeklong trip. I did get the closet cleaned out, so I could fill it back up. I got several pairs of shorts and a new bathing suit while I was in TX. I also lived through that horrible thunderstorm that was on CNN. Monday night, we had hail the size of baseballs! It broke the windshield of my rental car. Luckily, a guy who was travelling with me was in a different hotel about 3 miles away, and his car was fine. He was able to run me back to the airport to replace the car. Truly a miracle that no one was seriously hurt. One family had a grapefruit sized hailstone come through their skylight and land in the man's recliner just after he'd gotten up! And the hospital had a wall of windows blown out, with only one patient having any injury (from broken glass). God was definitely watching there!

Again, rather than listing lots of menus, I stayed on plan. I did enjoy some lo-carb pudding that they only seem to have in Amarillo (ready-made that is. I have had the jello sugar free at home), but overall stayed around 4 C per day. I have picked back up to 4 times a week for exercise.

I think our scale at home might not be working right. It still said 135 this morning, but the doctors type scale at the hotel registered 133, and that type of scale is usually much more accurate. I'm going to try the doctor type scale in our gym here at work this weekend and see what it says.

Thanks all for checking in on me. Lisa

Catching up on my journal entries.

6/26
am: 2 eggs, 1 slice toast (1C)
lunch (oriental buffet, kid's choice): hot and sour soup
2 wontons, 1 ragoon, stir fry with a little noodles
little bit of ice cream. I'm calling this 2 carbs total, since most of the servings of carbs were pretty small.
pm: salad, cashews (1C)
Total - 4 C + 1 1/2 miles walking

6/27
snack: no carb bar
lunch: chicken wing and leg
green beans
biscuit (1C)
pm: chicken broth, salad
steak and shrimp w/ stir fried veggies
rice (1C)
snack: ice cream (1C)

Total - 4C + housework (Mom's coming tomorrow!)

6/28
started with a 2 mile walk + weight machines, but forgot to weigh myself at the gym
lunch: pepperoni & cheese on the road
snack: gelatto at Smithsonian (2C)
walked about 4 miles sightseeing
pm: beanless chili
cornbread (1C)

Total, 4 C + LOTS of exercise!

Now I'm all caught up. I'm positive that our scale is broken. It's read the EXACT same thing for about 1 week now, and there's no way I haven't gone up or down by at least .1 pounds. It takes fancy batteries, so I'll have to look for replacements.

Lisa, I've popped in to catch up on your journal!

You are doing a great job! I'm glad you are flexible enough to identify walking in DC, setting up tents and major housework as the exercise that they all truly are! ::yes::

Scales are just evil! Mine doesn't seem to be accurate either! I'm thinking of just forgetting about the scale for the month of July but I'm not sure if I can make it that long! :p

Hope your days are filled with :sunny: !

Started to update this yesterday, but got swamped! I put new batteries in the scale, and the number changed a bit, but now it's stayed the same, regardless of when I weigh (Wed am, Wed pm, and Thur am). Since I normally move about a pound between morning and evening, I think it's just plain broken! This morning, DH said "you don't need that scale. You look great." Boy it made me feel good, because he's normally a very negative person, and VERY particular about weight. So I went ahead and claimed my 20 pound clippie.

Journal for 6/29:
lunch: cottage cheese w/ pears (1C)
cheese
pepper
pm: chicken thigh and breast
cottage cheese
bread (1C)

TOtal - 3C, no exercise

6/30
cheese
pepper
no carb bar
snack: cashews (1C)
pm: cod
green beans
stir fry veggies w/ little rice (1/2 C)
little bit of bread (1/2 C)
walked 2 miles (w/ mom, so it was a slow pace)

Total, 4C + exercise

How scarey with a storm like that! We used to get monster storms when I lived in Texas. I guess that goes with the "they do everything bigger in Texas" mentalility!

:wave2: Hi Lisa,
Congrats on the new clippie! I think this calls for a clippie party :thewave: :cool1: :thewave: :rockband: :thewave: !! I hope you have a great day :sunny: .

:flower1: :flower1: A BEAUTIFUL NEW CLIPPIE!!!! :flower1: :flower1:

Congratulations on that sparkling new 20 pound clippie, Lisa!!! Your husband's compliment was so sweet!! I hope you gave him a big smoochie kiss for noticing and telling you!

I'm sending you :sunny: and best wishes for a wonderful holiday weekend!!

Thanks Ladies! And yes Doreen, I thanks my hubby, especially since it was out of character for him.

I think my scale has finally regained it's brains. It was showing 133 and change just before the weekend. I'll weigh in again tomorrow for my normal Wednesday cycle. But it looks like the 20 pound clippie stays.

A bunch of days to catch up. This was mainly from memory, since I left it at work Thursday. Again, on plan. Lots of walking, taking Mom to visit the sights.

7/1
cheese, pepper, no carb bar
pm: oriental buffet after seeing 2 brothers. A bunch of little things for a total of 2 carbs

Total for the day - 4C, no exercise

7/2
snack: lemon icee (1C) - this thing was huge! I only ate about 1/4 of it, since it said 4 servings in the container. This was at the zoo.
lunch: ribs, shrimp, chicken and stir fry veggies (rain forest cafe)
pm: quizno's lo carb wrap (1C)
3 C + exercise, walked about 5 miles around the zoo and national cathedral.

7/3 (this is the day I am most confused about, DS came home from camp, and we ran a bunch of errands, but I think this was what I ate)
am: cheese
lunch: double cheeseburger w/ 1 bun (1C)
pm: ribs, green beans, cottage cheese
snacks: cashews (1C)
ice cream (1C)

total for day - 3C, no exercise

7/4:
am: veggie omlette w/ toast (1C)
lunch: tuna, cheese, crackers (1C)
cashews (1/2C)
pm: cod, green beans, cottage cheese
snack: cashews (1/2 C)
Ice cream (1C) - I think I had this?

Total - 4C, no exercise

7/5
lunch: mushroom and swiss burger, 1 bun (1C)
4 bites cheesecake (1C)
pm: lo carb wrap (1C)
walked 4-5 miles at Fort McHenry and Annapolis

Total - 4C + exercise

:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc
Wow- 20 pounds- that is so cool!!! You are such a good example of how consistency pays off!
Congrats!!!!!

Thanks Mary! Well I took Mom back to the airport this morning, so maybe my life will approach normal again. At least I can work on cleaning my house. Today was official weigh in day. I'm now 133, so another pound gone. Pretty cool!

Journal for 7/6:
lunch: cheese, pepper, cashews (1/2C)
no carb bar
pm: 6 tortilla chips (1C)
chicken
rice & beans (1C)

Total for the day - 4C, no exercise

Journal for 7/7
lunch: cheese, pepper
no carb bar
cashews (1/2C)
pm: 2 pieces chicken
cottage cheese
biscuit (1C)

Total - 3C, no exercise, it was pouring rain

Journal for 7/8
lunch: tuna and crackers (1C)
pepper
no carb bar
pm: 2 pieces chicken
no carb bar

3 mile walk

I was running low on supplies, but I did have a whole box of the no carb bars! Made it to the store before taking DS to scouts, so the menu is more varied now.

Updates from the weekend.

7/9
lunch: cheese
pepper
cashews (1/2C)
no carb bar
pm: chicken salad
cashews (1/2C)

1 1/2 mile walk
Total - 3C + exercise

7/10:
lunch: cheese & crackers (1C)
cashews (1/2C)
no carb bar
pm: hot and sour soup
beef skewer
moo shoo pork (no pancake)
lo carb ice cream (1/2C)

2 1/2 mile walk
snack: cashews (1/2C)

Total - 3 1/2 C + exercise

7/11, took DD to Girl Scout camp
am: 2 eggs, 1 slice toast (1/2C)
lunch: lo carb wrap (1/2C)
2 lo carb cookies (1C)
pm: chicken
squash
mac & Cheese (1 C)

Total - 4 C

Journal for 7/12
lunch: cottage cheese
cheese
pepper
no carb bar
cashews (1/2C)
pm: moo shoo pork
no carb bar
cashews (1/2 C)

3 C

Journal for 7/13:
lunch: cottage cheese w/ pineapple (1C)
cheese, grape tomatos
no carb bar
pm: steak and cheese sub w/ 1 bun (1C)

Total - 3 1/2 C. I fell asleep at 7 last night. I was just wiped out!

Weighed in this morning at 134, up a pound, but still within my 20 pound clippie. It's TOM, so I think it will go away next week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter