Ahhh, didn't know that. So no need to order on line and pick up at park? Easier to just purchase there?
If you want to make advance FP+ selections, you would want to purchase online ahead of time. If you do purchase FL Resident tickets online, you will still have to stop at either a Park Ticket Window or Guest Relations Location to activate them and adults (ages 18+) will need to show proof of FL Residency.

Argh, I have upgraded tickets in the past with no problem, but all this new information is very confusing for me. I have a ticket I bought from UCT about 5 years ago that I would like to add park hopping to, can I use it once then add on the park hopping portion or will I have to pay the difference for the current price plus the hopper cost?

Also, I have a kids non-expiring ticket that has never been used, is it possible for an adult to use it at this point? My son will likely age out before needing it.

Argh, I have upgraded tickets in the past with no problem, but all this new information is very confusing for me.
1. I have a ticket I bought from UCT about 5 years ago that I would like to add park hopping to,
2. can I use it once then add on the park hopping portion
3. or will I have to pay the difference for the current price plus the hopper cost?

4. Also, I have a kids non-expiring ticket that has never been used, is it possible for an adult to use it at this point? My son will likely age out before needing it.
1. OK.
2. You CAN use it once before upgrading, but that is not necessary. It won't affect the cost either way.
3. You didn't say how many "days" are on this UT ticket.
I can't tell you the cost to upgrade until you let me know.
(The cost to upgrade will be the difference from the cost on Feb. 11, 2017 (yes) and the current price.)

4. You MIGHT be able to upgrade that ticket to adult, but it may be a bit complex to do so.

Whoops, it's a 3 day ticket. :)

OK.
Your 3-day Base ticket will be worth $308.85
Current 3-day Hopper cost is $371.69

So
$371.69
=62.84
It should cost $62.84 to add the Hopper to your UT ticket. (All prices include tax.)

OK.
Your 3-day Base ticket will be worth $308.85
Current 3-day Hopper cost is $371.69

So
$371.69
=62.84
It should cost $62.84 to add the Hopper to your UT ticket. (All prices include tax.)

Thanks! That's not so bad, I was expecting about $60. :)

I have a bunch of tickets purchased around that time that we planned to use over the next 3-5 years depending how many times we make it back, I can't imagine how it's going to work out moving forward. :crazy2::hyper2:o_O

Just clarifying since apparently the price increase is happening this weekend (per another post)...

I've got 6-day hoppers as part of a MYW package. I'm about 98% there to deciding to upgrade to an AP. Reading this from the post about upgrading...

If you originally purchased WDW Resort Package tickets
(as part of a "room -and- tickets" reservation)

If you want to upgrade, your cost will be the difference between the current on-line/phone-order price of the original ticket that you HAVE,
and the current on-line/phone-order price of the ticket that you WANT (the ticket to which you are upgrading,)
plus 6.5% tax on the difference price.

I'd be paying the difference between the NEW price for the tickets and the price for the AP plus tax, correct? Not the price of the tickets in the package when I bought them?

Thanks for all your help Robo!!

I have a bunch of tickets purchased around that time that we planned to use over the next 3-5 years depending how many times we make it back, I can't imagine how it's going to work out moving forward. :crazy2::hyper2:o_O

Agreed.

Just clarifying since apparently the price increase is happening this weekend (per another post)...

I've got 6-day hoppers as part of a MYW package. I'm about 98% there to deciding to upgrade to an AP. Reading this from the post about upgrading...

I'd be paying the difference between the NEW price for the tickets and the price for the AP plus tax, correct? Not the price of the tickets in the package when I bought them?

Thanks for all your help Robo!!

We just don't know.
Big changes in upgrading happened a year ago.
Stay tuned.

Ok. Thanks.

If I was going to get APs and currently had "package" tickets...
I'd be inclined to call WDW and change the tickets to AP... now.

I'd be making a decision in a hurry.

If I was going to get APs and currently had "package" tickets...
I'd be inclined to call WDW and change the tickets to AP... now.

I'd be making a decision in a hurry.

It's not 100% necessary for me to get it. I don't want to deal with giving up the dining package I have as I budgeted around those meals being pre-paid. If it's going to be too complex/too much I'll just keep my 6-day hoppers and plan out next year's pre-cruise stay differently (like without parks).

It wasn't like this when I bought them, too late now. :faint:

The thing to note is that if you simply want to use your collection of already-purchased tickets, AS-IS...
you will be many dollars ahead of the interim price increases.

It's only if you want to UPGRADE the older tickets that the SNAFU situations come into play.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter