The Sword in the Stone

rafiki77

Earning My Ears
My family is going soon to Disneyland, and I was wondering if anyone knew how the wizard picked the child for the sword being released from the stone. My 5 yr old nephew is special needs, and this year has been a huge year for him (starting kindergarten, finding out about his low muscle tone,his hearing problems, starting Occupational/Speech therapy, and oh yeah after being a lonely only he now has a baby sister.) If anyone knows anything please help. Thankyou.

Both of my kids have been picked on different trips. My daughter was picked after the first child was to shy to go up. My husband was pointed at her and she was waving her arms. I guess he picked her because she looked willing! My son was picked on our last trip. We were sitting /standing near the area when Merlin showed up. We said hello to him right away. Then when he was picking a child my husband was once again pointing to him and my daughter was waving her arms and pointing at him. He was a bit shy, but did go up and pull it out.

I've heard some people have a theory about being picked if you are near the third post from one side or the other (dont remember which). We were on the Peter Pan side with my dd, and on the Snow white side for my son.

There is no specific way he picks a child. I have seen it a few times and the kids he picks are random. Some have been by the rope, some have been a few rows back, some have been on their parents shoulders.

You can go to guest services at City Hall in the morning and tell them what showtime you want to see. Maybe they can get word to Merlin to pick your nephew.

Is he able to stand? Or is he confined to a wheelchair? If he can't stand up from a wheelchair, he may not be able to reach the sword to pull it out.

Hope this helps!

:sunny: ,
Katie

When my son was 4, he was an absolute Sword in the Stone fanatic. It was the ONLY thing he wanted to do at DL. After going to the show 3 times and standing in the spot we thought was right each time and NOT getting picked, I went up to Merlin with my son after the show. I gushed about what a big fan my son was, told Merlin how much he LOVED pulling swords out of "stones" everywhere around our house, and introduced the two of them. At the next show, I stood SMILING PLAINTIVELY over my son as Merlin got ready to pick someone and he picked him! It was well worth going through 4 times for it! They crown the kid and give him a special medal to wear. Every ride after that, he's greeted by CM's as "King."

My son will never forget it, and I, of course, thanked Merlin profusely afterward. He never once broke character, but implied that I was very welcome.

Another example of Disney magic...

ter-moo said:
When my son was 4, he was an absolute Sword in the Stone fanatic. It was the ONLY thing he wanted to do at DL. After going to the show 3 times and standing in the spot we thought was right each time and NOT getting picked, I went up to Merlin with my son after the show. I gushed about what a big fan my son was, told Merlin how much he LOVED pulling swords out of "stones" everywhere around our house, and introduced the two of them. At the next show, I stood SMILING PLAINTIVELY over my son as Merlin got ready to pick someone and he picked him! It was well worth going through 4 times for it! They crown the kid and give him a special medal to wear. Every ride after that, he's greeted by CM's as "King."

My son will never forget it, and I, of course, thanked Merlin profusely afterward. He never once broke character, but implied that I was very welcome.

Another example of Disney magic...

ter-moo -- you're such a good mom :goodvibes

Mary Jo said:
ter-moo -- you're such a good mom :goodvibes
Mary Jo,

More like a DESPERATE one! He was making us all miserable because he hadn't gotten to pull out the sword! :crazy: :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter