I apologize if these questions are already answered . . . I tried skimming this thread.

We are staying at Coronado Springs for October 1st. We bought two 5-day tickets as part of the package. I plan on calling tomorrow to upgrade those tickets to APs.
You cannot upgrade package tickets until your check-in day.

1. Since this is an upgrade to AP, can this be done in advance of the first day of ticket use, i.e. Oct 21? Or will that cause my AP start date to be the date of upgrade?
  2. Depending upon the answer to #1, can an upgrade be done any other ways than phone or in-person?
  3. Staying on-site for both stays, so assume there shouldn't be any issues with losing park ressies or being over the limit.
Package tickets or separate? If the tickets are not part of a package you can upgrade them in advance. I believe you will need to do the transaction by phone or in person. The AP won't activate and start the 12-month clock until you first use it to enter a park. On site gets length of stay for theme park reservations so they shouldn't get dropped; phone CMs have been saying otherwise so keep an eye on the reservations if you do the upgrade in advance. Disney IT...

You cannot upgrade package tickets until your check-in day.

I am guessing the answer to this is no, but is it possible to buy the APs tomorrow, and then later have just the ticket part of the package refunded while keeping the room reservation and park reservations in place?

Package tickets or separate? If the tickets are not part of a package you can upgrade them in advance. I believe you will need to do the transaction by phone or in person. The AP won't activate and start the 12-month clock until you first use it to enter a park. On site gets length of stay for theme park reservations so they shouldn't get dropped; phone CMs have been saying otherwise so keep an eye on the reservations if you do the upgrade in advance. Disney IT...

Separate.

Thanks for the quick response!!!

I am guessing the answer to this is no, but is it possible to buy the APs tomorrow, and then later have just the ticket part of the package refunded while keeping the room reservation and park reservations in place?
Yes. If you are within 30 days of check-in there may be a $50 change fee for dropping the tickets.

I apologize if these questions are already answered . . . I tried skimming this thread.

We are staying at Coronado Springs for October 1st. We bought two 5-day tickets as part of the package. I plan on calling tomorrow to upgrade those tickets to APs.

1. If we upgrade tomorrow, but don't use the APs for the first time until October 1st, when does the 12 months on the APs start running?

2. Am I correct that if I upgrade our package to APs tomorrow, we cannot upgrade to Pirate APs and still use them to go on October 1st, since October 1st is blocked out?

3. How do I know how much of my package price will be applied to the costs of our APs?

4. Does the Florida payment plan costs more than paying in full? It says 12 monthly payments after a down payment of $205, but that seems to add up to more than the listed cost for each AP. Or does that extra cover the taxes?

5. Can you upgrade an AP to a higher level AP once you have started using it? For example, if we got the Sorcerer AP and then decided we wanted to go over Christmas, could we upgrade the Sorcerer AP to Incredi-Pass if it made financial sense to do so?

6. And if DW and I get the PhotoPass add-on, can we both use it even if the person who doesn't have it on their pass goes to the park by themselves?

Thanks for any answers!
1. Oct. 1.
2. If you intend to buy an AP that is blocked-out on a given date, you can't use that AP to enter a park on that date.
3. There is no "package discount" on the price of tickets. The package tickets are worth the "on-line Disney price" on the date the package was booked.
4. No. (Florida Tax rate IS added to ticket/AP costs.)
5. Yes.
6. Yes.

Does anyone know what time APs will start being sold tomorrow?

We have tickets that were bought ina 'package' (no discount was part of the package) but hoping to upgrade them tomorrow.

Thanks! I’m good at that :). Should I call DVC or is there a special ticketing number I should call?

As I previously posted, when I spoke to DVC Member services, they were unable to do an upgrade to Sorcerer's AP. He could only sell new APs. He said Disney Ticketing would do the upgrade but I asked how Ticketing would know we are DVC members & he said Ticketing will take your DVC number & tie it to your AP purchase but to activate your AP at the parks, you will have to show your DVC membership card with ID to verify you are qualified to purchase the Sorcerer's AP by being a DVC member.

Obviously this was prior to the start of the APs going on sale so I don't know if MS will change their answer when it actually starts being sold.

1. Oct. 1.
2. If you intend to buy an AP that is blocked-out on a given date, you can't use that AP to enter a park on that date.
3. There is no "package discount" on the price of tickets. The package tickets are worth the "on-line Disney price" on the date the package was booked.
4. No. (Florida Tax rate IS added to ticket/AP costs.)
5. Yes.
6. Yes.

Thanks!

Yes. If you are within 30 days of check-in there may be a $50 change fee for dropping the tickets.

Sorry for yet another question - if I go this route, will it only be $50 and not the $200 deposit? And does there still have to be availability for my resort stay in order to drop the tickets from the package? Do they have to cancel the first reservation completely and then re-book as a resort only reservation?

ETA: Once I have my annual passes via email, since I can verify my Florida residency on the website with my DL #, do I have to activate them or anything in order for them to be valid tickets for my park reservations on October 1st - 5th? I would hate to drop my original tickets only to lose my park reservations.

Last edited:
Question, has anyone who has a Platinum Pass Voucher who was able to purchase an AP because theirs expired during the time they were closed tried to use that voucher? Trying to find out if I will still have the Platinum pass when I activate it in November, or if it will automatically be switched to the IncrediPass? My account currently shows Platinum Pass expiring in 2099.

Question, has anyone who has a Platinum Pass Voucher who was able to purchase an AP because theirs expired during the time they were closed tried to use that voucher? Trying to find out if I will still have the Platinum pass when I activate it in November, or if it will automatically be switched to the IncrediPass? My account currently shows Platinum Pass expiring in 2099.
I haven't activated mine yet, but I'm sure hoping we keep the platinum pass because it includes Memory Maker!

Sorry for yet another question - if I go this route, will it only be $50 and not the $200 deposit? And does there still have to be availability for my resort stay in order to drop the tickets from the package? Do they have to cancel the first reservation completely and then re-book as a resort only reservation?

ETA: Once I have my annual passes via email, since I can verify my Florida residency on the website with my DL #, do I have to activate them or anything in order for them to be valid tickets for my park reservations on October 1st - 5th? I would hate to drop my original tickets only to lose my park reservations.
As long as you are keeping the resort room, it should only be the $50 change fee (and sometimes they waive it). Not the full deposit. Tell them you need to change to a "basic package" which is essentially a room-only reservation using the package payment terms.

As for the theme park passes... people have upgraded and changed tickets over the past year with no impact to theme park reservations. I understand recently the phone CMs have warned of losing park reservations when upgrading to an AP. The theme park reservations have not been tied to any specific ticket media, just required "valid" ticket media in the account. As long as the AP you purchase is not blocked out for 10/1, you should be ok. But until someone tries it, we can't know for certain. I plan to watch for reports about that today.

If both tickets remain on the same profile, you will need to have the 1-day prioritized. But if you transfer the 5-day to an extra profile -- or a member of your family who won't be with you -- no need to prioritize.
cool,and then it can be transferred to use to whomever at a later date? no restrictions on transfers?(as long as it's unused)

Is it possible to upgrade tickets dated for May 2022 to an annual pass with the new annual passes or is it still only in person? The tickets were originally purchased for May 2020 through UT then upgraded to May 2022 through Disney and are linked in MDE. I know I can call and ask but was trying to avoid a long wait time if the answer is no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter