You can still use expired tickets, you just need to pay the difference in price if there is a price increase, so I figured you would need to visit guest services to upgrade your ticket, then you would be able to use your fast passes. Is this correct?

To keep things clear (at least how I can piece things together,) a guest cannot "still use expired tickets," per se.
Those tickets (never used, but held past their "use-first-by" date) could not "still be used."
They can't actually be used.

But, what DOES happen is that the older, never-used ticket would still retain a certain "value" if the guest decided to buy a NEW ticket, and use
the "expired" (there's that word again) ticket's original value as partial payment toward the new ticket purchase.

Trying to keep ticket definitions straight:

For me, Disney has, once again, muddied the waters with unclear (imprecise) descriptions of their tickets and ticket policies
by adding in the current situation of tickets that "expire" (there's that word again) if they are never used but are
held by guests past the "must-be-first-used-by" date.

The words "expired" or "expiring" and "non-expiring" have far too many uses by Disney when naming/describing/defining tickets.

In fact, there are so many mentions of the words "expiring" and "non-expiring" in the lexicon of WDW tickets, I don't
really have the inclination to try to fully list and clarify them in one place.

So, as in the past, I'll try to reason-out and answer questions about these kind of things as they come along.

To keep things clear (at least how I can piece things together,) a guest cannot "still use expired tickets," per se.
Those tickets (never used, but held past their "use-first-by" date) could not "still be used."
They can't actually be used.

But, what DOES happen is that the older, never-used ticket would still retain a certain "value" if the guest decided to buy a NEW ticket, and use
the "expired" (there's that word again) ticket's original value as partial payment toward the new ticket purchase.

Thanks for the info. I guess I was asking the fp question prematurely. I was thinking that the first batch of tickets "expired" Dec. 2017, not Dec. 2018.

Thanks for the info. I guess I was asking the fp question prematurely. I was thinking that the first batch of tickets "expired" Dec. 2017, not Dec. 2018.
Yup.
Time flies, but in this case, we're still about a year out.

When will the ticket expiration date shift from 12/31/18 to 12/31/19?

My guess is that the reason for the expiration date is so you can no longer buy a ticket and then save it to use after 3 or 4 price increases. Therefore, they will only move the expiration to 2019 after the next price increase. :rolleyes2

Last edited:
:rolleyes2:rolleyes2:cold:

My guess is that the reason for the expiration date is so you can no longer buy a ticket and then save it to use after 3 or 4 price increases. Therefore, they will only move the expiration to 2019 after the next price increase. :rolleyes2
I think you are correct.

Yup.
Time flies, but in this case, we're still about a year out.

We have two MYW packages booked this year. One in August with 10 day tickets and one in December with 2 day tickets. We were planning on upgrading our tickets to an AP in August and saving our 2 day tickets. We're only getting the tickets to take advantage of free dining.

Currently, both sets of tickets are set to expire December 2018. I guess I will see if I can extend the expiry date of the December tickets on my Christmas trip or exchange tickets for tickets with future expiry dates and pay the difference in price, so that I can make fp's on my next trip.

We will be renewing our APs soon. We currently have the Platinum Pass but would like to upgrade to the Platinum Plus Pass. Will we still get a renewal discount if we upgrade?

We will be renewing our APs soon. We currently have the Platinum Pass but would like to upgrade to the Platinum Plus Pass. Will we still get a renewal discount if we upgrade?

Yes.
Guests can upgrade or downgrade the kind of AP that they have at renewal time and still
get the renewal price for the AP to which they change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter