Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Things that are funny...

1. The kids - the humor has changed over the years, but they still do so many goofy things that make me laugh and are the source of so many of our inside, family jokes.

2. The dog - Some of our dogs have been goofier than others. I think our current one is especially silly. She's smart...like if she had opposable thumbs, you'd expect her to use doorknobs and the microwave. Still, she just has her moments where all you can do is laugh...like how she equates arguing with a call for playtime. If anyone raises their voice, she goes charging across the room...finds a toy...and charges back to you with said toy- playfully snarling, growling, barking, and play-bowing. She's relentless...you must stop arguing and play with her in that very moment.

3. Comic Relief - While there is the charitable comedy event that goes by this name...which is a great thing, I'm thinking of those tense moments where someone's little tidbits of humor breaks that tension and makes you giggle (or more).

(Tues, 3/19) - 3 funny things you're grateful for

1. Comedians - I love seeing live comedians. That's one thing I love about Carnival cruise line is that they have so many comedy shows! I also love John Crist - he's a Christian comedian and he is so funny and keeps it completely clean!

2. Inside jokes - not to exclude others, but inside jokes are the best with your family and friends!

3. Old sitcoms - I keep telling DH we need to start watching some of the old sitcoms. I'm sure some of them are streaming and would be fun to watch!

Jerry Seinfeld: We grew up in the same town and went to the same HS, but I was 3 years older so I don’t remember him. (I did find him in a JV soccer photo in my yearbook) My mother-in-law knew his mom and she sent us an autographed photo. We also saw him live in around 1992. Definitely a family favorite.
When my dad passed, one of the memories I was grateful for was that he introduced me to humor. We were huge Marx Brothers and WC Fields fans in our house. My favorite comedians: Bill Cosby (before the allegations, but I loved his comedy albums and saw him live), Jonathan Winters, Robin Williams, George Carlin, Richard Pryor, Steven Wright, Elayne Boosler, Gilda Radner, and Steve Martin.
Movies/TV shows: My Cousin Vinny always makes us laugh. And we binge watch The Big Bang Theory or Seinfeld when we need comedy in our life.

I had a dog who could open doors - best one was the sneaky cat not only could he open containers - he would put the lid back on !!! He was a street cat for years so he had a lot of tricks he taught the dog several they got up to mischief daily while I was at work !!!
Nobody ever believed me when I said my cat could open a refrigerator. I once found a bowl of cream of mushroom soup licked clean and upright on my kitchen floor.

I had a dog who could open doors - best one was the sneaky cat not only could he open containers - he would put the lid back on !!! He was a street cat for years so he had a lot of tricks he taught the dog several they got up to mischief daily while I was at work !!!

Nobody ever believed me when I said my cat could open a refrigerator. I once found a bowl of cream of mushroom soup licked clean and upright on my kitchen floor.

That's amazing! I guess they learn a lot when they have to fend for themselves. Cats, in general, always seem more independent than dogs. I've only had dogs that can close doors or head butt open a cracked door. Our last dog once locked me out of the house. I stepped out to pay the yard guy...she charged the door behind me (she barked at everything at the door)...and she flipped both the lock and the child safety bar when she went up on her hind legs. The back door was also locked with the same kind of lock and child safety bar. My only option was the garage...which required the remote and then a key to get into the house. Of course, all of my stuff was locked inside...thanks to the dog.

My dog locked my pet sitter out one morning in her pjs !! I was at Disney ❤️🤣🤣
I couldn’t believe that other dog could open doors until I saw her do it - she also opened totes with snap push down lids and reclosed them just like that sneaky cat 🐈‍⬛! Again no one believed it until they saw it happen and it was hard to get it because they only got into stuff when they thought no one was looking . 👀 that cat got into a turkey once that I just took out of the oven to cool - I thought it would be safe as it was so hot - nope ! He busted into it and had himself a feast !!! I sure miss him !!! He was a very smarty cat !!! 🐈‍⬛

That's amazing! I guess they learn a lot when they have to fend for themselves. Cats, in general, always seem more independent than dogs. I've only had dogs that can close doors or head butt open a cracked door. Our last dog once locked me out of the house. I stepped out to pay the yard guy...she charged the door behind me (she barked at everything at the door)...and she flipped both the lock and the child safety bar when she went up on her hind legs. The back door was also locked with the same kind of lock and child safety bar. My only option was the garage...which required the remote and then a key to get into the house. Of course, all of my stuff was locked inside...thanks to the dog.
I’m sure it wasn’t then, but it makes a funny story now. Still, I didn’t want to put a laughing emoji

My dog locked my pet sitter out one morning in her pjs !! I was at Disney ❤️🤣🤣
I couldn’t believe that other dog could open doors until I saw her do it - she also opened totes with snap push down lids and reclosed them just like that sneaky cat 🐈‍⬛! Again no one believed it until they saw it happen and it was hard to get it because they only got into stuff when they thought no one was looking . 👀 that cat got into a turkey once that I just took out of the oven to cool - I thought it would be safe as it was so hot - nope ! He busted into it and had himself a feast !!! I sure miss him !!! He was a very smarty cat !!! 🐈‍⬛
I miss mine too, even though it’s been many years. He was so smart and such a comfort to me when my 1st marriage ended. He would wake me up by jumping up on my dresser and very slowly moving something breakable a little bit at a time until I got out of bed and fed him. When he wanted a drink, he would jump up on the edge of the bathroom sink and wait for me to turn the water on. He would bat at it towards his mouth.
I really think that people associate obedience and the ability to learn tricks with intelligence and that is why cats are not considered as smart as dogs. I guess it’s just a different kind of smarts.

I’m sure it wasn’t then, but it makes a funny story now. Still, I didn’t want to put a laughing emoji

Yeah, I was not very happy with her that day. There was a language barrier with the yard guy, so I couldn't use his phone and my elderly neighbors...nice as they were, were nervous about everyone. They even asked if my dog (which they'd seen many times) was roaming free and wearing an army vest. It seemed bizarre at the time, but I saw that vest wearing dog the next day. They let me use their cordless landline from their front porch. DH texted my boss and I sat outside for several hours. It's funny now, but I was so angry.

Ha ha that cat would do the same thing if you would not get up at 3 or 4 AM to feed him oh the howling then he jump up and start knocking things over until you get up and fed him howling the whole time just meowing and he was a wildcat because he was 20 pounds For a 20 pound cat he was the quietest mover ever I had a little 10 pound cat sounded like a thundering herd every time he moved but my 20 band cat whisper quiet he could jump off the refrigerator and you wouldn’t hear a noise 10 pound cat walk across the room sound like an earthquake 🤣🤣🤣
A friend of mine taught her cat how to do tricks and high five !! I just wanted to teach my cat to do that I have yet to be able to teach a cat to do that !! But you can teach cats tricks and get them to do things not all cats but some cats!! 🐈 🐈‍⬛ I always thought I was a dog person and I much prefer dogs but I like cats a lot and I miss mine - kind of looking for another one - waiting to see if the cat distribution system gives me one you never know

Funny:

Another vote for Robin Williams - He left so many laughs floating around in this world.

Funny animal videos on YouTube/Instagram/etc. - an instant pick-me-up available whenever you want.

My DS - He's had a witty sense of humor since he was really little, and is so fun to be around.

Spring:

☀️ More sunshine!!! ☀️

🌺 🌸 pretty flowers 🌸 🌺

Starting walks with my neighbor again. 👟👟

Happy HUMP Day :wave:

#1 - Trees getting buds on them - it’s so nice to see everything start to turn green again

#2 - Daffodils & Tulips - I love seeing them pop up everywhere

#3 - Lighter jackets (eventually) - Not today for me, it’s only going to be a high of 39 degrees.

#4 (bonus) - Easter - The greatest celebration for most Christians (it is for me).

Spring...

I love the color of the leaves in spring. Such a bright, delicate shade of green with a tad of yellow, maybe, thrown in. When the leaves start coming out, I take a road trip down the highway, just to enjoy the color of the spring leaves.

Warmer weather to come. We had a mild winter (which in terms of climate change is worrying, although I sure didn't mind not shoveling tons of snow) but it's still cold overnight. Our daytime highs right now are in the low 40s and there's not a flake of snow to be seen anywhere. It's still cold, but it's getting better all the time! This works for me.

Flowers. I love spring flowers from bulbs. Such a pretty show after a dreary winter. Of course, my daffodils are up about 4" now, WAY too soon, and if we get one "last hurrah" of winter, I'm not sure what'll happen to them... but spring is definitely on its way!

Living in a warm climate, seasons aren't as obvious and spring always comes early. The pollen and budding season started for us in late January. The trees that did lose their leaves for "winter" are already full of green leaves. So, I have to look to other cues...

1. The baby animals- as one would expect, with spring coming early, so do the baby animals. Today, my birdie camera was full of early morning activity. This morning, instead of routine parental feeding and cleaning, I saw fledglings taking flight for the first time and coming back with their own breakfast...under the watchful eyes of mom and dad. So, I guess the start of spring equates to the first round of young adult birds 🤣

2. Spring Concerts- While I love a good holiday concert, spring is typically when we get to hear the challenging music since it's competition season. While they did a jazzy sort of thing in the fall, spring is also pop show, meaning we get the fun show with all of the Broadway and pop style acts. On one hand, I'm disappointed that DD17s choir director never touches any of the music I've performed, but it's exciting to hear new things.

3. Temps Rise for Softball- It can still get chilly at night, but we're usually past the need for heaters and blankets come spring. While DDs bat preferences aren't the models notorious for cracking, it's always nice to get past the temps where it puts all composite bats at risk. Still, we'll be complaining about the heat in probably just a few weeks. We've already hit 90 twice this winter and 90s become pretty common by April.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter