Tickets - really, how/where do you wear/keep them?

jenianifer

Earning My Ears
DH, SIL, and preschool DD heading to DL and DCA for 4 days in mid-Sept. just got our hard stock tickets in the mail. Still deciding if we are purchasing maxPass at all or for fri/sat. Regardless, since we need the tickets for Entry and probably FP's, where do we keep them to make sure they are safe, and accessible. Lanyards? Hip pocket? Some better, unknown, innovative location!?

I use a business card case. Small, sturdy, just the right size for tix and FP's (along with a few other pieces of paper or an ID or CC.)

Wallet. Or a Witz case.
51w3U5E%2BbhL._SL1000_.jpg

I brought my lanyard with me, intending to use that. We ended up using maxpass, so after scanning our tickets into the app, we never touched them again. But, had we not used maxpass, I would have used a lanyard.

Maxpass wasn't out yet but fiance used a lanyard and I kept mine in my wallet. I should have gotten a lanyard to make it easier but in either cass I had to take the cards out to get FP.

I have a lanyard that I actually bought in that little gift shop in Tropicana. It holds my phone, tickets, and credit cards. It's a little biggger than a standard credit card size lanyard but I wear it cross body and it works great.

IF we get Maxpass, the plan is to scan our passes to our phones and put them away. Everyone will have a lanyard with a copy of their barcode for easy access to FP lines.

If we do not get MP, we'll still do the lanyards but DH keeps the passes in his wallet and will only get them out to get FPs.

I always keep the whole family's in my waterproof crossbody bag that has a side zipper for easy access.

Witz case (waterproof!), lanyard, or a Vera Bradley I.D. case clipped to my belt loop. DH keeps his in his wallet.

I keep everyones in my wallet. Same with FPs. That way I always know where they all are.

I keep everyones in my wallet. Same with FPs. That way I always know where they all are.
We do the same. I have a small wallet that's just big enough for the essentials. Our APs go in the exterior pocket for easy access, my DL and ATM card go in one interior pocket, my wife's in the other and FPs in the license window to make checking return times easy. That way everything is in a nice convenient place with quick access. My wife keeps cash, a CC, receipts and copies of our AP's in her purse.

The downside is if my wallet ever goes missing, it's going to be a rough day, but, knock on wood, that has never happened, although I have had a few momentary scares when I've put the wallet in my backpack on water rides and then forgot I had done so.

I use a specific pocket inside my purse for all the tickets, tickets and cell phone are transferred to a Ziploc bag inside my purse before we do water rides. We keep everyone's tickets in one place, collected immediately after entering the park, that way we have all of them together already for pulling FPs.
-Don't put your tickets in a hip pocket, you could accidently end up soaking them. (I've sat down in more than one puddle on POTC that surprised me!)
-Take pictures of each of your tickets, that way if something does happen to a ticket you have the ticket number when you go to guest services

We either have a backpack or I carry a small crossbody purse so the pockets can be zipped closed. My husband usually wears cargo shorts or men's pockets are usually a lot deeper so he'll carry them there, but usually they're zipped up on a pocket in my purse or in the backpack.

I always keep the whole family's in my waterproof crossbody bag that has a side zipper for easy access.

Do you remember which one you have? That sounds perfect! I can't seem to find any long purses anymore that can be used crossbody, they all seem too short.

I have a small purse that I use pretty much exclusively for DLR. It's just big enough for my phone, a couple odds and ends like chapstick, and the tickets. Everything else goes in my partner's bigger bag. The reason I use this purse specifically is that it has an outside pocket that's card sized with a magnetic snap closure. Since it's magnetic and right on the outside, I can pull the tickets out and put them away by feel while walking to/from FP machines. I would hate having to stop in the middle of a walkway or moving line to mess with zippers or take off a backpack, etc.

I carry a sling backpack with a pocket on the strap so when I wear it, the pocket is in front. Then I have a small id/card wallet with a hook that I attach to the zipper pull of the pocket. I can zip the wallet into the pouch, but when I take it out the wallet stays attached to my bag. Easy to use... difficult to explain. :D

In a Vera zip ID case attached to the key tether in my Disney Dooney small letter carrier.

With MaxPass obviously that'll have to change! I hate the idea of having to take my phone in and out multiple times for scanning as it increases the chances of dropping or damaging it. It's one of the reasons I wish DL would start using MagicBands. They were so convenient at WDW and DL could use them with the new MP system as is, MBs do not have to equal FP+.

Do you remember which one you have? That sounds perfect! I can't seem to find any long purses anymore that can be used crossbody, they all seem too short.

It's from Haiku, but I'm not certain on the exact name (https://haikubags.com/medium-bags.html?p=2). It has a fully adjustable, really long strap as well as a "regular" shoulder strap. Both sides have a small zippered pocket where I keep FPs and tickets. It looks small, but I can stuff a lightweight blanket and a couple bottles of water in it along with a wallet, etc. I don't think they still sell this exact one anymore, but it appears the same style is available with the same adjustable strap. I love crossbody bags for in the park because I don't have to remove them to go on rides, I just buckle the seatbelt over it.

This is the one I have:

57-Haiku-Women-s-Bucket-Bag-Clutch-1.jpg

I've also found the Vera Bradley bags to be really great too with long straps (although most aren't waterproof) as well as Dooney and Bourke. They make really cute Disney designed bags, too! I would tend to lean more to VB rather than D&B for use in the park, though because I'm afraid of it getting damaged. Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter