Themed rooms at the Fairfield

Glynis4

Mouseketeer
I'd love to know your experience with the themed rooms at Fairfield Anaheim. I got a great rate on a 2 Queen themed room, and I'm tempted to stay there instead of at Desert Inn. Some background - family of 4 (2 kids ages 11 & 8). We stayed at the Desert Inn in 2019. It was fine. Kids utilized the free breakfast but the adults did not, so having breakfast included is not a big deal. That being said, we made breakfast sandwiches in the microwave, which the Fairfield doesn't have in the room (I understand there is one available to use, but I can't see us making the effort to use a public microwave in the morning). Also, the price difference is approx $280 USD total (staying for 6 nights) for the Fairfield. We are coming from Canada, so the price difference is actually more like $380 with the conversion. For those that have stayed at both hotels, how much bigger are the Fairfield rooms? Is walking distance to the park the same? Do all the themed rooms have good views of the park? Are they all on the top floor? What would YOU pick with that price difference? I'd *like* to stay somewhere a little nicer than Desert Inn (the carpet was pretty crummy and we had water pressure issues with the shower until we mentioned it to the front desk and it was promptly fixed), but I'm also on a budget :)

We did not use the pool at Desert Inn, but it looks like the Fairfield has a hot tub which we might utilize. Going end of January.

We won't have a car, so parking does not factor in at all.

Thanks!

Edited to add: Recent tripadvisor reviews for the Fairfield have not been great, so any recent stay reviews would be awesome!

Last edited:
FFI is my regular go to off site. Predictably mediocre but reliably clean. Floors are a laminate plank type so no cruddy carpets. Not sure about room locations but the "Themed" rooms are just some Disney graphics on the back wall behind the bed...nothing worth paying for an upgrade over standard room IMO.

I love the FFI for proximity to the gates.

Was looking to book this on points but saw they don't offer breakfast. I thought all Fairfield's had breakfast. So, we opted for the Holiday Inn Express instead (right behind the Fairfield). Free breakfast with fridge and microwave in room. enjoy!

why not one of the other ones across the street from Disneyland on Harbor blvd, have you looked at the best western park place inn or the camelot in family suite?

Those floors are a huge plus at FFI. I was not a fan of DI. As mentioned check holiday inn, home2suites / Hilton garden inn, candy cane inn, Tropicana inn.

The fairfield inn is also our go to. It has always been clean and service fine. I agree the themed rooms aren't really worth paying for, but we frequently get upgraded to them on check in with our Marriott status. Watching the fireworks from the upper floors is nice, they are best seen from outside the room anyway. We like to watch them outside out room (we generally have an upper floor) on non park days.

why not one of the other ones across the street from Disneyland on Harbor blvd, have you looked at the best western park place inn or the camelot in family suite?
These 2 are the cheapest I’ve found - all others are at least $30 more/night. I booked desert inn for $160/night and Fairfield for $209 (average)/night. Tropicana came in close with their extended stay price ($219), but I was originally trying to stay under $200/night so I can’t up my budget too much!

The fairfield inn is also our go to. It has always been clean and service fine. I agree the themed rooms aren't really worth paying for, but we frequently get upgraded to them on check in with our Marriott status. Watching the fireworks from the upper floors is nice, they are best seen from outside the room anyway. We like to watch them outside out room (we generally have an upper floor) on non park days.

I had the impression from the Fairfield website that all themed rooms had a park view, but upon further digging I see they have 3 types of theme rooms - "theme room", "theme room on high floor", and "theme room with partial park view". So I'm assuming mine would not be on a high floor OR have a park view lol.

FFI is my regular go to off site. Predictably mediocre but reliably clean. Floors are a laminate plank type so no cruddy carpets. Not sure about room locations but the "Themed" rooms are just some Disney graphics on the back wall behind the bed...nothing worth paying for an upgrade over standard room IMO.

I love the FFI for proximity to the gates.

Strangely enough, the theme room was cheaper than the regular room when I booked, so that's the only reason I booked it!

Was looking to book this on points but saw they don't offer breakfast. I thought all Fairfield's had breakfast. So, we opted for the Holiday Inn Express instead (right behind the Fairfield). Free breakfast with fridge and microwave in room. enjoy!

Yeah it's silly, there is a banner on their website right above their hotel listings (which for me, Fairfield Anaheim shows up first, so right above it), that says "A Stay You Can Count On. Guaranteed.
Complimentary hot breakfast | Free Wi-Fi | The Fairfield Guarantee™

I had the impression from the Fairfield website that all themed rooms had a park view, but upon further digging I see they have 3 types of theme rooms - "theme room", "theme room on high floor", and "theme room with partial park view". So I'm assuming mine would not be on a high floor OR have a park view lol.

Yes, the one with the park view is usually what we get, It is facing the park but you still don't get a great view of the fireworks unless you step outside. The overhang of the walkway blocks the view. Some of the theme rooms are on the theme park side, but they are a side view. I don't think we have ever gotten a low floor, but my husband's profile has a high floor listed as a preference.

Yeah it's silly, there is a banner on their website right above their hotel listings (which for me, Fairfield Anaheim shows up first, so right above it), that says "A Stay You Can Count On. Guaranteed.
Complimentary hot breakfast | Free Wi-Fi | The Fairfield Guarantee™

There is not breakfast at that property. There is a Panera and a McDonald close. We usually grab something from Panera on our walk over to the park.

For Fireworks viewing rooms location is kinda irrelevant IMO since all the hallways are outdoors and on the outside perimeter of the hotel. Anyone can walk to the end of the halls on the upper floors. You just step outside for a few steps from anywhere and have a great view.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter