The WOnDeRs - Welcome to the Club -W/C 7th April

Are we gonna have some sort of point system to track how we are doing and who is where in our little competition?

First Thank you to Kim and Jackie!

Thanks to everyone for being here. I think we will all be a great support system for each other. I have loved reading about you all and can't wait to see how everyone does.

So me, I'm Kimmie and I'm from a suburb of Cleveland, Ohio. I have been battling being over weight for 27 years, which is exactly how old I am. I'm 5'8" and I need to lose a total of 80 pounds to be at real healthy weight. I have been a WW member for 2 years and 3 months. I was able to reach a total of 48 pounds off before I started putting the weight back on. I am at 16.6 pounds right now. I am both fortunate and unfortunate to have the build that I do. Fortunately I carry my weight well so I feel I don't completely look as heavy as I am but that is also an unfortuante. I really want to have lost 50 pounds by time I cruise in October. I work out 4 days a week. My real focus needs to be on will power. I can handle portion control it's just whats in the portion. A small portion of deep fried teryiaki chicken wings doesn't make it ok. Also, a one point bar from WW is only one point if you only eat one. I am very excited to be here with you all. I wish everyone luck in our journey. :hug: to you all.

Hi--I am Erika and I am in Maine. I have about 15 pounds to lose. It used to be more, but thanks to the WISH boards, I am down to the last 15. I have been stuck on a plateau for freakin' ever and it is really getting to me. I am doing everything right and still , nothing!

I am training for the Disney marathon, so I run 5x/week.

Hi Everyone! :wave:

My name is Melissa. I am a 30 year old high school history teacher and I'm also in grad school for my masters. So those two things combine to mean some very bad eating for me. I would like to lose 50 pounds total, but my first mini-goal is 15 pounds by the 4th of July. I am also single, so there is no one around to keep me on track. So I need your help! Looking forward to getting to know all of you!

Melissa

Are we gonna have some sort of point system to track how we are doing and who is where in our little competition?

Hi Liz - I thought I would report each week how many pounds we had collectively lost. I can also highlight the biggest loser of the week month etc.

I am certainly open to suggestions if any of you want top 3 highlighted - although as the weeks go on an weight loss stablizes it should only be 1lb /2lb per week :)

Hi Kimmie ,Erica and Melissa - Good luck with your first week as a member of The WOnDeRs :hug:

My name is Tracey and I am fat!

I am Slapwhitey's (Chris) wife. I have joined and quit WW too many times to count. Gained the weight initially when I was taking fertility drugs, have a medical condition that makes losing a bit difficult. But the truth of the matter is while those things are factors it is my own bad habits that help me maintain this robust figure!!!

I love food, want it when I am happy and when I am sad. When planning a celebration or vacation, its the food I think of first. I was doing good after my first marriage ended, had a personal trainer and was feeling great, losing weight and dropped 4 sizes. Then met my new dh and was crazy happy......see above for what I do when I am happy!!!

So here we are, following WW program but not attending meetings. I have dropped 8 lbs so far, as dh said he has lost 16. I must say it is easier with the two of us doing together.

In total I would like to lose 90lbs I think. I will decide when I am closer where I am comfortable at. 8 gone....82 to go. Honestly for me that number is just to huge to imagine so I am breaking it down in to smaller goals. My first goal is 32lbs.

Hi Lauren, Beth and Candis

Hopefully this thread will inspire us all to get to our goals whatever they are.

Wow Beth - you have gone through so much - hope the surgery has helped :hug:

thanks! i feel incredible after the surgery - i was an idiot for putting it off for as long as i did, but i was terrified of surgery and since it was 'elective' i put it off.
In the end it went from being elective, to if i didn't have it, i was risking sudden death (bleeding out - which i came close to doing in the two months prior to the surgery).
So i had the surgery, and i feel GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i felt great immediately after the surgery (despite the surgical pain) and now that i've begun to lose weight and get back into shape i feel even better!!!

If anyone in this thread is contemplating a hysterectomy or TVT surgery (if you need it, you'll know what that is), feel free to PM me to ask about it. Lots of people have lots of opinions about it (which is why i put it off for so long). All i can do is share my experience and hope it will be helpful in your decision.

Hi Tracey and welcome aboard :hug: It will be good that you and Chris will be in this together :)

Setting yourself small goals is a good thing as it is achievable and it gives you a boost. Good Luck :hug:

My name is Tracey and I am fat!

I am Slapwhitey's (Chris) wife. I have joined and quit WW too many times to count. Gained the weight initially when I was taking fertility drugs, have a medical condition that makes losing a bit difficult. But the truth of the matter is while those things are factors it is my own bad habits that help me maintain this robust figure!!!

I love food, want it when I am happy and when I am sad. When planning a celebration or vacation, its the food I think of first. I was doing good after my first marriage ended, had a personal trainer and was feeling great, losing weight and dropped 4 sizes. Then met my new dh and was crazy happy......see above for what I do when I am happy!!!

So here we are, following WW program but not attending meetings. I have dropped 8 lbs so far, as dh said he has lost 16. I must say it is easier with the two of us doing together.

In total I would like to lose 90lbs I think. I will decide when I am closer where I am comfortable at. 8 gone....82 to go. Honestly for me that number is just to huge to imagine so I am breaking it down in to smaller goals. My first goal is 32lbs.

I also gained when doing the fertility drugs, and I also have some hormonal things that make it a bit more difficult for me to lose weight. I just have to try harder. It's nice to hear that other people have some of the same issues that I do. Support is so much easier that way :)

I never realized how addicted I am to caffeine. I did make it through one day with no pop. I survived, althugh DH is missing part of his head. On to day 2

I never realized how addicted I am to caffeine. I did make it through one day with no pop. I survived, althugh DH is missing part of his head. On to day 2

Believe me, I was as addicted to diet coke as anyone. It was my morning beverage and every meal plus a few more per day. I lived on it and I have quit 95 percent. I notice (either real or just because I believe it) that when I drink diet coke now I tend to binge. This weekend we spent a mini-vacation in chicago and I was terrible. Diet Coke and chocolate...and pizza...but I'm back on the wagon today and doing good so far.

Keep it up, I haven't found any real proof about the diet coke/appetite connection, but there is some info out there and it seems true in my world.

Keep up the good work :hug:

Diet Coke is my downfall as well I am afraid - trying to cut it out slowly - dont think my family would survive caffeine withdrawl and pmt in one go :rotfl:

Do you have caffeine free diet coke in the USA?

Keep up the good work :hug:

Diet Coke is my downfall as well I am afraid - trying to cut it out slowly - dont think my family would survive caffeine withdrawl and pmt in one go :rotfl:

Do you have caffeine free diet coke in the USA?

We do have caffeine free, but my understanding (very non-scientific) is that both are just as "bad". Several studies point to it as a appetite increaser. Again, these "studies" aren't very conclusive, but it seems to work for me. I try to stick with Propel, water, and the occassional sprite/root beer type soda.

But wanted to see if it is too late to join in.

My name is Melody and I from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. I need to lose about 50 lbs. My DH and I were doing WW before Xmas and I had managed to lose 12 lbs (he lost 20). But once the holidays hit, I fell off the wagon with a resounding thud. I have since been unable to get back on the wagon - in fact I feel like the wagon is dragging me (like in an old western)!

I've never committed to anything like this and the thought of failure is very frightening.

But I'm going to give it a shot and try to get my DH to join on these boards too!

So Monday is the meeting?

I have DD15, DD13.5, and DS3. Not 4 in 4 years:worship: but kids in two separate decades. He will move out, and move me right into the retirement home. :rotfl2:

Yikes! You started all over! That's scary to me because I have the mindset that I'm done with the baby stage and if I were to have another it would take 9 month to mentally wrap my brain around it!:rotfl:

But wanted to see if it is too late to join in.

My name is Melody and I from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia. I need to lose about 50 lbs. My DH and I were doing WW before Xmas and I had managed to lose 12 lbs (he lost 20). But once the holidays hit, I fell off the wagon with a resounding thud. I have since been unable to get back on the wagon - in fact I feel like the wagon is dragging me (like in an old western)!

I've never committed to anything like this and the thought of failure is very frightening.

But I'm going to give it a shot and try to get my DH to join on these boards too!

So Monday is the meeting?

No Melody it is not too late - anyone can join in anytime.

I will start a new thread on Monday everyweek and people can chart their losses through out the week - whatever weigh in day is.

Sometimes putting it it writing helps to spur you along - you wont fail. Any lifestyle change is good :hug:

Morning all

Just started listening to the podcast over breakfast (all healthy to kick the morning off) and this group is mentioned.
My head is really into things today. I am a planner so I have meals planned out for the day, and *gasp* I have placed my excerise DVD in sight so I can't excuse myself. Yesterday I started measuring the snow melting against my buried bike.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Morning all

Just started listening to the podcast over breakfast (all healthy to kick the morning off) and this group is mentioned.
My head is really into things today. I am a planner so I have meals planned out for the day, and *gasp* I have placed my excerise DVD in sight so I can't excuse myself. Yesterday I started measuring the snow melting against my buried bike.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Great stuff Julie - I think planning the meals is a great start :) Good luck for the week :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter