Tipping housekeeping

IndianaMouseLover

Mouseketeer
I know there was a thread on this somewhere, I think.:confused3

Maybe it was just on amount people leave and on what days.

Well anyways, we were going to leave a tip on our past trip and never knew how to go about it so we didn't. I feel bad about it. :guilty: I don't imagine those individuals get paid what is due to them. Maybe they do. My DW just reminded me about this and wanted me to ask so we know for our next trip in

155 days!:banana:

Where do all of you leave it or place it so the house keeper sees it and or gets it?:thumbsup2

I feel that those individuals are such hard workers, and quite honest. I have never found anything missing after they have been in to tidy up, not that I have gone great lengths to see if anything was. I have never thought twice about our stuff being out and them coming in to do their jobs. That is not always the case when we have stayed at other non-WDW hotels/ resorts.

- Housekeeping: Disney does not consider housekeeping a tipped position, but many do it anyway. The norm elsewhere is $1/person/night in less expensive hotels and $2/person/night in upscale hotels. There are no norms for timeshares but a $1/person/night for trash/towel service and $2/person/night for full cleaning seems reasonable. Tips should be left in your room on a daily basis if in a hotel or on cleaning day if in a timeshare. Different housekeepers may attend your room each day. Leave your tip so that it is obvious to the housekeeper of its purpose.

DVC tipping is even harder to figure out than regular Mousekeeping tipping as it depends on the size of the room, the number of people and whether it is a full service or Trash and Towel.

So, to make it easier for us, we tip $1 per person per day. That way, we don't have to worry about the size of the room or number of people.

We use pre-printed envelopes for Mousekeeping tips, we place them on (if staying in a one bedroom) the kitchen table - propped up so they can see it....we've also taped it to the mirrors, we place it somewhere where it will be easily seen. The envelopes we pre-print - state in both english and spanish- For our maid, please accept our enclosed thank-you! We also place the cash in the envelopes before we leave home, this way we don't have to run around trying to get the right amount of the right size bill to fill them!

I usually tip as I go along.

I may ask for a few extra towels,etc when I see a mousekeeper in the hall and had her/him a few bucks.

I always leave min $1 per day as well.

These are cute and I'm going to use them when we're there next. On our recent trip, the housekeepers came on our trash and towel day when I was in the shower. My DSis answered the door and they handed her the new towels and toiletries but they never came back over the next couple of days to empty the trash or remove the old towels. This was our 1st visit as DVC members so maybe I missed something. I didn't know what to do regarding tipping since they just handed towels through the door and didn't come back.:confused3

It's a good idea to get the envelopes. Early on, I left $5 on the table on trash & towel day, and when we returned, we found the tip still there. Since then, I always bring 2 envelopes with me.

I write a little "Thank you" for mousekeepers and leave something on Trash/Towel day and at the end of the stay. The amount does vary.

Bobbi:goodvibes

Every time I leave the money on my pillow, be sure It wont be there when you will come back

I always tip. If you see the housekeeper, you can hand it to them. Or, just as in a hotel room, you can leave it prominently displayed on the nightstand. If you are checked out, it is standard that this will be their tip money. If you are still in the unit and tipping mid-stay, you might want to put a quick note with it -- for housekeeping or something similar will suffice if you don't want to take the time to make up a envelope -- so they know that it's for them. You could also use this same method with a note on the kitchen counter or living room table.

On a recent Marriott stay, their housekeping now provides an envelope for tipping! Funny story....the housekeeper forgot to check her envelope and my brother was delighted to see she had left him $5 on check--in! (Of course, we returned it to her.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter