The Villas at Disney's Grand Californian Owners Group

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was originally going to buy 100, then went up to 115, and now am thinking of purchasing 220. Since I'm undecided I think I need to wait. How bad are resales going now?? I think if I buy 200 or more I'm going to dump my AKV points. We're DL people and can't justify owning both.

I was originally going to buy 100, then went up to 115, and now am thinking of purchasing 220. Since I'm undecided I think I need to wait. How bad are resales going now?? I think if I buy 200 or more I'm going to dump my AKV points. We're DL people and can't justify owning both.

I hear you and I fear that the resale market probably isn't GREAT right now . . . Esp b/c I bet others will do the same as you. Plus in general you have the issues with the economy. Plus AKV is still being sold by Disney. I'm not a resale expert at all though. If I could I'd probably change my AKV points over to VGC, too. I LOVE AKV and WDW but I think the VGC would be easier to use at AKV (and OKW, SSR) than the other way around. Plus maintenence fees are lower at VGC etc.

:smickey:

CONGRATS! I am so happy for you!!!!

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

Welcome home neighbor (In both Norcal and Socal)!!!

Thanks bethy and Grumpygrandpa! It's been a long agonizing wait, but we finally have a piece of the VGC! Now it's time to figure out what to do with those DP...part of me wants to be practical and rent them and the other part says go try for Maui in RCI. :rolleyes:

Welcome home neighbor (In both Norcal and Socal)!!!

Another Norcal neighbor (Granite Bay) just bought 100 pts split into 2 50 pt contracts !! :cheer2:

My guide said they were processing contracts as quickly as possible but it might take 8-10 days to receive the paperwork. Can't wait to read the fine print and sign on the dotted line!

She also confirmed they will start taking reservations June 1 for a planned Nov 30 opening.

Are there any incentives for CGV?

I know $5 off per point and matching DPs

Any chance of annual passes?

Are there any incentives for CGV?

I know $5 off per point and matching DPs

Any chance of annual passes?

For AP's the word is that you have to buy 220 points and sign the docs in person at the DLR DVC offices.

Thanks

I don't understand the signing in person thing. I'm in Ohio and it would cost too much to fly out to sign paperwork

I received my paper work and my eyes are crossing trying to read painstakinglly through everything. We're not spending enough money that we feel we need to outsource that task. But after the 2010 point chart fiasco I don't want to be feeling bamboozled later on!

I am toying with the idea of trying to talk DH into *just* 25 more points. This is ridiculous and I feel so ungrateful for the wonderful points I'm already getting! Ack! I will be glad when we've signed and the deal is done. Add-ons will be much easier to resist then. Esp once the resort is sold out.

Pssst: Anyone have any brilliant schemes on how to come up with an extra $2500 at the drop of the hat? ;)

Another Norcal neighbor (Granite Bay) just bought 100 pts split into 2 50 pt contracts !! :cheer2:

My guide said they were processing contracts as quickly as possible but it might take 8-10 days to receive the paperwork. Can't wait to read the fine print and sign on the dotted line!

She also confirmed they will start taking reservations June 1 for a planned Nov 30 opening.

Yay!!!! I am so happy for you! See you around the resort for the next 50 years! Congrats!!

pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust:

I will be going down to Disneyland on Wednesday to sign the papers. I've been waiting a long time for this and am sooo excited. I, like many of you, don't know what to do with my DPs. We already have a reservation for Mother's day. Maybe I could book for an Oct stay. The kids have the third weekof Oct. off and we usually go then. That just might be frustrating since it would be one month before the estimated time of opening (Nov. 30). Oh by the way, got 220 points.

Welcome to all new GCV owners. (we really should get together at the GCV some time:) !

I will be going down to Disneyland on Wednesday to sign the papers. I've been waiting a long time for this and am sooo excited. I, like many of you, don't know what to do with my DPs. We already have a reservation for Mother's day. Maybe I could book for an Oct stay. The kids have the third weekof Oct. off and we usually go then. That just might be frustrating since it would be one month before the estimated time of opening (Nov. 30). Oh by the way, got 220 points.

Welcome to all new GCV owners. (we really should get together at the GCV some time:) !

Booking an Oct. stay couldn't be on the DPs unless you started in Sept. and used the first 3 days in Oct. I have the same issue--had October 24-31 booked at SSR but now can't do that because the DPs will have expired.

Just one month longer would help. We usually do a long weekend in Oct. Please give us a year to use our DPs.:worship:

Congratulations to all of you GCV owners! I'm jealous! DH and I toured the model at DL last month and they were gorgeous!! The decor is classy. I'm only hoping to have a chance at the 7 month mark in the future!! :)

Just one month longer would help. We usually do a long weekend in Oct. Please give us a year to use our DPs.:worship:

Grandpa, I appoint you as our emissary to the great DVC to beg for a longer time period to use our Developer Points. GO GRANDPA!!!!!

Grandpa, I appoint you as our emissary to the great DVC to beg for a longer time period to use our Developer Points. GO GRANDPA!!!!!
I'll second that motion!!!! :cheer2: :mic: :cheer2:

I tried plending my case this morning, no such luck. My guide was pushing RCI. My worry is I only want one resort on Maui so what happens if we don't receive a match?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter