The we loooooove Club Wyndham Bonnet Creek Part 4

Thanks BostonEd and Upatoon. Good to know about the tax - I didn't think about that. I'll ask VS about cleaning either daily or what we are responsible for when leaving (rolling up bedding, towels, etc)

There is no daily housekeeping service. You may be able to pay extra for some if you want it. I don't know the cost or details.

You empty your own trash in one of the trash chutes in each building. There is a sweeper in the room for minor spills. There is a dishwasher and washer and dryer.

When you leave, you just leave. You don't have to do anything. Some people leave a huge mess for housekeeping, others are more tidy, but nothing is required of you

Is anyone currently at the resort who cam comment on pool temperature? Pool/lazy river closings? Arriving this Saturday, and hoping we can use the pools comfortably. Think the weather isn’t going to be as warm next week, as it is this week, though

Not there right now, but I've read that the pool and lazy river at tower 5 are now open after refurbishment.

There is no daily housekeeping service. You may be able to pay extra for some if you want it. I don't know the cost or details.
Let's be clear on this. Are you certain there is no daily housekeeping service for someone who books through the Wyndham site? I think there is.

You empty your own trash in one of the trash chutes in each building. There is a sweeper in the room for minor spills. There is a dishwasher and washer and dryer.

When you leave, you just leave. You don't have to do anything. Some people leave a huge mess for housekeeping, others are more tidy, but nothing is required of you

Let's be clear on this. Are you certain there is no daily housekeeping service for someone who books through the Wyndham site? I think there is.

From the Wyndham website:

wyndham housekeeping.jpg

There are are a quite a few Wyndham websites. At wyndhambonnetcreek.com, it states "Daily housekeeping is available only on a request basis (additional charges will apply)."

The same thing is quoted at extraholidays.com on the Wyndham page.

Is there a special exception from some other booking method? I doubt it since timeshare resorts rarely offer this service. The Disney ones do when you book them like a hotel room, however, I was reading a complaint the other day that this is often "missed."

Anyway, if you are counting on it and think you are supposed to get it, I would call and confirm.

Wow, well that eliminates what I thought was the main benefit of booking directly.

Interesting about DVC resorts sometimes "forgetting" to stop in. I guess that's not surprising, if the housekeeping staff isn't used to daily stops, how would they know?

Is anyone currently at the resort who cam comment on pool temperature? Pool/lazy river closings? Arriving this Saturday, and hoping we can use the pools comfortably. Think the weather isn’t going to be as warm next week, as it is this week, though

We’re here now but didn’t use the pools. Plenty of families are using them however. We went to Tuphoon Lagoon though, and the water there was posted as being 75-79*.

I know this is a popular thread, but I am somewhat confused by this thread.. Bonnet Creek consists of multiple resorts, not just the Wyndham, I also noticed that only the address for the Wyndham is listed on the OP. Hilton Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria are also considered part of Bonnet Creek and I do not see them mentioned anywhere on this thread.. Did I miss something?

I know this is a popular thread, but I am somewhat confused by this thread.. Bonnet Creek consists of multiple resorts, not just the Wyndham, I also noticed that only the address for the Wyndham is listed on the OP. Hilton Bonnet Creek and Waldorf Astoria are also considered part of Bonnet Creek and I do not see them mentioned anywhere on this thread.. Did I miss something?

You are right, but this thread is primarily about the timeshare resort. It's there in that same first post albeit buried a bit. We have lots of contributors in this thread that have stayed at some of the other resorts at Bonnet Creek if you have specific questions. I'm sure you can get some help! Most of us drinking the "we looooooove Bonnet Creek" kool-aid have been wooed by the size and value of the timeshare units, hence the outpouring of "loooooove" and the focus of this thread!

Years ago, when this thread started, there was no Hilton Bonnet Creek, Waldorf or Wyndham Grand. It was just the timeshare resort and it wasn't completed. They built it up over the years.

Wow, well that eliminates what I thought was the main benefit of booking directly.

Interesting about DVC resorts sometimes "forgetting" to stop in. I guess that's not surprising, if the housekeeping staff isn't used to daily stops, how would they know?

The main benefit of booking directly for most people is trust -- many people would think I'm crazy to book a room on ebay or with a broker. We get questions on here all the time wondering if Vacation Upgrades or Vacation Strategy is safe -- companies that have been booking WBC rooms for years without complaint. We never get a questions if booking a room via Wyndham is safe. It's a big company everyone knows. Of course, you pay a hefty premium for booking directly.

Another benefit of booking direct is ease. You can check your dates, book and be done. No hunting for dates on ebay or emailing back and forth with a broker.

Of course, this is a good thing for people who book via the gray market -- it keeps the price down.

Trying to book something over President's day week (Feb 16 - 19). Vacation Strategy, Vacation Upgrades, and eBay don't have anything available. Any ideas on where else to check? I just sent an email to WinPointVIP but I'm not sure he is still in business.

Trying to book something over President's day week (Feb 16 - 19). Vacation Strategy, Vacation Upgrades, and eBay don't have anything available. Any ideas on where else to check? I just sent an email to WinPointVIP but I'm not sure he is still in business.
Here is a 1 bedroom I saw on Ebay those dates:
https://m.ebay.com/itm/WYNDHAM-BONN...736561?hash=item25e8747671:g:NB4AAOSwA3dYfme0

There are other listing on Ebay the are around those dates also, but longer than just the weekend

I emailed Michael over there last month and he said he was closing

Are there any babysitting services offered by WBC?

Was hoping someone with kids would respond but I'm not aware of any childcare offered by WBC. However I have seen other reports of folks using in-room sitting offered by third parties - Kids Night Out is one I've seen mentioned. Again I have no experience with this. I've also heard good things about Camp Dolphin (obviously over at the Swan and Dolphin) which is very near WBC. I believe a certain amount of Camp Dolphin time is comped with your meal at certain participating Swan/Dolphin restaurants (Shula's, Bluezoo, Il Mulino) so if you are just looking for a nice date night that might be a good option to check into.

Two questions.

We are checking in tomorrow but are already in Florida staying with family, so I wanted to get to the resort early in the morning to put in a room request knowing that it likely will not be ready yet. Does anyone know how early you can arrive to checkin for that day?

Also, does anyone have the current activities schedule? We are here for the runDisney races this coming weekend and we are looking for a room that is quiet since we will be going to be super early Friday and Saturday night. I know that there is usually karaoke and dueling piano some nights and I wanted to request a building away from those if they happen to be Friday or Saturday night.

Two questions.

We are checking in tomorrow but are already in Florida staying with family, so I wanted to get to the resort early in the morning to put in a room request knowing that it likely will not be ready yet. Does anyone know how early you can arrive to checkin for that day?

Also, does anyone have the current activities schedule? We are here for the runDisney races this coming weekend and we are looking for a room that is quiet since we will be going to be super early Friday and Saturday night. I know that there is usually karaoke and dueling piano some nights and I wanted to request a building away from those if they happen to be Friday or Saturday night.

I don't have an activity schedule but here are a few thoughts on quiet locations. Any building on a higher floor facing the packing lot would be quiet I would think, we have only stayed in building 3 because we love the location, but have had family in other buildings. In Building 3 facing the hotel and water we could hear the activities at the Wyndham Grand until about 11pm (we were on floor 5), we heard nothing but the garbage trucks early am when we faced the parking lot in building 3 (and the view was actually of a golf Course so it was nice). Building 1 facing the water (floor 4) was quiet when we were hanging out there later in the evening. Building 2 facing the water was similar to the same view in building 3 with some noice from Whyndham Grand, the parking lot view in building 2 was also quiet.

I love building 3 too. We stayed in building 6 last time and I think we're going to request building 3 in Feb. Building 6 is so big and busy. It's nice because it has an activity center right there but I think I'd rather just take the walk to get the stuff I need. Building 3 also has my favorite bar/snack stand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter