• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sorry if this has already been answered. I checked, but didn't see it. Our family of six purchased the minimum park hopper (2 day park hoppers each) required to get the free dining promotion. These tickets were purchased in April after the recent price increase. We don't normally park hop, so we wanted to see about changing our two day park hoppers into 3 day base tickets. My questions are (1) Is this even possible? I checked the prices and it appears it would be a roughly $33 upgrade per person if I'm understanding this correctly; and (2) If it is, do we need to do it before we enter any parks or just before we use the park hopper feature? Thank you in advance for any insight!

Thank you Robo!!!! You are the best!

I was like 90+% sure I was right but you never know when things change and
1. I also didn't want to sound like a pompous guest
2. who thinks she knows how to do a CM's job better than them.
3. Thanks again!!!

1. Pompous is a subjective term. I would worry about that, because...
2. You DID! ;)
3. You're welcome.

Hi everyone! (Well, especially Hi Robo!) I'm hoping for a bit of advice / fact checking for a AP upgrade that I'm planning for July.

I have a 7 day PH, purchased from Undercover Tourist before Feb 12. I will be going into MK and immediately heading to the new AP ticket office in Liberty Square. I know that if they bridge the ticket, the pre-Feb 12 value of that ticket is $467.54. The current AP cost is $829.64. So I am going in fully intending to pay $362.10.

So my two questions are
1 - is my math correct?
2 - is there ANYTHING I can do to better prepare in case I hit some pushback from the CM about bridging? Maybe print the costs of each ticket out from the web site? I'm fully prepared to leave the office with my original ticket and try elsewhere if I have to (thank you for that advice).

Thank you for all of your help!

Apologies if this is addressed elsewhere, but I've been reading and searching to no avail. Two questions.

1. When you purchase tickets online in advance through Disney they presently offer a discount. With this, the cost of two adult 3-day PH's is roughly $744 with tax. (Side note- isn't that the same as gate price? Why do they advertise a false discount?) We are planning on going in December and I was considering upgrading to an AP during our stay. I understand that the AP start date is the date we first use the ticket, and that I need to upgrade before the end of the third use day. I also understand that tickets purchased online from Disney are not elligible for price bridging. However, I want to change our room reservation to a package and add a dining plan closer to December. If I do this, do I need to purchase the tickets at that time, or could I add the tickets to my room only reservation and then add a dining plan and create a package that way. If so, do the tickets count as package tickets elligible for price bridging or are they still only worth the discounted online rate (assuming there actually is one)?

2. Regarding Annual Passes- If my AP expired 12/18/18 and I booked a stay 12/15-12/20, would I be able to use an AP room discount on my entire stay if one were available? Or would the room rate increase for the evening of 12/19? In this instance, could I apply a general public discount to 12/19 if one were available?

I have been reading about Disney for a year now, and I am still bewildered by it. We aren't sure about AP yet as December would be our first time in the parks. (We spent one hurricane day at MK last year) Looking ahead to figure out what makes the most sense for us financially if we decide to return. Thank you in advance for any guidance and clarity!

1. When you purchase tickets online in advance through Disney they presently offer a discount. With this, the cost of two adult 3-day PH's is roughly $744 with tax. (Side note- isn't that the same as gate price? Why do they advertise a false discount?)

Not a false discount - you now pay $20 more if you purchase at the gate rather than online.

Hi everyone! (Well, especially Hi Robo!) I'm hoping for a bit of advice / fact checking for a AP upgrade that I'm planning for July.

I have a 7 day PH, purchased from Undercover Tourist before Feb 12. I will be going into MK and immediately heading to the new AP ticket office in Liberty Square. I know that if they bridge the ticket, the pre-Feb 12 value of that ticket is $467.54. The current AP cost is $829.64. So I am going in fully intending to pay $362.10.

So my two questions are
1 - is my math correct?
2 - is there ANYTHING I can do to better prepare in case I hit some pushback from the CM about bridging?
3- Maybe print the costs of each ticket out from the web site?
4- I'm fully prepared to leave the office with my original ticket and try elsewhere if I have to (thank you for that advice).

Thank you for all of your help!

1- Yup.
2- Nope.
3- They will have that info.
4- That's the deal.
HOWEVER, I would ASK NICELY if the CM would please offer you a lower cost. (It never hurts to ask.)

Last edited:
I apologize if these questions have already been answered. I did my best to search the thread and didn't find the exact answers I was hoping to find.

I'm planning on upgrading my 5 Day PH ticket to an AP during our upcoming trip in July.

1. If I don't update to an AP on the first day of our trip, will I still be able to download any Photo Pass pictures that were taken leading up to the upgrade? My plan is to upgrade immediately, but if the line is super long, I may have to put it off until later in the trip.
2. Will my Fast Pass selections be impacted by the upgrade?

1- Yup.
2- Nope.
3- They will have that info.
4- That's the deal.
HOWEVER, I would ASK NICELY if the CM would please offer you a lower cost. (It never hurts to ask.)

Robo, you are an amazing resource for these boards. Thank you! I'll report back about how it goes.

I'm planning on upgrading my 5 Day PH ticket to an AP during our upcoming trip in July.

1. If I don't update to an AP on the first day of our trip, will I still be able to download any Photo Pass pictures that were taken leading up to the upgrade? My plan is to upgrade immediately, but if the line is super long, I may have to put it off until later in the trip.
2. Will my Fast Pass selections be impacted by the upgrade?

1. Yes. You can do the upgrade earlier or later.
Regardless, any photos taken at any time will be in your files.
The AP is just another way to PAY for downloading them.
2. Nope.

If you want to downgrade a package ticket, you want to do so as early before your trip as you can.
If you wait until near the last month before your trip, you will be charged a "change fee" that can wipe out much of the savings of dropping a ticket day.

BTW, if you did have any "unused days" left on your tickets at the end of your trip, those would automatically expire 14 days from the tickets' first use, anyway.

Ok thanks so much! good to know.

Can a child under 10 use a ticket for 10 and over? The reason I ask is because the 25% discount for Canadians for tickets is only for 10 and over. It appears it is cheaper to purchase the 10 and over ticket with the discount.

Can a child under 10 use a ticket for 10 and over? The reason I ask is because the 25% discount for Canadians for tickets is only for 10 and over. It appears it is cheaper to purchase the 10 and over ticket with the discount.

How MUCH "under 10?"

2 questions about water parks
1 - we plan to add the water parks option to our hoppers when we get there - can we do that at Typhoon Lagoon or do we have to go to a guest services location? We plan on heading to TL straight from the airport.
2 - we have one person with a non-hopper who has a non-expiring 2006 parkhopper plus ticket with one waterpark option left on it. Will she be able to use it at TL or do we have to go to guest services and get it converted?

thank you!

The child is 8 and will be 8 at the time of travel. I plan on buying the 6 day ticket for $267 USD for canadian residents which appears to be for 10 and older.

2 questions about water parks
1 - we plan to add the water parks option to our hoppers when we get there - can we do that at Typhoon Lagoon...
2 - we have one person with a non-hopper who has a non-expiring 2006 parkhopper plus ticket with one waterpark option left on it. Will she be able to use it at TL...

1- Yes.
2- Yes.

The child is 8 and will be 8 at the time of travel. I plan on buying the 6 day ticket for $267 USD for canadian residents which appears to be for 10 and older.

As far as the CMs at the gates, they won't know how old the child is, regardless.
However, if it is a concern, you should be able to trade the adult ticket for a child's ticket at no charge (nor any "refund") at a ticket booth.

wondering if it is worth buying one AP to get room discounts for a family vacation.

and I s buying one tables in wonder land ticket on the AP we will be a family of 7 and 2 rooms

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter