The Trip where Disney Lost a Bit of Magic: Day 3 - Saturday 13th December 2008

cap'njack.

Totally in love with Lisa_C
The Trip where Disney Lost a Bit of Magic

11th-14th December 2008

Day 3 - Saturday 13th December 2008 (Or the day of Zero rides as it really should be called!)

It always seems to get harder to get up for EMH the further through the holiday that you get! Nevertheless at 7:45 the shapes for four figures made their way to the car for EMH. Today's participants were Ellie, Kacee, Uncle Matty and Myself. Both Nanny and Dandad had stayed in bed, perhaps suffering from the caraffe of wine consumed over dinner!

Today's EMH went maily the same as yesterday however we finished at 9.30 this morning instead as it was 30% off morning at the Emporium. We picked up a Pirate Stich for myself, glasses for Ellie parents, a Buster for Kacee and a Christmas Minnie and Mickey for Ellie and I. The plan was to head over to the studio's for opening so that we could do Cars and Fkying Carpets however Nanny and dandad had managed to sneak into the Emporuim so we didn't leave here until about 10:30 after Dandad bough his silly bobble hat that he insisted on wearing for the rest of the trip. We arrived at the studios at 10:45am and waited the 20 mins for Cars with Kacee crying the entire time. His problem is that if he can see the ride going without him on there then he gets upset and cries, thus making him useless on rides such as Cars, Carousel etc but ok on POTC, PM and Flying Carpets. After Cars we headed for Flying Carpets while Nanny, Dandad and Uncle Matty went to Animagique. After that we went for another Hot Chocolate and back to the Disneyland Park for a Croque Monsieur for lunch. Today was so busy, waiting times of over 90 minutes for every single ride so we spent most of the afternoon walking around, looking and listening to some of my Dad's stories on how the park was built etc.

At 6pm we left the park and headed to Annettes for dinner where I had my Bee Bop Burger. 7pm ame and we had finished our meal, Ellie, Dandad and Uncle Matty decided to go back to the Cabin whilst my Mum and I kept Kacee and headed back to the park. The weather was so horrible that the park had cleared out and we did Candleabration, PN, POTC (twice) and IASW (twice) before standing by IASW for the Electric Light Parade. By 9.30pm and the end of the parade we were soaked, freezing cold but really happy that we had stayed. Back to the DCR for just after 10pm (after tailgating a French man to get through the barrier) to dry out and straight to bed (again seperatly, not with my own Mother)

We always enjoy people watching and taking in the detail as well. Since I refuse to queue for anything longer than 30 mins. 90 mins is just :scared1:

aww bless him crying if he can see the ride going! :lovestruc

which is his fave ride do you think ? :)

Another great day, although I agree with Reid I wouldn't queue for 90 mins for the rides:eek:

Those of you who will not queue more than 90 mins have clearly not been there on a weekend or school holidays. Sadly, fastpass ironically is largely to blame for such wait times.

Those of you who will not queue more than 90 mins have clearly not been there on a weekend or school holidays. Sadly, fastpass ironically is largely to blame for such wait times.

we have ONLY been @ wkends and school holidays!

i wouldn't queue for that long!

longest we queued (summer hols) was 60 mins i think,for a ride that had no fastpasses left :(

but i find the queuing a lot more bearable when the weather is good!

We have seen queues of 2-3 hours before for BTM and SM over the years - mainly Saturdays and during the October Half Term (never again). Not always, but frequently enough.

We have seen queues of 2-3 hours before for BTM and SM over the years - mainly Saturdays and during the October Half Term (never again). Not always, but frequently enough.

When I went to DLRP many many years ago, our wait time for BTM was at somewhere around the 240 minute mark..... :headache:

Bob xoxoxox

Another great day. Really looking forward to the pics soon.

The longest I'd queue is probably 30-40 mins. If I was on my own, I might be willing to queue a bit longer, I don't know... but with the kids, they get so bored & restless and I'm always worried that they'd want to go for a wee or something halfway.

Looking at my (as yet unfinished) trip report for 20 Dec - 23 Dec I see the longest we queued was 70 min for Crush. This was on the Sunday before Christmas. On the Saturday BTM had queue times of 60 minutes at about 5 in the evening which I thought was reasonable, given that it was supposed to be the busiest weekend of the year. :confused3

having read your report i dont see how disney has lost a big of magic? i must have missed something :confused3

My last trip was so amazing and Christmas just slightly dissapointed me. I had arguements with CM's, Kacee was treated with contempt by Adults and the park was so busy (which isn't a problem, I love a busy park but Kacee can't work out why he has to wait while others don't so it became a bit of a nightmare after EMH)

I will get the pictures from Uncle Matty sometime this week and update the TR

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter