Ticket Discounts for DVC

Hey there
I also heard that those members with a current gold AP can upgrade theirs for free to a platinum AP but this has to be done in person and before the 1st October?! Can anyone confirm if this is true and if so where/how you did it? We are gold pass holders and due to be home in 40 days so would go to a water park if we can upgrade our pass. No biggie if not but would've nice to have the option!

TIA

Hey there
I also heard that those members with a current gold AP can upgrade theirs for free to a platinum AP but this has to be done in person and before the 1st October?! Can anyone confirm if this is true and if so where/how you did it? We are gold pass holders and due to be home in 40 days so would go to a water park if we can upgrade our pass. No biggie if not but would've nice to have the option!

TIA

Check over on the DVC Mousecellaneous board, there's a big thread there about this deal and some people are reporting free upgrades while others are paying about $11.

I was actually thinking yesterday: "hope they have an AP Gimmick for later this year..."

And viola...it descends...

Now if Jade, wants to swing by...I can explain how my plan to limit disney/hold the line is going to benefit.

What's $11?

Some folks are reporting they were able to upgrade their existing gold annual passes to platinum plus for $11 and some change. I wasn't paying attention too closely since I'm a schmuck that already paid for a platinum AP but speculation is either it's sales tax on the value of the upgrade or either it's a previous price difference. I don't have much more information, I don't use the DVC boards unless I have a specific question.

Some folks are reporting they were able to upgrade their existing gold annual passes to platinum plus for $11 and some change. I wasn't paying attention too closely since I'm a schmuck that already paid for a platinum AP but speculation is either it's sales tax on the value of the upgrade or either it's a previous price difference. I don't have much more information, I don't use the DVC boards unless I have a specific question.

It would have to be the tax...the only reason it's so low.

By the way...this move says ALOT about their attendance forecasts and may indicate soft dvc bookings...which is nearly unheard of...

Anyone know if there's a resale glut right now? Seems an odd move.

By the way...this move says ALOT about their attendance forecasts and may indicate soft dvc bookings...which is nearly unheard of...

Anyone know if there's a resale glut right now? Seems an odd move.

Resale contracts are pretty slim right now, but it felt like there were a ton of sales earlier this year. I'd find a contract I liked, think about it for a day or two and it was already marked as offer accepted. Wait a day or two and another would come up at an even better price. But according to the buy/sell board it's normally few and far between in the summer. I guess start looking in November/December to see if it picks up like crazy again. The rooms are booked pretty tight for fall so I don't think that's it. I don't know the booking pattern all that well but I'm sure a look over the RAT would give you a good idea.

The 7 day ticket leads me to believe people are booking shorter trips and buying tickets from resellers or just not buying any at all.

Resale contracts are pretty slim right now, but it felt like there were a ton of sales earlier this year. I'd find a contract I liked, think about it for a day or two and it was already marked as offer accepted. Wait a day or two and another would come up at an even better price. But according to the buy/sell board it's normally few and far between in the summer. I guess start looking in November/December to see if it picks up like crazy again. The rooms are booked pretty tight for fall so I don't think that's it. I don't know the booking pattern all that well but I'm sure a look over the RAT would give you a good idea.

The 7 day ticket leads me to believe people are booking shorter trips and buying tickets from resellers or just not buying any at all.
I think you got it there...
...dvc members are not interested in being exploited for higher ticket prices. One timers don't realize they've doubled the price in 10 years...dvcers do...

I think that says a lot.

I'm guessing dvc annual pass sales are significantly down...and the tracking (rubber bands) shows a rising number of dvc customers not entering the parks...just a guess.

It would have to be the tax...the only reason it's so low.
The gold pass went from $549 to $559 at some point in the past year (I forget if it was last fall or this feb when regular ticket prices increased) so that plus tax would explain approx $11 to upgrade.

...dvc members are not interested in being exploited for higher ticket prices. One timers don't realize they've doubled the price in 10 years...dvcers do...

I think that says a lot.

I'm guessing dvc annual pass sales are significantly down...and the tracking (rubber bands) shows a rising number of dvc customers not entering the parks...just a guess.
Fascinating, if that is the case. Wefit this profile. We've had APs since 2008. Our last APs expired October 2016. We did not renew but we did spend two weeks at BWV in January. Never entered the parks. Our plan is to buy APs for October (2 weeks). We will use them again in January (2 weeks) and again in October 2017 (9 nights). Then we will take a year or so off.

Fascinating, if that is the case. Wefit this profile. We've had APs since 2008. Our last APs expired October 2016. We did not renew but we did spend two weeks at BWV in January. Never entered the parks. Our plan is to buy APs for October (2 weeks). We will use them again in January (2 weeks) and again in October 2017 (9 nights). Then we will take a year or so off.

Well...you just described me as well...

We had passes with no more than a 3 or so month lapse from 2003 to 2015 (the last good dvc promo)...gapped for about 8 months, had from 3/16 to 3/17...and are thinking maybe to do another starting spring of 18...couple of trips and another year off.

It's different...but beginning to see the advantages already. Big one is not funneling their price increase machine. The "free dining" era saw nothing but huge increase on everyone for everything.

The gold pass went from $549 to $559 at some point in the past year (I forget if it was last fall or this feb when regular ticket prices increased) so that plus tax would explain approx $11 to upgrade.

Yeah...that seems to ring a bell...

Still a pittance...but it makes sense now.

Hey, Andy...where ya been?

Decided to take a little sabbatical from DIS. I suppose I grew a little tired of defending my post as one of the resident Disney cynics :) Actually, it's been more related to increased travel for work, less time at home and something just had to give. My business trip last week brought me to LA, so decided to fly out early on Sunday and took some personal time in Disneyland. Needless to say, it got the Disney juices flowing and decided it was time to get back in the DISBoards saddle. Hoping to get back into my regular posting routine, as I have missed this place. I have been a casual observer from time to time, so while I've been on the sidelines, I've at least tried to keep my finger on the pulse of things. Figured it's time to break the silence and give you some help keeping the Pixie Pounders at bay pirate:

Decided to take a little sabbatical from DIS. I suppose I grew a little tired of defending my post as one of the resident Disney cynics :) Actually, it's been more related to increased travel for work, less time at home and something just had to give. My business trip last week brought me to LA, so decided to fly out early on Sunday and took some personal time in Disneyland. Needless to say, it got the Disney juices flowing and decided it was time to get back in the DISBoards saddle. Hoping to get back into my regular posting routine, as I have missed this place. I have been a casual observer from time to time, so while I've been on the sidelines, I've at least tried to keep my finger on the pulse of things. Figured it's time to break the silence and give you some help keeping the Pixie Pounders at bay pirate:

Well...you came back just in time...

They are announcing 13 new countries in Epcot next weekend...including Pakistan and the Congo...and new cartoon Omnimover rides for the other 11...

And a new moderate hotel in mgm that straddles rockinroller coaster...themed like the ewok village...

...and the audio track for the ride is going to be a new mix of "Yub Nub"

...good times:wizard:

I think that says a lot.

Yup, they're just like any company. Not doing anything out of the goodness of their hearts. I'll get 3 trips out of one AP thanks to that 13 month dealio. After that, we'll see. It's just a matter of who has the lowest price/most benefit. I do love the disney parks, relative ease of getting from point a and b. All the different stuff to do and see. But I guess I'm too cynical about badly behaved companies to really feel like they're anything special or above the rest.

You and me both sister. However, I did wait to renew hubby and son's AP's for unknown reasons and now, I have a reason to renew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter