Theater Banning Men From Two Showings of Wonder Woman

PlainJane

<font color=teal>It was wonderful both times<br><f
A Theater in Austin is banning men from two showings of Wonder Woman. For that night they will also have an all female staff.

Is this legal? I know there are all female and all male schools. I guess, there are clubs that are gender specific. It just seems uncomfortable for a business to do it. It seems like it would annoy more men than make women happy, but maybe most women would disagree with me.

I'm also imagining any of my former bosses telling me I couldn't work that day because I'm a woman. It just seems wrong.

https://www.yahoo.com/movies/wonder...wo-women-screenings-guys-upset-191856800.html

Speaking of discrimination how does a restaurant like Hooters operate with out getting sued? The whole entire business plan of the place is to hire woman servers that well endowed...

We have one of those paint party studios where you bring wine and they instruct you on how to create a "masterpiece" and they regularly have "Girls Night Out" and "Couples Night Out." I don't believe they have ever had anything just for guys, but that probably wouldn't be a huge hit.

I think it's wrong! I couldn't imagine that going over well with many women if they only had men's night. I've banned my kids from this science camp that has one session for only girls and one session for everyone, where's the boys only session?

I don't think it's illegal. They aren't a business that is strictly prohibiting men for all of their business. They are essentially having a "ladies night" and I think that's been done many places for many years. Granted, the words "men are banned" aren't used, but I think most men tend to know they should stay away on "ladies night."

I don't see anything wrong with this for a temporary showing of a movie. I think it's kind of silly, but whatever.

A Theater in Austin is banning men from two showings of Wonder Woman. For that night they will also have an all female staff.l

Actually, the Alamo Drafthouse has taken the special showing national:

“We are very excited to present select, women-only WONDER WOMAN screenings at Alamo Drafthouse,” Morgan Hendrix, Alamo Drafthouse creative manager said in a statement emailed to The Washington Post. “That providing an experience where women truly reign supreme has incurred the wrath of trolls only serves to deepen our belief that we’re doing something right.”

“As a result, we will be expanding this program across the country and inviting women everywhere to join us as we celebrate this iconic superheroine in our theaters,” the statement added, referring to plans to hold women-only screenings in other states.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...nder-woman-screenings/?utm_term=.d5d66a50d79b

We have one of those paint party studios where you bring wine and they instruct you on how to create a "masterpiece" and they regularly have "Girls Night Out" and "Couples Night Out." I don't believe they have ever had anything just for guys, but that probably wouldn't be a huge hit.

I don't think it's illegal. They aren't a business that is strictly prohibiting men for all of their business. They are essentially having a "ladies night" and I think that's been done many places for many years. Granted, the words "men are banned" aren't used, but I think most men tend to know they should stay away on "ladies night."

I don't see anything wrong with this for a temporary showing of a movie. I think it's kind of silly, but whatever.

I've definitely seen events that were "ladies only" or "couples," but nothing that seemed like it would be enforced. I've definitely seen stuff that was promoted for women, so guys would be unlikely to attend. I think it's different when they are not allowed to attend, or allowed to work for that matter. "You need your normal shift to cover rent, too bad you're a dude."

They aren't banning men. That is rediculous. They are holding two fundraiser events that are for women only.

People are blowing this way out of proportion. They aren't even profiting off of the showings as all profits are going to planned parenthood and from my understanding these were show times originally offered. I'm going to Draft house on opening day and will continue to give this great movie theater my business.

It seems a little bit tongue in cheek. They even say they welcome those who "identify as women". I could easily imagine someone cross-dressing like wearing a Halloween of cosplay costume just to get in the spirit. I'll spare you the images, but apparently there are lots of images of guys (some with full beards) dressed as Wonder Woman.

It seems a little bit tongue in cheek. They even say they welcome those who "identify as women". I could easily imagine someone cross-dressing like wearing a Halloween of cosplay costume just to get in the spirit. I'll spare you the images, but apparently there are lots of images of guys (some with full beards) dressed as Wonder Woman.

Identify as woman is to make it clear that MtF transgender also will be welcome. It isn't tounge in cheek at all.

Identify as woman is to make it clear that MtF transgender also will be welcome. It isn't tounge in cheek at all.

It still sounds like a biological male cross-dressing might meet with their approval. That's definitely on the "non-binary" spectrum.

Speaking of discrimination how does a restaurant like Hooters operate with out getting sued? The whole entire business plan of the place is to hire woman servers that well endowed...
They hire men too. I have seen(although rarely) male front of house staff.

It still sounds like a biological male cross-dressing might meet with their approval. That's definitely on the "non-binary" spectrum.

Eh most people who go to Drafthouse and would have heard about it before it sold out know what they meant. Heck went to a showing of Logan where you could not go if you weren't wearinf black and/or white. It was laid out point blank and you agreed before buying. Alamo does special showings all the time and I don't think they'll be stopping anytime soon.

They hire men too. I have seen(although rarely) male front of house staff.

I was just bring it up to stir the pot. I love being an agitator at the sexual harassment classes we have at our work. I agree with the premise that 99% of the discrimination that takes place should be aggressively confronted. Sometimes the discrimination is probably acceptable. I mean the majority of men are going to Hooters for one reason only and it isn't for the quality of the food. If they were forced to hire an equal number of male servers the place would go out of business.

It's because the women hired at Hooters are hired as models and can thus be subject to all sorts of appearance standards. It's the same with cocktail waitresses and such in Vegas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter