The walking dead amc #2

Just checking in to this thread. I thought the episode was good but could also have done without the confusing hopping around from one close up of Rick to another. Mostly though, after watching the live Talking Dead show and hearing the cheers and screams for Darryl I had to log on to say... Ladies! He has not been hot since season 2, if he even was then. Seriously, he's nasty. Ok if your character has greasy in the face hair as part of his persona on the show that's fine but no need to show up for the after party looking like that. Gross.
I never thought he was not. Has a rat race and greasy hair and is a little guy....nah. and he's not aging well.

I never thought he was not. Has a rat race and greasy hair and is a little guy....nah. and he's not aging well.

I think the same thing. I get the appeal, I do. Bad boy from troubled youth turns out good. But I always think he looks greasy and unkempt. I understand when he is on set, but IRL he is that way too. LOL! I just want to tell him to brush his hair. I guess the Daryll "do" is hard to restyle IRL. Kind of like Chandler Riggs and his mane of long hair.

I think the same thing. I get the appeal, I do. Bad boy from troubled youth turns out good. But I always think he looks greasy and unkempt. I understand when he is on set, but IRL he is that way too. LOL! I just want to tell him to brush his hair. I guess the Daryll "do" is hard to restyle IRL. Kind of like Chandler Riggs and his mane of long hair.
And he's pushing 50 so it's kinda time to put the grungy college kid look to bed.

The time hops were annoying. The fact that no one killed Negan when they had multiple chances to do so was frustrating. It's time for Darryl to have a haircut. I also noticed last night that he's not aging well. Perhaps the zombie Apocalypse is starting to get to him, lol.

IMO the guy who looks much better than Darryl is Jesus. The hair and blue eyes. Now he's attractive.

The time hops were annoying. The fact that no one killed Negan when they had multiple chances to do so was frustrating. It's time for Darryl to have a haircut. I also noticed last night that he's not aging well. Perhaps the zombie Apocalypse is starting to get to him, lol.

IMO the guy who looks much better than Darryl is Jesus. The hair and blue eyes. Now he's attractive.
Yes!

I've never thought Daryl was all that cute, but I've always liked the character. I think his character is a lot of his appeal.

For me, greasy hair notwithstanding, his eyes are too squinty. And I do wish the actor would cut his hair.

The timelines confused me a bit. I figured that the scene w/ Negan outside of his compound where our people were standing behind the armored cars happens in the very first days after last year's season finale. Michonne didn't go w/ them because as she told Carl, "Everything still hurts." Rosita also stayed behind as she was still recovering. However, didn't Rick get shot in last year's season finale as well?

And I can't figure out where the scene w/ Rick & Carl & the guy at the gas station goes.

Also, Judith seems to have aged quite a bit, even in the present-day story.

Regarding a gray Rick w/ an un-aging Michonne & Carl, I'm almost thinking that it's a dream or vision of Rick's - it's how he *wants* things to be - that "tomorrow" that he wants to start living.

And maybe why Rick is aged & Michonne & Carl aren't aged is because they don't make it into this "future" - so, in his vision, he sees them as they were.

And the close-up shot of his face where he looks shell-shocked & his eyes are all red-rimmed from crying is the actual future. And it all began w/ that scene on the flatbed truck where they rallied the people for an All Out War.

But I also was just wishing he would have shot Negan when he had the chance (he had a clear shot!) & I can't figure out why he just left him there.

Also, on last night's Talking Dead, something was mentioned about Gimple now "helping" w/ Fear the Walking Dead.

Regarding a gray Rick w/ an un-aging Michonne & Carl, I'm almost thinking that it's a dream or vision of Rick's - it's how he *wants* things to be - that "tomorrow" that he wants to start living.

And maybe why Rick is aged & Michonne & Carl aren't aged is because they don't make it into this "future" - so, in his vision, he sees them as they were.

And the close-up shot of his face where he looks shell-shocked & his eyes are all red-rimmed from crying is the actual future. And it all began w/ that scene on the flatbed truck where they rallied the people for an All Out War.

But I also was just wishing he would have shot Negan when he had the chance (he had a clear shot!) & I can't figure out why he just left him there.

Also, on last night's Talking Dead, something was mentioned about Gimple now "helping" w/ Fear the Walking Dead.

I also thought maybe Michonne dies. I don't think they would get rid of Carl though,.

I heard about that last week on TD about Gimple. Wonder if the ratings were slipping.

I don't think you can call these Easter Eggs because they were pretty obvious, but very cool nods to things in earlier episodes:

-Carol "looking at the (drawn) flower" on the highway overpass

-The frame by frame recreation of the beginning of the Season 1 episode (which that was Teddy Bear Girl a few years older, that Rick went after with the mallet)

-Carl's backpack when he left the canned goods for that guy

-When Negan said "you tell me Rick", which is an exact line of Shane's

Daryl has squinty eyes because he was in a bad accident and ended up needed a metal eye socket or something like that.
Yes, what was up with Judith? She aged quite a bit yet Maggie still isn’t showing? I don’t get it. Or did Maggie already have her baby?

So I will tell you timeline (I am comic reader) in spoiler in case you don't want to know....
so the gray beard Rick is the future as he that is how he looks in the comic, limp and all. They have a war and then kinda fast forward a few years. When they do, Rick has aged badly due to all the beatings he's taken. He looks old and has bad limp. His lover is not Michonne but Andrea, the show switched Michonne in for her. Comic Machonne is King Zeke's lover who I now think Carol is going to be. I think we see right after finale fight, they go to war (leaving Michonne in Alexandria with Judith, Carl and Rosita). That is current. But the gray beard stuff is few years after the war. The show just sucks so they didn't age Carl and Michonne well but also comic Rick is portrayed as aged badly due to how hard he's had it in the ZA being a warrior. And specifically how hard the war with Negan has been on him. I have no idea why the show kept jumping back to the pre war pep talk but that is right before they head off to Negan's compound. The Carl, and the crazy gas station guy, story....not sure how that fits but, based on Rick's appearance, it's more current than post war. So I don't think the grey beard stuff is a dream. And I thought the two graves were Abe and Glenn. Red eyes Rick, I am thinking, is as the war is coming to an end...maybe the final brawl.

Last edited:
I'm not sure I can take another season of Negan. I'm over the story, over the fact that they miss multiple opportunities to take him out, and feel like it just drags. Is the whole season going to be the Negan storyline?

I thought Fear the Walking Dead was actually pretty darn interesting this season - though I wish Madison would get eaten by a walker (I feel the same about Rick now too, LOL).

Not sure the purpose of the time hops but hope it wasn't just filler material.

Ok, so I'm going to echo a lot of what's beensaid already, but here goes....

1. Why are they wasting all that ammo shooting out 5 stories of windows? I thought ammo was precious in the apocalypse.
2. Why didn't he just shoot Negan? I mean come on!
3. Why was Gabriel so ridiculously foolish with that Hill Top mayor guy? (Maybe I shouldn't even bother asking that one, it is Gabriel after all.)
4. Maggie doesn't show, but Judith ages- what's up with that?
5. What was that whole gas station thing?
6 Timeline = What the heck is happening?

I do love the show, but I was wishing it was more straight forward. After 6 months of waiting I was hoping for a bit more, but it left me intrigued to see where it goes. I didn't read the comic spoiler.

I was thinking Glenn & Abraham too, but maybe not... Maybe it's Michonne & Carl.

I never thought of that....I just assumed Abraham and Glenn because of all the time hopping.

OK, my pet peeves were the wasting ammo like they had an endless supply of it.... shooting in the air, buildings, windows but no one could shoot Negan.

What was with Rick taking a picture with the Polaroid camera?

That irked me..... I had thought maybe it was the Saviors camera because they take pics of those they kill but it didn't make sense to me. They are in a very dangerous position yet Rick takes the time to take a pic but not blow Negan away?!

The time hoping is confusing as to where we are in the story--past, present, future.

I love the actors in TWD compared to FTWD, honestly wish someone would take out Madison on that show.

There were rumors how FTWD and TWD were going to cross paths but didn't see anything, anyone else see it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter