Timandlesley’s how to win a dream in 10 days 11/15 NEW PTR UP!! pg. 94 has link!!!

Thanks for all of the comments guys, I truly appreciate it.
Things have been crazy here. Don't know if you saw it on the news but Ohio was hit with the winds from Hurricane Ike, up to 80 MHP winds, knocked 800,000+ of us with no power for days some 300,000 people still don't have power. We are in an official state of emergency, trees down like a war zone,roofs ripped off, etc. CRAZY! Luckily we are o.k., lost power for 3 days and it is GREAT to be back up and running today. We sustained minor tree damage and were definitely the luckiest in our neighborhood. We are all back to school for the first time today.
I did see the DVC at Contemporary, since we just bought at AKL we can't get in on that awesome place but plan to stay there FOR SURE as long as reservations are available at 7 months out. I'm hoping to stay there within the next 3 years, it looks AWESOME! If any of you are considering buying there let me know, and I'll pass along my awesome guides information.
Well, gotta run, thanks guys!:thumbsup2
Lesley

Hey Les---so glad to hear that you are okay!!! I was thinking about how well you guys and Laura's gang fared with the effects of Ike!!! CRAZY!!! We now have power back too, but my poor sister is still without power!!! She and Justin have been taking shelter here with us since Monday---we have nicknamed our home the FEMA refugee shelter!!! They had to evacuate their home because their home was surrounded by too many downed power lines!!! SCARY!!!!

Hope you guys have a great AND SAFE Fall--so looking forward to the start of your next PTR!!! (And ours too---;) ;) !!!) Have you seen the new pics of the DVC rooms at the Contemporary?!?!?! BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't WAIT to stay there! :goodvibes Take care, Jen

So glad to hear you guys are okay. I knew the Cincinatti area had been hit hard by Ike because my aunt and uncle live there. They still didn't have power as of Wednesday. Hopefully they're back on now too. We had lots of flash flooding in St. Louis but not the wind damage like you all had.

Lauren is adorable in her cheerleading uniform! After meeting her, I can just hear her out there doing her little cheers. Too cute, I'm sure! And Luke looks so grown up on his first day of school. To me the biggest change (looks-wise) was between second and third grade for my girls. I guess it was the baby teeth falling out in second grade and having those "big teeth" in the third grade pictures. Such a change.

I just read about the Disney 2009 "theme". I think it's Celebration Vacation or something like that. Free birthday admission. Does your birthday fall during your trip next year? Awesome deal if it works out for you. There's other alternatives if you have annual passes or multi-day tickets. Special fast passes or gift cards. I wish it would work out for us, but we're March, May and August. And Chris is already back to work on Abby's birthday in August. Maybe a Spring Break trip in March!

Oh, there's also some tour that will be coming to Cincinatti in October. I think the 6th or the 8th. I can't remember. It's all part of the 2009 theme. I'm so mad that it's not coming here. I guess they go to the cities where they have the most park visitors come from. If it was on a weekend I'd plan a trip to visit my aunt and uncle, but I think it's a weekday. Hope you guys can check it out.

Still haven't done DVC, but even more tempted than ever with the two new additions. Those tree houses sound pretty awesome.

Enjoy your fall. We're going to a carnival tonight and a pirate festival tomorrow. Busy weekend.

Will be looking forward to a pre-trip report soon.

Alice

Hope everything is back to normal for you guys!
Had to be scary!! Any more plans in the works for
your future disney adventure??

Thanks for the pictures and update on you and your family. Sorry about the leftover from Ike. Glad you are all ok. We bought into AKV when we were there so I will be looking to you "all knowing one" for advice. Take care.

COngrats on Mickey!! HE is the cutest!
Your kids look adorable as always..such a cute family!
Thanks for updating us crazy fans ;)...looking forward to a PTR in the future! :)
Thanks so much, he is such fun and growing SO fast! The PTR should start in November once I book the second half of our trip using our developer points so STAY TUNED!
We're right up the road from you and we're still without power at home. Sad when I look forward to coming into work. :confused:
I sure hope you got it back quickly. Wasn't that awful!

WOW! Lesley, I am glad to hear you are all OK!:thumbsup2 Sounds like you guys were indeed one of the lucky ones!:goodvibes
Thanks, yes, we were lucky. I work with a girl whose house is now uninhabitable and was totally destroyed, we were very lucky!

Hi Tim and Leslie, I read your last 2 reports and am signing on for this one too. L and L are getting so big!
Thanks, hope you enjoyed it, look for the PTR in November for our EIGHTEEN DAY DISNEY ADVENTURE!!!!

Hey Les---so glad to hear that you are okay!!! I was thinking about how well you guys and Laura's gang fared with the effects of Ike!!! CRAZY!!! We now have power back too, but my poor sister is still without power!!! She and Justin have been taking shelter here with us since Monday---we have nicknamed our home the FEMA refugee shelter!!! They had to evacuate their home because their home was surrounded by too many downed power lines!!! SCARY!!!!

Hope you guys have a great AND SAFE Fall--so looking forward to the start of your next PTR!!! (And ours too---;) ;) !!!) Have you seen the new pics of the DVC rooms at the Contemporary?!?!?! BEAUTIFUL!!! I can't WAIT to stay there! :goodvibes Take care, Jen
Thanks, yes, it was very crazy! We stayed with my mom for one of the nights. When are you guys going? Yes, I can't wait to stay at the Contemporary too, but I am looking forward to experiencing the AKL and Saratoga springs for the first time next summer too! So exciting!
Lesley
So glad to hear you guys are okay. I knew the Cincinatti area had been hit hard by Ike because my aunt and uncle live there. They still didn't have power as of Wednesday. Hopefully they're back on now too. We had lots of flash flooding in St. Louis but not the wind damage like you all had.

Lauren is adorable in her cheerleading uniform! After meeting her, I can just hear her out there doing her little cheers. Too cute, I'm sure! And Luke looks so grown up on his first day of school. To me the biggest change (looks-wise) was between second and third grade for my girls. I guess it was the baby teeth falling out in second grade and having those "big teeth" in the third grade pictures. Such a change.

I just read about the Disney 2009 "theme". I think it's Celebration Vacation or something like that. Free birthday admission. Does your birthday fall during your trip next year? Awesome deal if it works out for you. There's other alternatives if you have annual passes or multi-day tickets. Special fast passes or gift cards. I wish it would work out for us, but we're March, May and August. And Chris is already back to work on Abby's birthday in August. Maybe a Spring Break trip in March!

Oh, there's also some tour that will be coming to Cincinatti in October. I think the 6th or the 8th. I can't remember. It's all part of the 2009 theme. I'm so mad that it's not coming here. I guess they go to the cities where they have the most park visitors come from. If it was on a weekend I'd plan a trip to visit my aunt and uncle, but I think it's a weekday. Hope you guys can check it out.

Still haven't done DVC, but even more tempted than ever with the two new additions. Those tree houses sound pretty awesome.

Enjoy your fall. We're going to a carnival tonight and a pirate festival tomorrow. Busy weekend.

Will be looking forward to a pre-trip report soon.

Alice
Hi Alice, good to hear from you. Glad you guys were o.k. with the flash floodings. Glad you enjoyed the pics of Lauren, she is so funny, kinda destined to be a cheerleader: ) Of course this is the first year in FOUR years in a row of trips to Disney we won't be there on my b-day. We're starting the trip in later June this year because we will be buying annual passes and want to get two years of trips out of them so we'll go early June next summer, bummer on the Celebration thing - I wonder if they are just closing up Cindy's castle. I'm telling you, if you could do DVC Contemporary is AWESOME and I would jump at it, have you seen the pictures, I can't WAIT to stay there but don't know what our odds will be at the 7 month window. Hope you guys have a good fall too, tell your family I said hello and the pre trip will start in November.
Lesley

Hope everything is back to normal for you guys!
Had to be scary!! Any more plans in the works for
your future disney adventure??
Yes, it is finally back to normal. Yes, I have booked 8 nights Savannah view studio starting June 22nd of next summer and will follow it with 9 nights at Saratoga Springs when my booking window opens in November and will start the PTR then, so stay tuned!

Thanks for the pictures and update on you and your family. Sorry about the leftover from Ike. Glad you are all ok. We bought into AKV when we were there so I will be looking to you "all knowing one" for advice. Take care.
You're welcome, glad you enjoyed them. Very cool that you bought into AKV when you were down there!!!!!
Lesley

Hey Lesley---

We initially were thinking about going back in May, but we already have a trip scheduled with my family down to the beachhouse at OBX in June, so we thought that might be too close to everything going on. So now we are going to go back next September---Tom's favorite time to go!! So now we are trying to figure out whether or not we will book free dining, or do rent DVC again--because sometimes that is even cheaper! We are REALLY wanting to stay at WL this year---either renting points or booking it for Free Dining. After hearing SO many wonderful things about it from you and Laura, and knowing how beautiful it is ourselves from being there, it is tempting us SO strongly!!! BUT, I am also considering a stay at AKL too---decisions, decisions, decisions!!! When we go, we will probably stay about 10 days, and it will just be the three of us!!! SO needless to say, we are all excited about the prospect!!! I just hope Megan can hold out until then---she asks me everyday when we are going back---so I am going to have to get creative about how to deal with her Disney cravings!!! I am thinking we are going to have to take in Disney on Ice and hit the Disney celebration on the Fountain downtown on the 8th of October----still going to need some more to hold her off until September!!! Hoping you guys are having a wonderful Fall---and a great Halloween! Talk soon, Jen

For those of you still checking this thread PLEASE PRAY!!!
Mickey (our 4 month old Golden Retreiver) fell down an entire flight of stairs yesterday and can't put any pressure on his back leg and was walking on 3 legs. He is in a lot of pain and I am so worried. Tim is taking him to the vet today at 10 am to get xrays, please pray it isn't anything major and that he can heal quickly, I feel so badly for him!!!!
Lesley

Poor baby!! We are thinking of you guys and will keep you in our prayers! Keep us updated...:grouphug:

Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers. I don't know if I have posted on here before but I did lurk and joined your tr towards the end of it I think. I will definately be joining in as soon as you start your new ptr in November.

Oh My GOSH! Poor Mickey!! I will definately send hugs Mickey's way. Poor little guy. Update when you get any news:hug: :hug:

OMG!:eek: Poor Mickey! Sending some hugs and prayers your way that Mickey is OK!:hug: Please let us know how he is doing!:goodvibes

We'll be praying for Mickey too. Our puppy broke her back left leg when she was five months old last year. She jumped out of my arms and unfortunately landed the wrong way. Hopefully Mickey just has a little sprain or something. I know it's extremely tough to go through. Let us know how he's doing.

Alice

Lesley, You ALL have lots of prayers coming to you from me---I SO hope Mickey is okay and will be doing better really soon!!! Keep us posted!!! Jen

Oh poor Mickey ! I will definitely keep your family in my thoughts and prayers.

Hope everything is okay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter