There is a new thread:* Don't post here* 2014 BC&YC FAQ *MAY-SEPT 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are very hard to come by. You would be better off watching for the general public discount because the AP discount wasn't really any better than the GP discount this year. Everytime time I looked the Epcot resorts were unavailable for the AP discount. And since the gp discount comes out first, you have a better chance at getting it. We booked the gp discount for the YC back in May and those discounted rooms at both BC and YC have been gone for months now.

Hmm, I booked through a TA so I hope she'll be on top of it.

11am and two Magic Kingdom buses come at once and only 10 people get on. And, five minutes later, here's another one.

Left Northern New Jersey yesterday for our drive down at 3:45AM, we arrived at Pop Century at 9:19PM 1195 miles door to door. Checked out of Pop and into the Yacht Club, we then visited a school for my son. Now we can start our vacation.

Our first stay at the Yacht Club, and the kids (DS16, DD11) both enjoyed SB this afternoon.
Whoa! Now that is an impressive road trip! Hope you are having a great time. Are you happy with your room and the resort overall?

FINALLY found availability at YC for the night I was looking for! :cool1: Had to book two different views but hey, beggars and choosers ;) Yay for Disney site stalking lol! So, we'll be at YC Nov 8 & 9, after CSR from 1-7 :)
Good for you! I'm a firm believer in obsessive stalking to get what you want! Lol :lmao:

I've used Garden Grocer three times now and I'm really happy with them. I can definitely recommend them. Have a great trip!

We have used wegoshop.com 7 times and I highly recommend them. Both are reputable services and each has their fans.
Garden Grocer has a minimum order - $40 I think - if that matters. wegoshop does not have a minimum order
Good Luck

Thank you so much! This makes it easier on us instead of going shopping for the food when we get there :thumbsup2

I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times but I can't find it. We are staying club level for the first time. I've read about the hot offering and cocktails but what about the other offerings for the kiddos. Just curious thanks

Hi all

I have been lurking in your thread for quite some time while I anticipate my arrival at Beach Club in 21 days for 10 nights. Our last trip was August of last year. This is our 6th trip in 7 years but the first at the Beach Club. We are very excited to stay here this trip.

I have a few questions I am hoping you will all be able to answer.

What kind of personal care products (shampoo, lotion etcetera) are currently stocked in the room? Brand?

We booked a garden view and requested a daybed for our family of 4. How likely are we to get it? We had no other requests.

What time does the movie on the beach usually start in September?

How old do you need to be to be in the pool area without an adult?

Tia

Hi all

I have been lurking in your thread for quite some time while I anticipate my arrival at Beach Club in 21 days for 10 nights. Our last trip was August of last year. This is our 6th trip in 7 years but the first at the Beach Club. We are very excited to stay here this trip.

What kind of personal care products (shampoo, lotion etcetera) are currently stocked in the room? Brand?

We booked a garden view and requested a daybed for our family of 4. How likely are we to get it? We had no other requests.

Tia

I hope you enjoy the BC. :goodvibes

The personal care products are the H2O Brand, grapefruit bergamot scent. Each room will have little bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash and hand lotion. There will also be bars of facial soap, too.

As far as a daybed, we had a daybed in our garden view room, and there was just the two of us. As long as you aren't on the club level floor, you probably have a good chance of getting one. There is no guarantee, though.

The movie on the beach in September of 2013 was at 8:30pm.

Children age 12 and under must be accompanied by an adult.

So excited.. Just booked 08/16-8/22 BC CL Lagoon/pool view :cool1: Let the planning begin :lmao: I am an obsessive planner to I'm sure this board will be veryhelpful. We normally stay at WL but since my parents are joining us on this trip we decided to do something different.

I'm sure this has been asked and answered many times but I can't find it. We are staying club level for the first time. I've read about the hot offering and cocktails but what about the other offerings for the kiddos. Just curious thanks

In the morning, there are several choices of cereal, yogurt cups with toppings, oatmeal, fruit, danishes, milk, bagels, and my favorite the plain croissant, etc...

There is fresh whole fruit available all day. There is also cookies, swedish fish, trail mix, and yogurt pretzels in the afternoons.
For drinks, there is lemonade, tea, soda and cranberry juice.

In the evenings, there are fresh made rolls, PB&J cups, apple slices and caramel dip, crackers, cheeses, veggies and dip,, etc...

And later in the evening there are desserts that range from rice krispies to cake, to mini cheesecakes and to the amazing Bon Bons.

There are a lot of choices. I have a link in my signature that has reports on our trip which includes some pics of the CL offerings if you are interested.

Enjoy your trip, my little grandsons love the BC and the lounge.

In the morning, there are several choices of cereal, yogurt cups with toppings, oatmeal, fruit, danishes, milk, bagels, and my favorite the plain croissant, etc... There is fresh whole fruit available all day. There is also cookies, swedish fish, trail mix, and yogurt pretzels in the afternoons. For drinks, there is lemonade, tea, soda and cranberry juice. In the evenings, there are fresh made rolls, PB&J cups, apple slices and caramel dip, crackers, cheeses, veggies and dip,, etc... And later in the evening there are desserts that range from rice krispies to cake, to mini cheesecakes and to the amazing Bon Bons. There are a lot of choices. I have a link in my signature that has reports on our trip which includes some pics of the CL offerings if you are interested. Enjoy your trip, my little grandsons love the BC and the lounge.
thank you for the reply. This sounds amazing. I know that none of this is supposed to replace a meal but seriously add a couple of snacks in the parks and that sounds like enough for me.

Do we have a Kimberley in group who is here now with husband and 2 boys? I have all her photos on my Memory Maker.

Not sure about all that but YOU are showing up in my Ladies room photo pass "stream"....

1505022_10204540235930956_984409693011848622_n.jpg

We were at Hollywood Studios today and yet again met a very dodgy character.

I know, right..... You run into the strangest people in the ladies rooms. I 'go' there a lot because it's my favorite ride at WDW. It's air conditioned and you get to sit down. Despite the fact that Disney is increasing the number of on ride photo opportunities... the ladies room ride does not seem to be on the Photo pass list, so we just have to snap one ourselves...:sad2:

I really enjoyed stalking, um, I mean meeting you and the family. I shall not be able to "go" in the Muppet's restroom with out thinking of our little meet. AND everybody is going to be jealous to know that I snagged one of those Disney Ribbons that you and Princess P made!

~NM

Oh No!

I just logged on to do online check in for our stay in 11 days ( 11 days....woohoo) and the room criteria for Old Key West are showing, not Beach Club. We were originally booked in OKW, but changed our booking about 5 months ago. My reservations state Beach Club, garden view room so I don't know what's going on.

I just sent an email asking for this to be fixed, but now I'm starting to stress. We're staying for 10 nights and would really love a full balcony so we can have a bit more space. I am going to request a daybed as well so my DD 16 and DD9 can spread out a bit, but that's not a biggie. I understand these rooms are reserved for families of 5, but you never know!

Any advice would be appreciated. I am so so so excited! I have one more week of work, then a couple of days to sort my house out into some semblance of tidiness (ha!) before we fly from Sydney, Australia to LA. We will overnight near LAX before continuing to MCO the next day. We originally booked our flights last November so for our countdown to be at 10 days is awesome.

Thanks for putting up with my rambling

Liz x

page 224-228

I don't know if anyone else is interested, but here are a few more details about my experience with Prime Pantry - the prime pantry shipping was $5.99 and my package was delivered through UPS. I placed the order on the morning of August 4, it was shipped August 5, and delivered August 8. UPS website says the package weighed 41.5 lbs. I don't see how that's possible, but perhaps it's true?

I thought Amazon's prices were pretty fair (under $4 for a 24-count case of water), so I don't mind the $16.00 upcharge ($6 for UPS and $10 for YC convention center fee) for the convenience of having our necessities hand delivered to the room. We really didn't have room for that stuff in the car anyway and I certainly didn't want to go to the store on my vacation time! I will probably use this service again in October when I visit.

Thanks so much for this info. I was not familiar with this option.

:thumbsup2

We have stayed at CSR and loved it. Last Year we decided to stay deluxe YC CL and all I have to say is that they are 2 different resorts. The YC rooms are bigger and the pool was great for the kids, me being one of them :rolleyes1, that we really didn't have the need for a water park. Also when the kids napped, we had the balcony to escape to for some relaxation. That in itself sold me. The only thing I missed from the CSR rooms was the divider from the bathroom sink area to the room itself. That was so convenient to get changed. We also loved the grounds at CSR because it is relaxing and just fun to walk through. However, with the kids YC wins. I just love walking to Epcot and taking the boat to HS. I hope that you have a great time on your first deluxe stay :thumbsup2

Thank you so much for your input! I have a section on Page 2 of this thread that includes comparisons between the YC/BC and other Disney resorts. Would you mind if I put a link to this post there?

:)

What a great day!! Flight arrived early, got our luggage and rental car in no time, and arrived at the BC at 10:30 after a quick stop at the liquor store....
We were greeted and taken up to the fifth floor where our favorite Hyacinth checked us in! Had welcome drinks and pictures with Neil, Vilma and Hyacinth, and our room was ready! Have an awesome view, full balcony, right near lounge and elevator! SO HAPPY!! heading to Crews cup for lunch, gorgeous day.... Will post pics soon:)

Sounds like a fantastic start! Have a magical trip!

:cool1:

Hi everyone!!! My first stay at YC is a week from today!!!! I can't wait!!! :)

Sent from my LG-G2

:welcome:

Never too late to be added to the Be Our Guest list.

I'll put you on for August. Have a fabulous trip!

:woohoo:

We actually loved our stay at AKL. We had a pool view booked but were upgraded to Savanna View. pixiedust: We travelled first part of the trip with my parents and my sister's family. She has two little ones (5y/o and 2y/o) so naturally they loved watching the animals. The pool at AKL was also great although it's not Stormalong Bay. Our room was very clean and immaculate and house keeping was accommodating. The staff was very, very friendly to the kids and we would definitely return to AKL. However, DS still likes BC/YC a bit better due to Stormalong Bay. DS said, "It's a tough choice between AKL and BC/YC. BC/YC has the best pool, and AKL has best restaurant, Jiko." :thumbsup2

Thanks for sharing your observations- may I add this to the review section?

So I have a new favorite resort! Just came back from our first stay at the Beach Club from Aug. 12-21st. We really enjoyed SAB, the short walk to Epcot, and the overall vibe of the resort. We did have a bump in our vacation due to the club level lounge construction. On the 6th day of our stay, and our rest/sleep-in day no less, we awoke at 8:00 am to hammering that was quickly followed by deafening drilling above our heads. We had to move rooms as we were told the noise would affect the rest of our stay. Although it was a pain to have to move mid-stay, I'm glad they fixed our problem quickly. All in all, I loved BC and can't wait to go back. Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Thanks so much for letting us know about your stay. I'm glad they were able to help with your room issue quickly. I hope they gave your room to someone like me who is gone from dawn to bedtime.

:goodvibes

i would love a large balcony for my first stay at BC. Is there one room type that has more? can you request them? Anything to do to improve chances? Does anyone have pictures to show how big? I'm obsessed with big balconies.

thanks

When is your trip? Would you like me to add you to the Be Our Guest list on Page 1?

The only category of room I know that has all full balconies is BC CL GV.

I think your best bet is just to put "Full balcony, please." as your only request. If you start putting other conditions on your request (4th floor, west wing), then you are restricting the room assignors of giving you a room elsewhere.

If you do get a room with one of the smaller balconies at checkin, and there is nothing available that day, if you are willing to change rooms later in your stay to one that has a larger balcony, let them know.

"I love big balcs and I can not lie" (Me too!)

Sorry for the earworm folks!

:lmao:

FINALLY found availability at YC for the night I was looking for! :cool1: Had to book two different views but hey, beggars and choosers ;) Yay for Disney site stalking lol! So, we'll be at YC Nov 8 & 9, after CSR from 1-7 :)

I'll upate your info on the BOG list.

Great lunch today, so nice to finally meet in person, Ninja & Janet!!

Jealous!!! Of them!

:)

page 224-228 Continued

In the morning, there are several choices of cereal, yogurt cups with toppings, oatmeal, fruit, danishes, milk, bagels, and my favorite the plain croissant, etc...

There is fresh whole fruit available all day. There is also cookies, swedish fish, trail mix, and yogurt pretzels in the afternoons.
For drinks, there is lemonade, tea, soda and cranberry juice.

In the evenings, there are fresh made rolls, PB&J cups, apple slices and caramel dip, crackers, cheeses, veggies and dip,, etc...

And later in the evening there are desserts that range from rice krispies to cake, to mini cheesecakes and to the amazing Bon Bons.

There are a lot of choices. I have a link in my signature that has reports on our trip which includes some pics of the CL offerings if you are interested.

Enjoy your trip, my little grandsons love the BC and the lounge.

There are several links with pictures of the CL offerings in the past in the Concierge Post on Page 1 (Post 12)

I'll edit in the link of my (comprehensive) pictures from BC CL July 2013- some things may have changed, but it should give you an idea of the types of things that are available. There are more links on that page with pictures from other guests.

Beach Club Concierge Lounge by natebenma, July 2013

Hi all

Tia

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list for September.

In a minute, I'll post a picture of the products that were in our room last week.

Sorry- not a great photo- not entirely sure what all of the products are- shampoo, conditioner, ??, ??

The September activities and movie schedule will be posted here in the first couple of days of the month.

Unfortunately, I have no idea how many rooms have daybeds at the resort. But making it your only request is the best thing you can do to get one. You may also request a rollaway cot if there are no rooms available with a daybed.

So excited.. Just booked 08/16-8/22 BC CL Lagoon/pool view :cool1: Let the planning begin :lmao: I am an obsessive planner to I'm sure this board will be veryhelpful. We normally stay at WL but since my parents are joining us on this trip we decided to do something different.

I'll add you to the Be Our Guest list.

Oh No!

I just logged on to do online check in for our stay in 11 days ( 11 days....woohoo) and the room criteria for Old Key West are showing, not Beach Club. We were originally booked in OKW, but changed our booking about 5 months ago. My reservations state Beach Club, garden view room so I don't know what's going on.

I just sent an email asking for this to be fixed, but now I'm starting to stress. We're staying for 10 nights and would really love a full balcony so we can have a bit more space. I am going to request a daybed as well so my DD 16 and DD9 can spread out a bit, but that's not a biggie. I understand these rooms are reserved for families of 5, but you never know!

Any advice would be appreciated. I am so so so excited! I have one more week of work, then a couple of days to sort my house out into some semblance of tidiness (ha!) before we fly from Sydney, Australia to LA. We will overnight near LAX before continuing to MCO the next day. We originally booked our flights last November so for our countdown to be at 10 days is awesome.

Thanks for putting up with my rambling

Liz x

Let us know what you hear.

I suggested in a prior post a suggestion that if you don't get a full balcony at checkin, let them know if you are willing to change rooms later in your stay.

Does your request for a daybed indicate a teen son and preteen daughter? You can also request a rollaway cot, which should be provided free of charge, if there aren't any rooms with daybeds available.

On our way to the airport! :cool1: YC here we come!

Have a spectacular trip!!!

:cool1:

My daughter and her family spent the night in Tallahassee last night and are on the last leg of their road trip today. They will be checking into YC this afternoon. The rest of us fly out early Wed (08/27) to join them.

Can't wait to be at my Happy Place again. We go to WDW fairly frequently but it's been years since we stayed at YC (my fav resort). :yay:

I bet there will be lots of DISers there due to the magical travel agency specials and maybe some new friends will be made.

I will be the slightly harried looking Pooh trying to simultaneously play in the sand with my 4 y/o DGS, and sneak in a Sunken Treasure. :beach:

Safe travels to all who are checking in/checking out this week :wave2:

page 224-228

Thanks for sharing your observations- may I add this to the review section?

Of course, Dee.

We are surviving the heat! Yesterday, we took it easy and had DHS morning to get some rise done. We did Toy Story Mania (2), RnR, ToT (2), Star Tours, and Muffet Vision before 11 am and jetted out of the park as it was getting too hot. We took the boat to Epcot to have a lovely lunch at Via Napoli and rested in our room. In the afternoon, the sky opened and rained so much that I had to run into room from our balcony. We had ADR at Flying Fish which was lovely as well and went to attend Villains Unleashed. We met many characters and once again rode Toy Story, Star Tours, ToT and RnR. DS really wanted to buy Villains Unleashed pin for his collection but the line for merchandize was over 1.5 hours and by the time we got to the line, everything was sold out. :sad: I felt like the party was somewhat unorganized compared to other parties I attended (such as MNSSHP or Christmas) but we had tons of fun. The fire works at the end was awesome.

It is supposed be our resting/resort day so we got up late and had our breakfast at Kona and Poly is their construction in full swing. :upsidedow I am pretty sure that after construction, it will be awesome but right not, I don't think it's worth it to stay especially with the main pool closure. The breakfast at Kona was lovely as usual and it's another scorcher today. Supposed to feel like over 105!:crazy2:

Enjoying a nice relaxing day here at The Yacht Club. The weather is hot but we are loving every minute of it. Two more days here then we head back to NY and back to school.

So we are back from the meet. What a blast with a great group of people! We actually just got back from the after meet dinner.

Meet and dinner afterwards with 12 great friends was fantastic.

What a great time last night! I already had met Dee and Teena, but how great to add NinjaMom, HockeyMom, Nettie, Robyn, MommyRosa, TaraK, and JanetMom to the list!

So great to meet everyone. I wanted to stay longer, but knew my kids were squirrelly.

Wow! What a fantastic meet. It was so wonderful to meet and spend time with Y&BC friends. Really truly a wonderfully magical time!

Rebecca

So glad to finally meet everyone last night...what a great group!!

Great lunch today, so nice to finally meet in person, Ninja & Janet!!

Finally settling back into our regular routine, after returning home last night from our six night stay at the BC. It was a wonderful week.

It was so great to meet each of you and to be stalked by others. Sorry I didn't manage to fit in time to meet up with others like Couchy and Pinkgirl, but am still amazed by the amount of time we were able to spend with the many great Disers.

Teena - congrats again on your award. I hope you are having a great (and hopefully cooler) time in Vegas with the girls.

Tara - I hope all is going okay for your little one. I'm sure you are glad to be back home with her.

Is this a rabbit?

E17FAA73-1A67-4FB7-8D27-CEED22410E1C_zpsihvzwgne.jpg
[/IMG]

We had one of these guys too. Maybe a rabbit, but it also looked a bit like a dog to me (maybe I was just missing my own dog.)

Loved your towel swans. So beautiful!

Overall we had a great time. Our room was amazing with no signs of needing refurbishing. The view wasn't up to everyone's liking (I'm looking at you Scott ;) ) but for us the room itself more than made up for the view.

It was hot, hot, hot! The heat was manageable but we did consume mass quantities of PowerAde, and booked in nap or pool time every afternoon.

I've got lots more to share and even an okay picture or two. I'll start my trip report at some point, but that will come after I get some laundry done, and after we do some more fixing up of our PC that crashed just before vacation. I realized last night that we lost our picture editing software when we had to do an emergency move to a new computer, so I need to get that sorted out before I can get fully into a report. However, there were a lot of overlapping trip moments this time, so I'm sure many of my highlights (the meet, the fire alarm, posters at DME etc.) have been and will be covered in others' reports.

Nice to be home, but missing wandering through the BC right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter