There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
:woohoo: 28 days:disrocks:28 days to go, getting down to the details. How is turn down service at Beach Club? Do I request it at check in? Daily? When and what do they traditionally do?

Just added 3 nights to the beginning of our trip at the YC! We usually stay across crescent lake at the BW, so I'm really excited to try a new resort in the epcot area! We are moving to the BW after 3 nights at YC, if we have bell service take our bags for transfer before heading to the opening of the parks, would they be at the BW for an early afternoon swim?

No
Generally bags moved resort to resort are not available until after 3 or usually 4PM

Movies on the beach was Frozen last night. Really funny , Elsa has just finished the song with The Cold Never Bothered Me Anyway, slammed the doors and the heavens opened. Q a hundred people running for cover off the beach.

I just stayed at the YC over the weekend. After staying at BC last fall, I decided I preferred the rooms at YC. I'd read some reports that they were slightly rundown, but our room was in great shape (not true of our BC room last year), and we had better mousekeeping service at YC. We were in room 3114, I believe it was, and it was a garden view corner room. There was a staircase right beside our room, and when we peeped out the door on the ground level, we could see the umbrella tops at a quiet pool. I went there Saturday afternoon, and it was nice and relaxing. We enjoyed our late breakfast at Cape May Saturday morning - I love their chorizo scrambled eggs, cheese grits, and Mickey waffles with syrup, whipped cream, and chocolate chips! My favorite place for Mickey waffles. Sunday we had an 11:05 ADR at Beaches and Cream, and it was delicious as ever. Since we were there so early, there was no problem getting a booth, and our server, Galina, was quite nice. Stormalong Bay was super fun, of course, and my three year old nephew loved the sandy kids area much more this year, and he spent an hour sliding down the kids slide. Wish we could stay there again in October, but it's to Coronado Springs that trip.

The only slight annoyance was when I left for the Villains Unleashed event a bit after 4 on Saturday afternoon, the clouds were rolling in and it had just announced that boat service would be on hold. I went back up to the room for a poncho and then to the bus stop, and every other possible bus came before the DHS one did (Epcot came twice!), so it was quite a wait. Good thing I went for the poncho because the rain blew all over under the bus stop cover and I would have got soaked without it. Bus service is hit or miss no matter what resort you're at though.

NM - yes Sunken Treasure would make the slide judging experience better. Maybe two would even make it much better!

Rebecca

Just back from BC and our kids are already planning our next stay there!

Loved the location, pool and rooms. Beds and pillows were so comfy. Loved the fact that we could walk into Epcot on a whim.

Thank you for all the advice (especially the tip about taking mug into world showcase to transfer adult beverages into - used this one a few times).

Helen

Asked this on another thread, but thought I should ask here :):

(due to recent reports of crowded MK buses from Beach Club)

If MK is an EMH morning with an 8 am opening and we are at Beach Club bus stop around 6:45 am :faint:, chances are pretty good we'll get on first bus that comes? Or should we walk over to Yacht Club to get on bus first?

thanks! 57 days!!

Based on my experience this past week, I would walk to YC. I don't know if that is the norm but that is what I experienced last week.

We are currently here at the beach club and having a lovely time, but my phone charger has stopped working! Anyone know where I can buy one for an iPhone 5?

We are currently here at the beach club and having a lovely time, but my phone charger has stopped working! Anyone know where I can buy one for an iPhone 5?

Check with front desk to see if they have any that they can loan to you (and let us know if that is an option)

natebenma said:
page 224-228

Thanks so much for this info. I was not familiar with this option.

:thumbsup2

Thank you so much for your input! I have a section on Page 2 of this thread that includes comparisons between the YC/BC and other Disney resorts. Would you mind if I put a link to this post there?

:)

Sounds like a fantastic start! Have a magical trip!

:cool1:

:welcome:

Never too late to be added to the Be Our Guest list.

I'll put you on for August. Have a fabulous trip!

:woohoo:

Sent from my LG-G2

natebenma said:
:welcome:

Never too late to be added to the Be Our Guest list.

I'll put you on for August. Have a fabulous trip!

:woohoo:

Thank you!! I cannot wait to try out the resort, even if it is for 1 night!!!

Sent from my LG-G2

Check with front desk to see if they have any that they can loan to you (and let us know if that is an option)
When I called the front desk, the guy I spoke to said they might let me borrow one if there were some guests had left behind, depending on who I talk to. When I went down to the front desk, the lady I talked to said I could leave my phone there to charge, but that taking a charger to my room wasn't an option.
Between my boyfriend and I, we have one working cord, so it's not dire straits, but if we could have another it would definitely be helpful!

If you want to charge your phone, I don't know if this is still offered...

http://www.wdwinfo.com/news/Theme_P..._charging_stations_added_to_Magic_Kingdom.htm

A couple of years ago, I forgot to pack my charger and charged my phone at a free charging station at the onsite Convention Center. I don't know if the charging station still exists, though. A concierge might know or be able to find out.

I thought that I saw phone chargers for sale this summer at one of the shops, either at BC, YC, or at the Boardwalk. It might be worth making a few calls around. You might also try at Mouse Gear at EPCOT.

Good luck...I know how it feels.

I've had to order chargers from Amazon and pick overnight shipping twice (once for phone, once for camera). Thank goodness for Prime and $2.99 one-day shipping!

Have the outdoor movies, for September, been posted yet? Thanks!

No. I won't have the activities listing until the beginning of September. The IPO used to at least occasionally send the activities schedule to guests staying club level, but I don't know if they still do that or when.

No. I won't have the activities listing until the beginning of September. The IPO used to at least occasionally send the activities schedule to guests staying club level, but I don't know if they still do that or when.

Okay - thanks!

Are you sure it's the charger?

I know that when I'm on vacation, I tend to be oblivious to what's happening in the world, so I'm not sure if you've heard about this:

Having trouble with your iPhone 5 battery? You might be eligible for a free replacement.

Apple said "a very small percentage" of iPhone 5 smartphones may "suddenly experience shorter battery life or need to be charged more frequently."

Only iPhone 5 smartphones sold between September 2012 and January 2013 are eligible, and only those that fall within a certain range of serial numbers.

Apple has opened a website that allows people to determine whether their phones are eligible. Click here to check to see if you are eligible: https://ssl.apple.com/br/support/iphone5-battery/

Asked this on another thread, but thought I should ask here :): (due to recent reports of crowded MK buses from Beach Club) If MK is an EMH morning with an 8 am opening and we are at Beach Club bus stop around 6:45 am :faint:, chances are pretty good we'll get on first bus that comes? Or should we walk over to Yacht Club to get on bus first? thanks! 57 days!!
I have always been afraid that I would miss the bus if I took the extra time to run over to the YC.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter