The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

I love building 3 too. We stayed in building 6 last time and I think we're going to request building 3 in Feb. Building 6 is so big and busy. It's nice because it has an activity center right there but I think I'd rather just take the walk to get the stuff I need. Building 3 also has my favorite bar/snack stand.

Yes I totally agree, everything is so easy to walk to no matter where your room is, and the side building 3 is on just feels less busy and more low key. And no issues finding parking close to the building. Plus my kids love the waterslide at building 3, and the grills right out front just made it so easy. They just renovated 3, so when we were there in December everything was all new.

Hi,

We leave on Jan 10th staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek - 1st timers. My in-laws booked for us using there points. They said the reservation does not show the building or room number. They did request a larger room so I'm guessing we won't know until it's closer? My questions are:

1) If we don't request a specific location where are they likely to put us?

2) What building is the convenience store located in?

3) We are planning on using Uber - no car rental - thoughts? Is it a lot of walking just to get around resort? Two of us have limited walking capabilities. If we use Uber what Disney resort or park is closest so that we can get transportation around Disney.

4) What is the closest grocery store/walmart/target to uber to?

5) Any other tips for first t time

Was hoping someone with kids would respond but I'm not aware of any childcare offered by WBC. However I have seen other reports of folks using in-room sitting offered by third parties - Kids Night Out is one I've seen mentioned. Again I have no experience with this. I've also heard good things about Camp Dolphin (obviously over at the Swan and Dolphin) which is very near WBC. I believe a certain amount of Camp Dolphin time is comped with your meal at certain participating Swan/Dolphin restaurants (Shula's, Bluezoo, Il Mulino) so if you are just looking for a nice date night that might be a good option to check into.

Thank you. Just having names of some services is helpful. I will go look them up. I knew about the onside childrens activities centers that Disney offers but never heard about the ones at the swan or dolphin. Those sound like a great option.

Hi,

We leave on Jan 10th staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek - 1st timers. My in-laws booked for us using there points. They said the reservation does not show the building or room number. They did request a larger room so I'm guessing we won't know until it's closer? My questions are:

1) If we don't request a specific location where are they likely to put us?

2) What building is the convenience store located in?

3) We are planning on using Uber - no car rental - thoughts? Is it a lot of walking just to get around resort? Two of us have limited walking capabilities. If we use Uber what Disney resort or park is closest so that we can get transportation around Disney.

4) What is the closest grocery store/walmart/target to uber to?

5) Any other tips for first t time

1.) The times we haven't requested a building we've been put in building 3. The time we requested building 5 they put us in building 6.

2.) the convenience store is in the check in building.

3.) The resort is large especially for limited walking abilities. How limited is limited? Like will you be renting a wheelchair at Disney? My dad always rents an ECV for Disney and uses it around the resort also. I'm not sure where Uber picks up but building 1 is close to the check in building so you might want that.

4.) Not sure

5.)

3. Uber will pick you up at your building entrance, so no worries about walking to catch an Uber.

4. For groceries, we like the Publix at Water Tower Shoppes: 29 Blake Blvd, Celebration, FL 34747 - that is about 5 miles
There is a brandy-new Walmart at: 2855 N Old Lake Wilson Rd, Kissimmee, FL 34747 - looks like that's about 6 miles.

Here is a 1 bedroom I saw on Ebay those dates:
https://m.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-BONN...736561?hash=item25e8747671:g:NB4AAOSwA3dYfme0

There are other listing on Ebay the are around those dates also, but longer than just the weekend

Man, they must posted those after I posted here. I looked on eBay for over an hour! Thanks for that!

I emailed Michael over there last month and he said he was closing

Yeah, emailed him and he told me he is still in the business but didn't have anything available for those dates. Good to know he decided to stick with it.

1.) The times we haven't requested a building we've been put in building 3. The time we requested building 5 they put us in building 6.

2.) the convenience store is in the check in building.

3.) The resort is large especially for limited walking abilities. How limited is limited? Like will you be renting a wheelchair at Disney? My dad always rents an ECV for Disney and uses it around the resort also. I'm not sure where Uber picks up but building 1 is close to the check in building so you might want that.

4.) Not sure

5.)

Thanks. I think one us will need the ECV. I can probably walk it but it just looks like a pain to drag our bags from check in to the farthest building since we won't have a car (if that's where they put us.)

Thanks. I think one us will need the ECV. I can probably walk it but it just looks like a pain to drag our bags from check in to the farthest building since we won't have a car (if that's where they put us.)
THey do have Bell services so should be able to help you bring stuff to your room. They aren't the quickest though.

Are there any babysitting services offered by WBC?

I don't know all the details because DD was 1 and 1.5 when we've been there, but there is a children's club in the main check in building. I looked through the windows at night and it looked pretty cool. I think the hours are mostly during day, but not really sure. I'd call the resort and ask for details.

There are also several Disney approved babysitting services in Orlando. I've researched them before, but haven't used them. I really wanted a sitter to go to the water parks with us, but they won't guarantee you someone with an AP, and I didn't want to pay $20/hr+waterpark ticket. The service I looked into was Fairy Godmothers, but I can't find a link right now. Here is another link with some info: https://wdwprepschool.com/babysitting-and-childcare-options-at-disney-world/

Hey folks - so happy to be going back to Bonnet Creek Feb 3-10 (especially as we are coming from NY). Last year I schlepped myself to Target and just don't want to do that again. So I'm looking at Prime Now. Super excited to use it but if anyone has used it in the past, when do you order? We will be arriving at MCO at 2:30 and have a Sanaa ressie at 7:05 so there must be a delivery window I need to take into consideration, yes?

Secondly, what do you put for the address? I mean obviously I put my name and WBC's address, but is that it? I mean it's not like I'll have a room number when I order. Will it be waiting at the stroller area? What do they (Prime Now OR WBC, either one) do about perishable stuff? Gotta get at least milk and my daughter's yogurt.

Thanks for any insight!

Last edited:
I haven't done Amazon Now but I did use Dizzy Dolphin and they just left my order at Bell services, including perishables. They delivered it midday and we didn't get there until about 9pm and they kept everything cold for us. We just asked for it at checkin and they had bell services bring the groceries and our rented stroller up to our room.

We are staying in a 4 bedroom presidential suite in March. I can't remember what building/s these are located in. Also, does anyone know if they have been updated in the last 3 years? We stayed in one 3 years ago. It's fine if they have not, as it was very nice during our last stay.

I’m sorry if this is obvious and I’m just not “getting it” but is the parking pass required or not if you have a car? I see people have skipped the parking pass desk which sounds like a good plan to me but will we still be permitted to park during our stay without a pass? Thanks for any input! :)

I’m sorry if this is obvious and I’m just not “getting it” but is the parking pass required or not if you have a car? I see people have skipped the parking pass desk which sounds like a good plan to me but will we still be permitted to park during our stay without a pass? Thanks for any input! :)
Not required. We never had one and parked a car the whole time with no problems. We parked in the garage and in the lot in front of our tower.
The parking permit is a ruse to get you to talk to the timeshare people. We just never did it, and then when they called the room the first day I was just polite but firm that we werent interested and wouldnt be doing any tours. They never bugged us again!

Thank you! That is what I was hoping! :)

Not required. We never had one and parked a car the whole time with no problems. We parked in the garage and in the lot in front of our tower.
The parking permit is a ruse to get you to talk to the timeshare people. We just never did it, and then when they called the room the first day I was just polite but firm that we werent interested and wouldnt be doing any tours. They never bugged us again!

Well, we're going back to Bonnet Creek! We had a short resort centered stay in September, only going to the parks for one MNSSHP. This time we will be on a normal parks-centered vacation with my husbands sisters tagging along, and we needed the extra space that a villa would provide. A 2 Bed Deluxe booked through Vacation Strategy is half the cost of a 1 Bed Disney Villa booked through a point rental agency.

A few questions, for those that have a car, do you drive to the parks or use their transportation?

Favorite place for a morning cup of coffee? (I'm tempted to pack a small Keurig!)

Anything that's a "must have" that I should plan to bring from home?

Well, we're going back to Bonnet Creek! We had a short resort centered stay in September, only going to the parks for one MNSSHP. This time we will be on a normal parks-centered vacation with my husbands sisters tagging along, and we needed the extra space that a villa would provide. A 2 Bed Deluxe booked through Vacation Strategy is half the cost of a 1 Bed Disney Villa booked through a point rental agency.

A few questions, for those that have a car, do you drive to the parks or use their transportation?

Favorite place for a morning cup of coffee? (I'm tempted to pack a small Keurig!)

Well I can't answer the coffee question or the "must-have" one, as we aren't coffee drinkers and for BC we don't really have any "must-haves" outside of your normal vacation items, but I can answer the car one. We rent a car so we use our own transportation. I think on this board (a looooong time ago, before our stay last year), I read that BC's transportation is at a cost each ride and not the most reliable/not at convenient times. Last February we left 30-45 minutes (WITH a toddler! It's the only time we are on time with a toddler for anything, lol) before each park opening and never felt like we were too far back (maybe 100-200 people at opening at each park by the time we got there? This was pre-Pandora so I'm sure AK will have a much larger crowd now) for rope drop.

Yay! Excited for you. We always drive to the parks from WBC. The shuttle would be expensive for a big group like yours (it's a per person charge) and we want to leave when we are ready without worrying about a shuttle schedule. You might also consider Uber if you are flying.

We always bring our own coffee (and cone filters) as we have very specific coffee preferences, so the unit patio is my "go to" coffee place. I love early mornings outside in the Florida weather. Aside from that I recommend Joffrey's in the park. You can definitely bring a keurig if that works for your group. We prefer the big pot.

Must haves from home are usually grocery items, booze, straws, "to go" cups for coffee and/or cold beverages to take to the pool, toiletry items like pump hand soap that wouldn't be in my suitcase, extra laundry detergent, ziplock bags (for leftovers and all other unseen needs) and sunscreen. The WBC kitchens are stocked with the things I need there since we don't cook much in the units. You might want to bring foil and storage containers if you are going to cook.

Have fun planning!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter