Three Things...Gratitude Thread

Hearing my DGD yell “Grandma!” when we pick her up from school

The silence of a heavy snow when it stops and you first walk outside. I don’t know how to describe this, but it is so quiet and somehow it is almost like pressure on the eardrums

I have to include Disney park music as I pretty much listen to it every day and have been for years. Very grateful for the YouTube videos of older park music, like The Living Seas, the original Epcot entrance music, and the Character Grove (acoustic guitar) music from AK.

Saturday- 3 books
1. The Virgin River book series by Robyn Carr.
2. The Sweet Magnolias book series by Sheryl Woods
3. The Harry Potter book series.

Loved them all!

Sunday- 3 sounds
1. My little boys voice.
2. Country music on the radio.
3. People splashing in the pool in my backyard.

3(ish!) Sounds I appreciate 👂

The gentle whir of a ceiling fan.

It's, generally, very quiet around here, but, very occasionally, at night I can hear a vehicle in the distance humming by. For some reason, I find that very comforting from bed!! I think it stems from childhood.

Water --- splashing, rushing by, falling... Do you think we are hardwired to relate to that?

Music. The radio. Music.

Round here we hear a lot of wood pigeons cooing and, at night, owls hooting.. I wish I could catch a glimpse of those owls.

The adaptation on Masterpiece Theater has been a success!

I am rereading his books. I’m on “All Things Wise and Wondeful” now. Telling about his time in Royal Air Force in WWII.

What I hadn’t known was that Herriot wasn’t his name, just how he wrote the books!
I've not read the books; I watched the original TV series years ago.

Is Tricki Woo still there?! :dog: 😃

We get a lot of American TV over here (which I love), still, it's nice to know you share in some of ours, too.

I've not read the books; I watched the original TV series years ago.

Is Tricki Woo still there?! :dog: 😃

We get a lot of American TV over here (which I love), still, it's nice to know you share in some of ours, too.
Yes to Tricki Woo!

I like the series about Sister Boniface, Father Brown, and I binge watched the last series of Call the Midwife after it was mentioned on Disboards. loved Doc Martin, and if it had to end, I think the ending was just right!

Yes to Tricki Woo!

I like the series about Sister Boniface, Father Brown, and I binge watched the last series of Call the Midwife after it was mentioned on Disboards. loved Doc Martin, and if it had to end, I think the ending was just right!
These make me think you might enjoy Lark Rise to Candleford, if you can find it. Oh, and Foyle's War, if you like a bit more of a murder mystery.

Happy Sunday Everyone! :wave:

#1 - My girls laughing together - it used to be music to my ears. I would sometimes just stand there and listen to them because it gave me such joy.

#2 - The sounds of outside - I love listening to ALL the sounds of outside on a nice day. I’m listening to them now with the windows open.

#3 - My DD20’s ringtone on my phone - I love when she calls and FaceTimes me.

That "noise" in the house when nobody is home. Sure, it can be quiet when everyone is in their rooms, but there is something different about the solitude when everyone is away/out and peace settles over the kingdom!
How true is this!
This will happen in the afternoon at times. Getting home from work, sitting on the couch, putting my feet up on the coffee table and then realizing I have the whole house to myself with just our two puppers sitting next to me. The calm and quietness is amazing.
Cheers to you leebee, may we continue to enjoy these "noisy moments" but also love the moments when there is real noise in the house.

1. Disney sounds/music - I’ve been watching some behind the scenes stuff on D+ lately and it’s funny how the bits of music and park audio evokes so much happiness. Most recently... "wildest ride in the WILDERNESS!!!"
2. Louisville Slugger Xeno bat hitting the ball - This is DD15s favorite. She made the shift to travel ball at 9 and this was her first upgraded bat....which ended becoming her all around favorite. Over time, you get to know the sounds of different bat brands and models and we can hear when it's a Xeno. No matter who is swinging it, I think of DD whenever I hear one make contact with a ball.
3. Mountain Bluebirds - I haven't seen many on recent trips to the Rockies, but I can hear them. DH bought me a singing plush back in 2005 and the song is pretty much engraved in my mind.

Good Morning everyone :grouphug:

I will forever be grateful I finally listened to God's call years ago and joined His choir at church. God willing I would love to rejoin this choir or be part of a new church choir in the future.

Blessing during this pandemic of completely changing my life for the healthier and better. Simple joy. Forever I choose Jesus. Being thankful no matter what and of course cherishing time with my dad. Grateful for all of you too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter