Three Things...Gratitude Thread

I could list hundreds !!! I love reading
Stephen King alone I could go on for pages !!! I really enjoyed the Holly series those books were really good! And I’ve noticed throughout a lot of his books he mentions the same places in the same types of things he thread him through a lot of his books! Pet Cemetery is another favorite of mine I have probably read that five times!! You can just taste the grit in her mouth the way he writes it it is just so he just brings you into the books! He’s just more old time a favorite writer!!
The girl with the dragon tattoo those series are really good too!!

It snowed this morning! 😲🌨️❄️ Which was a bit of a shock. Isn't it supposed to spring?! It turned to sleet later on, but it's all white on higher ground.

Books.

Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. (I share them with my mum, which makes them even better.)

The All-of-a-Kind Family book series. (I must have got these on vacation in the US when I was little. I just remember really enjoying them.)

Little Women series of books. (Classic to me now, of course, but when you first read them...)

Special mention to Where is the Green Parrot? Ponda & William. Harlen Coben's thrillers (the ultimate page turners!) And Lisa Scottoline and Linwood Barclay.

Totally impossible to limit it to 3 books! Categories, maybe, but individual books? ARRRGH!!

Harry Potter series. Love the books, and I'm OK with the movies (because no movie is ever as good as the books). Not only did I enjoy reading the books- and reading them to DD- but I love how they brought generations of families together, all sitting around the living room, discussing the SAME BOOK. How often does that happen?

Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series. I like them for the humor, the characters, and the well-written, light stories.

Mystery series- Alex Delaware (Jonathan Kellerman), Alex Cross (James Patterson), Jack Reacher (Lee Child), Faye Kellerman's Decker/Lazarus series.

Growing up, I was addicted to the Trixie Belden series. I also read Donna Parker quite avidly. Let's see, what else... The Tuckers, Nurses Three... Not such a big Nancy Drew fan, though.

I can’t say enough great things about the Harry Potter books !! How I brought so many kids to reading this just mind blowing amazing!! I can’t think of any other books that I’ve done that for that kind of a generation our generation sure but our kids generation no
Those books she carried those characters perfectly through those books I don’t know how she did it but she did an amazing job I absolutely enjoy those books beyond belief and you are so correct they are great because the adults read them the kids read them what other books series besides only when I can think of his little house on the Prairie and it didn’t even come close to having that kind of a cult following that Harry Potter did
I will admit I loved little house on the Prairie books but my kids could’ve cared less but they absolutely loved Harry Potter
Now they love Game of Thrones TV show showed no desire to read the books and the books are a bit different from the show which just goes to show you how awesome Harry Potter is!! in Harry Potter is still strong today not quite as strong as it was but it’s still doing very well!! And think this all started back in 1998 in the United States - over 25 years ago just amazing❤️❤️❤️

I didn't know the James Herriot books made it over to the US! :thumbsup2
The adaptation on Masterpiece Theater has been a success!

I am rereading his books. I’m on “All Things Wise and Wondeful” now. Telling about his time in Royal Air Force in WWII.

What I hadn’t known was that Herriot wasn’t his name, just how he wrote the books!

Another vote for the Harry Potter series! My niece got me into them around the time the 3rd or 4th one was coming out, when she wanted the pre-order for her birthday. By way of explanation, she loaned me the earlier ones she already had, and I was hooked. :wizard:

Atomic Habits, by James Clear - I'm super grateful for how much I've learned from this book, and I recommend it to people a lot!

A Lift-the-Flap Dragons book I used to read to DS when he was little, and where it came from. - I was a rep for Usborne Books for a while, staffing booths at craft fairs and things like that. I had a blast and got a lot of great books for him!

Another vote for the Harry Potter series! My niece got me into them around the time the 3rd or 4th one was coming out, when she wanted the pre-order for her birthday. By way of explanation, she loaned me the earlier ones she already had, and I was hooked. :wizard:

Atomic Habits, by James Clear - I'm super grateful for how much I've learned from this book, and I recommend it to people a lot!

A Lift-the-Flap Dragons book I used to read to DS when he was little, and where it came from. - I was a rep for Usborne Books for a while, staffing booths at craft fairs and things like that. I had a blast and got a lot of great books for him!
I love Usborne books!!

How Harry Potter entered my life: I was tutoring a girl who had just gotten the 2nd book. I was curious and she lent me her copy of the 1st one. I was hooked! Try as I might, I couldn’t convince her of the correct pronunciation of Hermione. She insisted on calling her Hermy- own

Growing up, I was addicted to the Trixie Belden series. I also read Donna Parker quite avidly. Let's see, what else... The Tuckers, Nurses Three... Not such a big Nancy Drew fan, though.
I loved Trixie Belden books. I think of her almost every time I dust. It was one of her chores and she never did it well—I think the term they used was “a lick and a promise”. When I am dusting I think to myself—do I have time to do a good thorough job—lifting each item, wiping it down or am a going to give it the Trixie Belden treatment—just briefly pass around each item. Do you recall her friend’s name? I think it started with a “C”—something like Connie or Corinne—I don’t think either of those is it though.

I just googled it as I have not read these per Google it says the name was Madeleine G Honey Wheeler who was a next door neighbor - the Wheelers had a maid named Claire mane that’s where you are getting the C name ??

I was reading the cast of characters for the books and Madeline was listed as her best friend

DD's voice. It means she's here!
Rain on the leaves and streets- a good rainstorm!
That "noise" in the house when nobody is home. Sure, it can be quiet when everyone is in their rooms, but there is something different about the solitude when everyone is away/out and peace settles over the kingdom!

Sounds:
1. I like the sounds of the snow plows. Not sure why, might go back to being a kid and realizing if there was enough snow to plow we were probably going to get a delay.
2. Our dog has a Christmas collar with bells. I enjoy the sound of her jingling through the house.
3. Middle DD brings her big rolling suitcase anytime she comes home from school. Even for the weekend. I love hearing the sound of it rolling across the tile/hardwood floors when she comes in (the dog loves it too). Of course I hear the same sound as she leaves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter