***The VWL Groupies & Trivia Thread*** Chapter 2!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh boy! A mummer is a Philadelphia tradition. They have a big parade ever NY's day. Its basically a bunch of grown men in feathers. playing banjos

MUMMERS RULE !!!!! Been watching them since I was a tiny tot !

Hey Muushka

We will be there in Nov/ Dec for 13 nights. So the first 7 can be booked all at once. Tammy said the CM suggested calling day by day to make sure we get the rest of our nights.

And we should be there for a few days overlapping. We will be arriving on Nov 28, staying til Dec 11.

As for dropping a day, I dont think it would cause any problems. Just make sure you use those pts within that use year.

BTW, we are booked for that DC!!! We are so excited! Its like going to WDW for the first time, and being like a kid in the candy store:yay:

Congrats to all the groupies who are planning an escape to our beloved lodge for December '09. :santa: Here's some pixie dust to ensure that all your reservations come together without a hitch. :wizard:

Hip, hip, hooray to the JT family for booking your first Disney cruise. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Thanks, Blossomz, for your pics and trip report!

Happy birthday to Eliza!:cake: Thanks also, Eliza, for suggesting the black-eyed peas for New Year's Day. I found a recipe online for "Hoppin' John" (which uses black-eyed peas) and it turned out really yummy. It was an interesting and enjoyable addition to our usual New Year's Day fare, pork with sauerkraut. That's what the Pennsylvania Dutch eat for good luck every New Year's Day.

So, for those of you who will be at the lodge next December, you may want to consider booking a horse-drawn carriage ride during your stay. It leaves from the portico at the front of the resort and goes for a nice 25-30 minute ride back through the woods toward Ft. Wilderness. Here's a shot from my family enjoying our ride last month.

DSC02464.jpg

Hugs :hug: and good wishes for a healthy and happy 2009! Groupies rock!!:thumbsup2

Ok Gang,
New Year is upon us. I'm going to open up part 3 today!! Check in and post a picture!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter