The VGF 2 pricing thread

What will 200 points at VGF2 look like at launch, with incentives included?

• Same price as Riviera, Same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 34 14.6%
  • Same price as Riviera, higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • Same price as Riviera, lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 74 31.8%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 50 21.5%
  • A little higher than Riviera ($1-$25 more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 6 2.6%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), same point chart as VGF1

Votes: 39 16.7%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), higher point chart than VGF1

Votes: 14 6.0%
  • A lot higher than Riviera ($26+ more), lower point chart than VGF1

Votes: 1 0.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Does DVC ever draw up paperwork for a closing date for purchase several months down the road? We want to buy before June 1st to get the current price / incentives, but I don't really want to buy today. We'd like a few more months to save up cash and allow our Canadian dollar to go up as it's predicted to. Is it like a normal real estate purchase, where you can draw up the papers and have the closing date be 60 days out?

I e-mailed our guide with this question, and they didn't really give a straight-forward answer. They said "we can only guarantee the price for today. Even though the price isn't supposed to go up before June 1st, the wording is such that it could go up with no notice: 'Offers can’t be combined with other select discounts and may be extended, modified, or withdrawn at any time without notice.' "

Does DVC ever draw up paperwork for a closing date for purchase several months down the road? We want to buy before June 1st to get the current price / incentives, but I don't really want to buy today. We'd like a few more months to save up cash and allow our Canadian dollar to go up as it's predicted to. Is it like a normal real estate purchase, where you can draw up the papers and have the closing date be 60 days out?

I e-mailed our guide with this question, and they didn't really give a straight-forward answer. They said "we can only guarantee the price for today. Even though the price isn't supposed to go up before June 1st, the wording is such that it could go up with no notice: 'Offers can’t be combined with other select discounts and may be extended, modified, or withdrawn at any time without notice.' "

They will allow you to push things out in terms of payments, but I believe you have to sign contracts within 30 days…but if you don’t sign, you are always at risk they could rescind on you…though I have not heard them do it..

I bought March 3rd and my final payment is not due until June 2nd, but I did sign the contract right away.

So I guess I didn’t purchase 85 points. I’ve been a member since 2016 and have always had a contract since then. I currently have only two contracts less than a year old. Since I don’t have any contracts a year old I don’t qualify for the member APR. But if I wait until mid May I’ll qualify. At this point it'll take just as long to buy resale. The whole point of direct is to not wait. How stupid. Direct just shooting themselves in the foot to resale...again.

We are spreading payments out over 3 months. I’m very happy the fx rate is over 0.80 today, since this is our second tranche of DVC charges hitting the credit card. Hoping our dollar does continue to go up too.

Ask your guide if you can lock in the pricing & sign contract this month, but spread out payments for 3-4 months.

So I guess I didn’t purchase 85 points. I’ve been a member since 2016 and have always had a contract since then. I currently have only two contracts less than a year old. Since I don’t have any contracts a year old I don’t qualify for the member APR. But if I wait until mid May I’ll qualify. At this point it'll take just as long to buy resale. The whole point of direct is to not wait. How stupid. Direct just shooting themselves in the foot to resale...again.

I am confused. Are you saying you need to own a year to qualify for a better APR for financing?

Or, you can’t add on 85 points because you have not owned your current contracts for more than a year?

Are you saying you need to own a year to qualify for a better APR for financing?
Correct. At that point, the math didn't work for me. If I wasn't going to get the better rate, it made sense to go resale. So I offered $165 on a loaded 100 point Poly contract and was accepted right away. It worked out in the end.

Correct. At that point, the math didn't work for me. If I wasn't going to get the better rate, it made sense to go resale. So I offered $165 on a loaded 100 point Poly contract and was accepted right away. It worked out in the end.

Thanks for clarifying and congratulation!

We are spreading payments out over 3 months. I’m very happy the fx rate is over 0.80 today, since this is our second tranche of DVC charges hitting the credit card. Hoping our dollar does continue to go up too.

Ask your guide if you can lock in the pricing & sign contract this month, but spread out payments for 3-4 months.
Thank you for this advice! I think we will ask if we can go this route.

I am confused. Are you saying you need to own a year to qualify for a better APR for financing?

Or, you can’t add on 85 points because you have not owned your current contracts for more than a year?

On my recent tour, I was told that in order to qualify for the better current member incentives vs new member ones you had to own for a year.

On my recent tour, I was told that in order to qualify for the better current member incentives vs new member ones you had to own for a year.
I bought RIV 2 weeks ago (my first dvc contract) and my guide sent me the current member pricing for VGF when I asked about adding on there.

I would check with another CM. If it's true then it's a new policy. I joined less than a year ago with a resale contract and have purchased direct a couple of times since.

Purchase Price Incentives or APR on loan?

I know the member add-on (price) incentives do not require 1 year. Not sure on APR.

Just bought at VGF as new member. Guide specifically stated current member incentives available when contract closed in 10 days.

Newbie question. My guide says that currently they are selling a Feb use year but that they could do a March use year and that would be better for us as we said we tend to go either August or October...i still don't know too much about when a 'good' use year is (we will be booking 11 months in advanced due to airfair), from a brief look online i thought that June would be a better use year?

Also guide said that 'deal' for RIV is that you get 2021 points but that if you weren't going to use them before they expired Disney would 'buy' them back off you (yes, less than renting them privately but obviously less hassle), has anyone heard of Disney doing the same for a new purchase for this years points? ie, we aren't planning on going until 2024 so would bank 2023 and use 2024 so 2022 points are of no 'use' to us for VGF?

Newbie question. My guide says that currently they are selling a Feb use year but that they could do a March use year and that would be better for us as we said we tend to go either August or October...i still don't know too much about when a 'good' use year is (we will be booking 11 months in advanced due to airfair), from a brief look online i thought that June would be a better use year?

Also guide said that 'deal' for RIV is that you get 2021 points but that if you weren't going to use them before they expired Disney would 'buy' them back off you (yes, less than renting them privately but obviously less hassle), has anyone heard of Disney doing the same for a new purchase for this years points? ie, we aren't planning on going until 2024 so would bank 2023 and use 2024 so 2022 points are of no 'use' to us for VGF?
A couple things.

1. If you travel same time every time, you want your use year to be as close as possible but right before you plan to travel.

You are right to say June would be perfect if you typically travel August or October. On the flip side, if you choose June and travel in the spring (Feb / March/ April / May) that is not ideal because you are past your banking window.

2. Remember points are Use Year not calendar year. For that reason a June use year would be great at RIV because you actually get 2021 points (June 1 2021 - May 31 2022 Use Year).

Yes I’ve heard of that program but as you’ve said it is quite a bit less than you can get elsewhere.

Remember that for the June 2021 points you want them to bank them right away (to June 1 2022 Use Year) if you decide to rent on your own. They will do that even though you are outside the banking window because this is a new contract.

None of the above about 2021 points are true for VGF since the first points will be 2022 Use Year.

Last edited:
I would check with another CM. If it's true then it's a new policy. I joined less than a year ago with a resale contract and have purchased direct a couple of times since.

It is not the member pricing. It’s the interest rate that is charged when you finance.

You have to be an owner for a year to get a better rate. But you can qualify for the incentives immediately.

I believe they are selling any use year right now. I need an October use year and they said they could do that.

We were also told that the "deal" of Disney buying back your 2021 points (for $10 a point) at RIV is only available to those who live in the U.S. So, many who are international buyers would have to rent out our 2021 points if we can't use them.

They are not buying back points for VGF at this time. They will only buy your first UY points. So, if you go with RIV March UY, it’s 2022 points. A June UY would be 2021 UY points.

You could then at least try and rent the 2022 June UY points. Use a broker like DVC rental store that would make it easier than doing on your own.

I believe they are selling any use year right now. I need an October use year and they said they could do that.

We were also told that the "deal" of Disney buying back your 2021 points (for $10 a point) at RIV is only available to those who live in the U.S. So, many who are international buyers would have to rent out our 2021 points if we can't use them.
Ah ok, our guide wasn't sure if it was US only and said she could ask if it is possible for international members....guess not then. :)

I'm really considering buying at vgf due to the restrictions at Riviera. I would rather not buy anything than buy RR due to the risk of the resale price crashing.
I do really like RR and would probably hope to stay there sometimes. I love VGF as well, so I wouldn't be disappointed. Does anyone know how hard it would be to book a deluxe studio premium view from oct1st-dec14 period for 4-7 days in the 7-month window not including holidays? I know we can't predict future demand but I'm wondering what current demand looks like.
Impossible?Rare?Expected?Basically guaranteed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter