• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

The Trip where Disney Lost a Bit of Magic: Day 1 - Thursday 11th December 2008

cap'njack.

Totally in love with Lisa_C
The Trip where Disney Lost a Bit of Magic

11th-14th December 2008

Day 1 - Thursday 11th December 2008

The day started rising at 6.30am, packing up the last bits of the car before waking up Kacee to get him ready, by 7am and dead on time we were pulling away from our house and starting the 10 minute journey to my Parents house. After making sure that everyone was ready to go we left my parents house just before 8am to fill up at our local petrol station, which had obviously run out of Diesel (looking back this could have been an omen as to how the trip was to progress!!) The drive to Dover from Gillingham takes about 45 minutes and is very boring! Although with that completed and check in sorted out it was straight on the ferry for the 2 hour crossing to Dunkerque. I'd informed my parents that we were going to France for the weekend and it was on the ferry where I gave them a copy of the booking for the DCR and a copy of the park map each. Their faces as they saw where they were going were almost as good as when Uncle Matty turned up on the doorstep! Mum instantly started planning which rides she could take Kacee on and which ones she would be scared of doing (Casey Jnr is the absolute limit for my Mum)

The journey from Dunkerque to DLRP took just over three hours and was very uneventful; tolls were 19.60 euro because of the time of day for anyone who is interested. We had lost Mum, Dad and Uncle Matty ages ago (as planned on the ferry) as they were to stop and have lunch on the journey and then cook dinner at the DCR, Ellie, Kacee and I shot off to the DCR and then on to the parks. Check in at the DCR was very simple and within a few moments we had our key to cabin 1408 on the Tomahawk Trail. I was very surprised to find that although we had a two-bedroom cabin they only provided us with one key! A quick text to Mum to let her know the code for the gate, the Trail and the Cabin number and where we had hidden the key and it was off to the Parks. Kacee was squealing with delight when he saw the Hotel New York which he must have remembered from our first trip and was shouting 'Mickey, Pirate, Tock, Donald' the entire way to the park! We went straight into the park, looking at the Christmas decorations on the way and on to IASW for our first ride. Then off IASW on to POTC and through Adventureland and Frontierland to PM. It was so cold that we decided to call it a night after watching Candleabration (which is far better in the dark) and then headed back to the DCR to meet up with the parents and Uncle Matty and have a lovely meal of Beef Stew and Dumplings cooked by my Mum in the very simple kitchen provided.

Found that the Cot and High Chair that we had requested when booking and when checking in still hadn't been delivered so another call to reception and along came a high chair...10 minutes later an no Cot so another call to reception and finally at 10.20pm with Kacee fast asleep on the sofa bed the baby cot was delivered.

Off to bed for everyone in the vain hope of getting up tomorrow for EMH!!!

Kacee was squealing with delight when he saw the Hotel New York which he must have remembered from our first trip and was shouting 'Mickey, Pirate, Tock, Donald' the entire way to the park!

AWWW!

Bob xoxoxox

awwww bless kaceee
and - u put me to shame - i havent done my report yet - and uve finished urs!!! how??:confused3

cant wait to read next bits.......

A nice start to your trip report - although I've been 'naughty' and read the last day, I was seething about what happened to Kacee so I can only imagine as his parent what you wanted to say/do. (((hugs))) to you both.

Great start, off to read the next day:goodvibes

Aww it's great that Kacee remembered the hotel :) Off to read the next chapter now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter