"This Stinks"--Terrible OKW Rooms/Check-in

Hi
I posted this the last time we stayed there. The maintain cue man told us the renters get the nicer rooms than the owners. We had a problem with the ac unit and they replaced the panel and he said when a renters call they put them first on the list for calls. Also the renters always get the newly redone rooms. That's not fair but that's what he said!
And how do they differentiate between "renters" and "owners"?

Daphne said:
Hi
I posted this the last time we stayed there. The maintain cue man told us the renters get the nicer rooms than the owners. We had a problem with the ac unit and they replaced the panel and he said when a renters call they put them first on the list for calls. Also the renters always get the newly redone rooms. That's not fair but that's what he said!

I wonder if he meant cash guests rather than renters. I could see resorts avoiding putting cash guests in "problem rooms", maybe even addressing maintenance issues for them sooner, but I'm guessing many owners do not even report the reservation as a rental when they book.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I wonder if he meant cash guests rather than renters. I could see resorts avoiding putting cash guests in "problem rooms", maybe even addressing maintenance issues for them sooner, but I'm guessing many owners do not even report the reservation as a rental when they book.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I was told by the points rental company for my July stay to specifically avoid saying that I was renting if I was asked when I arrived. I am supposed to say that I am a guest of John Doe, the DVC member. I thought it was kind of strange because the first time I rented points, it was from an individual and she never even mentioned it. :confused3

I'd like to stay at OKW in the future because I like it but I couldn't have done that 3 room song and dance with a kid in tow that late without it ruining the trip. Anyway, I hope this is not indicative of what usually happens there... :sad2: :hourglass SotS
No, it's not what usually happens..... At least not to me!

Owned at OKW since 2000 and it's still my favorite resort. We've stayed in pretty much all over, now we tend to request Turtle Pond, the kids love it. Sure, once we had a bunch of crumbs in the sofa bed and another time a leak in the guest toilet, (both taken care of quickly) but after 30+ wonderful stays I can't call it luck, for us it's the norm! We do however only book 2 bedrooms, and I've heard/read that the studios get the most wear and tear!

Better luck on your next stay, and if OKW isn't for you, there are many other wonderful resorts to choose from for your next stay!

Hi
. Also the renters always get the newly redone rooms. That's not fair but that's what he said!

Who's to say that's really true! When I make a request and I get my request, a nice clean villa in the location I wanted, time after time, I would question the validity of what he said! Maybe he's a disgruntled worker trying to stir the pot!

I was told by the points rental company for my July stay to specifically avoid saying that I was renting if I was asked when I arrived. I am supposed to say that I am a guest of John Doe, the DVC member. I thought it was kind of strange because the first time I rented points, it was from an individual and she never even mentioned it. :confused3

Your points rental company is violating the DVC rules. All non-owners who have purchased a reservation from a member are supposed to be identified as renting the reservation.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter