I‘ve read the FAQ and the last few pages. I have a special DVC buy-4-get-2-free pass which I upgraded to a 10-day PH whenI bought it. It’s supposed to start on 9/26 but we have cancelled our DVC reservations and are doing a 100% vaccinated cruise instead. We have reservations for May 2022 and I would like to purchase a Sorcerer AP to cover that reservation. I‘ve read that APs may be limited and I would prefer to pay for an upgrade sooner rather than later. Will I be able to call someone to have my pass upgraded to an AP after 9/8 but before 9/26?

I‘ve read the FAQ and the last few pages. I have a special DVC buy-4-get-2-free pass which I upgraded to a 10-day PH whenI bought it. It’s supposed to start on 9/26 but we have cancelled our DVC reservations and are doing a 100% vaccinated cruise instead. We have reservations for May 2022 and I would like to purchase a Sorcerer AP to cover that reservation. I‘ve read that APs may be limited and I would prefer to pay for an upgrade sooner rather than later. Will I be able to call someone to have my pass upgraded to an AP after 9/8 but before 9/26?
You can always call and ask.
Explain carefully and ask nicely.

Headed to WDW at the end of the month. I currently have a 4 day hopper. I am going to be returning in January for 5-6 days for the marathon and then again early next summer. Also possibly a couple of other times at the end of the summer. So I figure I might as well upgrade my ticket to an AP. If I upgrade on my first day this month, should all my park reservations also transfer to the AP?

If I upgrade on my first day this month, should all my park reservations also transfer to the AP?
Theme park reservations are not actually tied to any specific ticket. As long as you have valid ticket media the park reservations should remain. The only thing that might impact is if you are staying offsite for any of those visits. APs are only allowed 3 (now, soon to be 5) days of theme park reservations if not staying onsite.

Theme park reservations are not actually tied to any specific ticket. As long as you have valid ticket media the park reservations should remain. The only thing that might impact is if you are staying offsite for any of those visits. APs are only allowed 3 (now, soon to be 5) days of theme park reservations if not staying onsite.

Thanks for that info. We are staying off site, at Bonnet Creek. So I guess I would need to wait a day or two to upgrade.

My experience with park reservations: I mentioned above I have a 10 day hopper for Feb 2022 with park reservations for 10 days, staying onsite the whole time.
I just changed the date of that hopper to this Monday so I can be in the park on Monday and Tuesday then upgrade on Wednesday of this week when APs go on sale.

I DID get an email from Disney for each Feb reservation saying it would be cancelled in a couple days if no ticket was associated with it. Not really a concern because Feb is far enough out and I can make new reservations once I have an AP.

I guess I'll see on Wednesday if my reservations for the weekend are impacted when I upgrade (not waiting until the end because I want memory maker when I go to Boo Bash). I don't expect they will be, that seems like a possibility because they are linked to to having a ticket, but as long as there's still a valid ticket on those dates it wouldn't matter.

Ok- I have another tangled question... I have an unused Park pass (5 day) I can add on my account. I want to make a park res for November for only one day,and I'll likely end up purchasing a one day ticket to use that day.... can I make the park res. I want NOW,and then move/remove that 5 day pass from my account after I add the one day pass I haven't yet bought? (I intend to use the one day vs. the 5 day pass,and save the 5 day for another trip) Thank you

Ok- I have another tangled question... I have an unused Park pass (5 day) I can add on my account. I want to make a park res for November for only one day,and I'll likely end up purchasing a one day ticket to use that day.... can I make the park res. I want NOW,and then move/remove that 5 day pass from my account after I add the one day pass I haven't yet bought? (I intend to use the one day vs. the 5 day pass,and save the 5 day for another trip) Thank you
Is the unused 5-day an older undated ticket? If so, you may link it and make park reservations. But once it is linked I don't believe you can unlink it, though you can move/transfer it to another profile.

If it's a dated ticket, depending on the original dates it may need to be upgraded to your Nov. dates to be able to even make park reservations. That may or may not require an additional charge.

I purchased 6 day PH tickets for our January 2022 trip straight from Disney. Will I need to call tomorrow to upgrade to APs, or is the App going to allow AP upgrades starting tomorrow?

I have a 3 day park hopper pass that I bought for a conference last year at WDW and the conference ended up getting canceled last year. The ticket was set to expire at the end of this past August. I still see the ticket in my MDE account. Would I be able to combine the value of this ticket, along with my current park hopper I have for my trip at the end of the month, to upgrade to an AP? Or can I only use my current ticket to upgrade?

Is the unused 5-day an older undated ticket? If so, you may link it and make park reservations. But once it is linked I don't believe you can unlink it, though you can move/transfer it to another profile.

If it's a dated ticket, depending on the original dates it may need to be upgraded to your Nov. dates to be able to even make park reservations. That may or may not require an additional charge.
thanks- it's an older undated ticket (now known as treasure lol) so I can use it to my profile,and later use that one day ticket, and can transfer the (still unused) 5 day to another profile name if I wish? (and do I need to prioritize the one day to be sure the correct ticket is used?)

If both tickets remain on the same profile, you will need to have the 1-day prioritized. But if you transfer the 5-day to an extra profile -- or a member of your family who won't be with you -- no need to prioritize.

booked a last moment trip for mid october...excited to get back...likely not doing park hopper.
with single day ticket, can you enter and then re-enter the same park under the same reservation each day?
IE. go to MK at 8am....break back at bay lake towers midday and then reenter a few hours later to MK?
thanks so much! lots to plan and clock ticking...figured easier to ask than hunt around for the answer.

According to guest services:
1 - Yes. It is recommended that I upgrade the last day of the multi-day ticket AFTER I have entered the park (10/3 in my case). I will get credit for the full 3 day ticket. The start of the AP will be the first day I enter the parks on the multi-day ticket (9/30 in my case)
2 - Yes. The reservations will be auto canceled If I attempt to do it before I enter the parks.

I assume now I wait to upgrade in Epcot on 10/3.

I keep hearing the same thing the more I ask…if I buy annual passes tomorrow I lose my park reservations for 10/1 at MK!…. so ridiculous.

I apologize if these questions are already answered . . . I tried skimming this thread.

We are staying at Coronado Springs for October 1st. We bought two 5-day tickets as part of the package. I plan on calling tomorrow to upgrade those tickets to APs.

1. If we upgrade tomorrow, but don't use the APs for the first time until October 1st, when does the 12 months on the APs start running?

2. Am I correct that if I upgrade our package to APs tomorrow, we cannot upgrade to Pirate APs and still use them to go on October 1st, since October 1st is blocked out?

3. How do I know how much of my package price will be applied to the costs of our APs?

4. Does the Florida payment plan costs more than paying in full? It says 12 monthly payments after a down payment of $205, but that seems to add up to more than the listed cost for each AP. Or does that extra cover the taxes?

5. Can you upgrade an AP to a higher level AP once you have started using it? For example, if we got the Sorcerer AP and then decided we wanted to go over Christmas, could we upgrade the Sorcerer AP to Incredi-Pass if it made financial sense to do so?

6. And if DW and I get the PhotoPass add-on, can we both use it even if the person who doesn't have it on their pass goes to the park by themselves?

Thanks for any answers!

Have a 6 day tix (bought from Disney) for Nov Thanksgiving trip. Now we are suddenly also going in October, so we plan to just upgrade to an AP.

1. Since this is an upgrade to AP, can this be done in advance of the first day of ticket use, i.e. Oct 21? Or will that cause my AP start date to be the date of upgrade?
  2. Depending upon the answer to #1, can an upgrade be done any other ways than phone or in-person?
  3. Staying on-site for both stays, so assume there shouldn't be any issues with losing park ressies or being over the limit.
P.S. I did read the stickies- thank you for those who maintain this section of the boards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter